Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I think the issue with how it is being handled, has to do with the aggressiveness of which they are rounding people up. Basically, they bit off more than they can chew. If they weren't able to do things swiftly, and with some shred of empathy, they should have held off a while until they had the man power, and resources to handle this better.
    You might be right, or wrong, I have no way of knowing. I stopped treating media reports as "facts" a couple decades ago. I don't think illegals should be intentionally treated like shit, but I also don't think they should be handled like special snowflakes just because they paid thousands to human traffickers.

And the most important thing here is that you could take the exact same photos and videos of crying children calling for dad/mom to come back when they are taken away from their parents who are being detained for a DUI. It happens every day to american citizens. They do dumb shit and their kids suffer from it. How can it only enrage people when it happens to illegal border crossers? Or have I missed the rage at domestic separations?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    You might be right, or wrong, I have no way of knowing. I stopped treating media reports as "facts" a couple decades ago. I don't think illegals should be intentionally treated like shit, but I also don't think they should be handled like special snowflakes just because they paid thousands to human traffickers.

And the most important thing here is that you could take the exact same photos and videos of crying children calling for dad/mom to come back when they are taken away from their parents who are being detained for a DUI. It happens every day to american citizens. They do dumb shit and their kids suffer from it. How can it only enrage people when it happens to illegal border crossers? Or have I missed the rage at domestic separations?
    The outrage is due to 2,000 kids being locked in a cage. It is the sheer volume and speed at which it happened. Scattered cases don't really register. It's like seeing a single fly in a few houses. It is annoying to see there, but it's not a big deal since it is just 1 and not concentrated in the same place. But when it is 2,000 flies all in one place, it is far more alarming.

(I know that analogy might sound like i'm comparing illegal immigrants to flies, which sounds horrible, but that is not the intent.)

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.washingtonpost.com/power...=.6454befdcc18

Families will now be kept together

President Trump abruptly reversed course Wednesday, saying he would sign an executive order ending family separations at the U.S.-Mexico border after a public uproar over the impact of his administration’s “zero tolerance” immigration policy.

The plan, as described by administration officials, would keep families together in federal custody while awaiting prosecution for illegal border crossings, potentially violating a 1997 court settlement limiting the duration of child detentions.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultraxion View Post
    America is pulling out of the UN human rights council, so by all accounts, any country that's still on that council can lecture America on human rights.
    Yes I am sure a Saudi Arabian UN HR Councillor can tell America how it is done. The UN and all its branches are corrupt.

The outrage is due to 2,000 kids being locked in a cage.
    Either you are spreading this false information on purpose or you are not following up on shreds of propaganda you see in the media.
    There are no 2000 kids BEING locked in a cage. This a number of them that passed through illegal immigrant processing facilities over 1,5 months since the new policy was enforced. After being booked they are moved to over 100 government contracted minor housing facilities that do not not look anything like the border posts they are brought to after being caught by border patrol. They have normal rooms with beds, that often don't even have doors to lock, not to mention any "cages". Just look up any of the many reports about it on youtube.
    Last edited by stevenho; 2018-06-20 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    It has only been an issue for 2 months. The specific issue is internment camps for infants and babies. Permanent separation of children from parents.

Seriously - this sort of crap hasn't happened since NAZI Germany.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/4b0f16e...ecounts-a.html

This morning I watched 3 liberal news anchors tear into trump until the congressman they were interviewing started citing facts about the same exact policies that were in place during the Obama administration. I've never seen someone change the subject and cut to commercial so fast in my life. But ok, let's say this was just recently a problem. They've picked a band aid solution to a much worse problem. How many kids do you think were brought over by a non relative and sold into sex slavery or much worse ? At least this way the U.S. can be accountable for these children that are brought over until things are sorted out. That being said I wholeheartedly agree that something needs to be done asap. Now that it's in the spotlight politicians on both sides have no choice but to come together and make some shit happen. But don't pretend that they're doing this shit just to be evil because Trumps painted by the other team as a big bad racist.

And as another poster said, Stop sticking a nazi label on every fucking thing that hurts your feefees. It diminishes the meaning and doesn't do you or the jewish people any favors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antius View Post
    And as another poster said, Stop sticking a nazi label on every fucking thing that hurts your feefees. It diminishes the meaning and doesn't do you or the jewish people any favors.
    Stop acting like nazis and we won't call you one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Why, should they praise it? In fact, should anyone praise USA gov. for making concentration camps for children? Its insane some still try to defend this.

- - - Updated - - -

Think of the benefit of this. If enough people leave Mexico, we can take them over with little to no effort. It would be barren land waiting to be claimed. We would have their resources, and their land, and their people.

