Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    But it's nice to have the choice to have a simple horse or gryphon but with high detail
    I already have a high detail horse in the form of paladin class mount, BFA collector's edition mount and prestigious war steed from pvp world quests. If you wanted a plain - really plain no armor etc. high res horse, one would be sufficient, having 4 or more of these seems a tad bit overkill.

And the gryphon wasn't any higher detail than the MOP one (even though some people say it was removed?)

The only positive thing is even if they're copy-pasta assets at least it's different assets unlike WOD boars that were 2 models constantly recoloured. In the same vein I'm super disappointed with Lightforged racial mount, it's a recolour of army of the light paragon mounts, doesn't even have different saddle / armor. As a comparison, Nightborne racial mount is a model change from arcanist manasaber / mystic runesaber / any other cat. It's not just a palette swap.

Quote Originally Posted by Rezark View Post
    Really? Saddles? Get a life honestly.
    Reused saddles and armor on 3 new horse models that are already serving as updates to the old horse model (therefore not uniquely made to be mounts) compared to Bloodticks, hyenas and pterrordaxes. Three new models, all with unique new saddle models.
    You can't get around it. It's objectively not the same effort.
    Don't even try to argue against it. You'll lose.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    It makes sense for the story though
    It absolutely does not. Zandalari trolls do not ride blood ticks. They kill them. In essence, you are riding the enemy of the faction you are grinding rep for.
    If Alliance reps were on a similar level with their rewards, they'd give us a wicker beast mount, not the third horse with reused armor.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Honestly they should just take the saddles off. Then you can't can't complain, because the models are all new!
    Not really, one of the rep horses is just the Gilnean Mountain Horse but with a saddle on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogren View Post
    Not really, one of the rep horses is just the Gilnean Mountain Horse but with a saddle on it.
    Haha, this.
    Save yourself the rep grind and gold cost for reused armor. Just get the Worgen horses.

It honestly is unacceptable and in a perfect world they'll have something special for Alliance by the first patch. These mounts were more than likely a side effect of the art team running out of time due to things being locked down as they prep for the release version (as development on the release technically will end in the next couple weeks and devs being moved to the first patch).
    Last edited by leviathonlx; 2018-06-22 at 11:47 PM.

Not reusing assets is a waste of time.

The horses are amazing.

The art of BFA is off the hook... way beyond what WoW has ever gave us. This just proves that people will find ANYTHING to complain about because the one thing that most people realize this expansion is bringing (Amazing visuals) is being turned into a "Blizzard cares about horde QQ" thread.

You know....if it were 3 colors for ONE rep faction, nobody would hate it. The thing is, you get a horse from ALL of your rep factions. ONLY fuck**** horses! The horde on the other side gets a unique mount from every rep faction. The fact that they not even made a new sattle and all is just like an second hit in the face.

lol @ the people that think this is fine because "I like horses."

Are your standards really that low?

If you really like these because you love horses sooooo much and armor doesn't matter to you AT ALL, shouldn't you be upset that these are almost all the exact same horse? Shouldn't you be upset, if armor means nothing, that the Wolf-Horse, Vicious-Horse, and Celfthoof-Horse are all the same? What, you don't want different coats and breeds? You're okay with the same thing over and over? You don't even want the "Dapple Gray" to be DAPPLED??

You