I'm of course not serious...
    You might be joking but thats not a bad idea, didnt USA take half of Mexico before? Why not the rest right.
    Last edited by Nefastus; 2018-06-20 at 07:27 PM.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

SNIP...

It's the act of those with small minds and don't know what a what they are talking about when it comes to history and the difference of then and now.

Such as right now, the parents willfully gave up their children. How do I know this? Well...

But when a foreign national is caught illegally crossing the US border, they are detained by border patrol and placed in a temporary holding facility. wherein they are processed and eventually deported. If the illegal alien has children with them, the process is markedly different.

The parents (or adult guardians) and the children are housed together (at US taxpayer expense) for twenty days. During those twenty days they are advised as to the laws they have broken and they are provided with numerous options to remedy their plight.

They are permitted (without being charged with a crime) to re-cross the border (with their children) into Mexico and make their way to an official checkpoint where they can legally and appropriately seek asylum.

If they refuse that option, and decide to remain in detention, they are told they will be charged with a felony and detained awaiting a deportation order from a US court. The order can take up to several months because of the back log.

During that time, their children will be removed from their custody & placed elsewhere because US & International law forbids the housing or co-mingling of children in adult detention facilities. The children will be placed with other family members currently residing legally in America or with a licensed foster facility until such time as the deportation order is received and executed. At the time of deportation the children are reunited with the parents and taken back across the border as a family through a reciprocity agreement the US has with Mexico.

The illegal aliens are advised NUMEROUS times within those 20 days that they will be charged with felony border crossing should they not return to Mexico voluntarily. In so denying this option, they are told their chances of every getting into the US legally are eliminated.

You see, these people are advised quite well as to their situation and their options. They are treated fairly and humanely. At anytime during the twenty day detention they can opt to return to Mexico voluntarily and attempt to enter the US through proper means and channels, this avoiding a criminal record in the US.

Children are NOT being ripped away from their parents. If the children are removed it is because the parent chose for that to happen.

This is not what the Democrats, the Far Left & the MSM are leading you to believe however. This is NOT what the civil rights organizations & activists are telling you. You are being lied to & deceived because they bank on your apathy & ignorance of information on this & other immigration matters. They are looking only to discredit the current president & his administration.
    Last edited by quras; 2018-06-20 at 08:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefastus View Post
    Why, should they praise it? In fact, should anyone praise USA gov. for making concentration camps for children? Its insane some still try to defend this.
    Shooting your argument in the foot and showing off your ignorance with bells and whistles all in one line? Impeccable and amazing. Maybe try not being so closed minded so you can see the difference between an actual atrocity and mundane bullshit that is being exaggerated and straight up lied about. Wouldn't want people to see you as a complete waste, that would just be downright accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Hey, you're Australian too, didn't we just take a huge group of refugees off your hands?

Why did we have to do that?
    Probably because our idiot government paid you $40m to make a political point. For like... 500 refugees once all the haggling is done?

https://www.theguardian.com/australi...asylum-seekers
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Such as right now, the parents willfully gave up their children. How do I know this? Well...
    By all means inform the Trump Admin; they'd love to save face right about now.

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    The intelligent ones that think if you are detained for any reason in the US, you don't get to keep your children. Citizen or not, they are not detained with you. LEO and then DCFS are brought in at some point. Misdemeanor or not, you don't get to keep your kids with you. They must be detained till they can see a judge to decide their fate.

What fuckward sends kids to detention with all kinds of adults. Thats some fucked views right there.
    Sorry you are a bit slow on the pick-up. I don't think we should detain "illegal" immigrants. Typically there is a relative, a next of kin, or someone they know they can stay with. Work with them, assign them a social worker, and either get them back to their country of origin of get them some kind of temporary legal status here in the states. I know, some bullshit about your tax dollars - but it would be cheaper and more effective.
    Last edited by Pterodactylus; 2018-06-21 at 12:29 AM.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

It's the act of those with small minds and don't know what a what they are talking about when it comes to history and the difference of then and now.

But when a foreign national is caught illegally crossing the US border, they are detained by border patrol and placed in a temporary holding facility. wherein they are processed and eventually deported. If the illegal alien has children with them, the process is markedly different.

The parents (or adult guardians) and the children are housed together (at US taxpayer expense) for twenty days. During those twenty days they are advised as to the laws they have broken and they are provided with numerous options to remedy their plight.

They are permitted (without being charged with a crime) to re-cross the border (with their children) into Mexico and make their way to an official checkpoint where they can legally and appropriately seek asylum.

If they refuse that option, and decide to remain in detention, they are told they will be charged with a felony and detained awaiting a deportation order from a US court. The order can take up to several months because of the back log.

During that time, their children will be removed from their custody & placed elsewhere because US & International law forbids the housing or co-mingling of children in adult detention facilities. The children will be placed with other family members currently residing legally in America or with a licensed foster facility until such time as the deportation order is received and executed. At the time of deportation the children are reunited with the parents and taken back across the border as a family through a reciprocity agreement the US has with Mexico.

The illegal aliens are advised NUMEROUS times within those 20 days that they will be charged with felony border crossing should they not return to Mexico voluntarily. In so denying this option, they are told their chances of every getting into the US legally are eliminated.

You see, these people are advised quite well as to their situation and their options. They are treated fairly and humanely. At anytime during the twenty day detention they can opt to return to Mexico voluntarily and attempt to enter the US through proper means and channels, this avoiding a criminal record in the US.

Children are NOT being ripped away from their parents. If the children are removed it is because the parent chose for that to happen.

This is not what the Democrats, the Far Left & the MSM are leading you to believe however. This is NOT what the civil rights organizations & activists are telling you. You are being lied to & deceived because they bank on your apathy & ignorance of information on this & other immigration matters. They are looking only to discredit the current president & his administration.
    haha thats tons of bullshit you saying
    since the Trumph rise the border cops start to take any suspect of not begin a US citicen to the inmigration center and most of they are ripped of they visa status if they have any (most of this on Texas), since a relative of mine got deported and ripped of his tourist visa by the immigrations cops for having with him a bussiness card on english and they invented that he was working there and had an investigation and that bullshit, and he didnt had that kind of problems before and he traveled to the us regulary (most of his vacations were there) 6 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Pterodactylus View Post
    Sorry you are a bit slow on the pick-up. I don't think we should detain "illegal" immigrants.
    I don't agree with either of those statements. I have no problem detaining people for cross into the country illegally in this day and time.

Typically there is a relative, a next of kin, or someone they know they can stay with. Work with them, assign them a social worker, and either get them back to their country of origin of get them some kind of temporary legal status here in the states.
    There is but the problem they face is not showing up. Many are also illegal if they are in the US and do not show up to claim a child for fear of deportation and the ones outside the US are to far to get there and get them in any reasonable about of time. The few that do have legal status are typically placed with those family members. I agree that getting them home faster is the way to go but they do not choose that option and would rather wait it out to see a judge.

I know, some bullshit about your tax dollars - but it would be cheaper and more effective.
    Not sure it would be cheaper or more effective in this case given current laws. If those change maybe but not currently.

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I have no problem detaining people for cross into the country illegally in this day and time.
    And separating children from their parents in the process is cool with you too. I got it, you have shit morals.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/4b0f16e...ecounts-a.html

This morning I watched 3 liberal news anchors tear into trump until the congressman they were interviewing started citing facts about the same exact policies that were in place during the Obama administration. I've never seen someone change the subject and cut to commercial so fast in my life. But ok, let's say this was just recently a problem. They've picked a band aid solution to a much worse problem. How many kids do you think were brought over by a non relative and sold into sex slavery or much worse ? At least this way the U.S. can be accountable for these children that are brought over until things are sorted out. That being said I wholeheartedly agree that something needs to be done asap. Now that it's in the spotlight politicians on both sides have no choice but to come together and make some shit happen. But don't pretend that they're doing this shit just to be evil because Trumps painted by the other team as a big bad racist.

Please site from a mainstream news source, where Obama directed ICE to seperate kids from there parents.

There is but the problem they face is not showing up.
    [Citation Needed]

99.5% of detainees released pending an immigration trial show up. That is higher than the number of domestic releases pending trial that actually show up. It's just like voter fraud, you guys are constantly trying to find solutions to problems that don't exist because you're too spineless to just say "I don't like brown people".
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    With all the violence, rampant corruption and criminal activity in Mexico, no one in that country has a right to criticize how the US border services are handling illegal immigrants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    With all the violence, rampant corruption and criminal activity in Mexico, no one in that country has a right to criticize how the US border services are handling illegal immigrants.
    I think it's more like "when a country with violence, rampant corruption and criminal activity calls something you're doing deplorable, it's probably time to take a second look at yourself."
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    So what's your opinion about Puerto Rico then?
    Puerto Ricans are American citizens. Therefore, you already know my opinion.
    "Independence forever!" --- President John Adams
    "America is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own." --- President John Quincy Adams
    "Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson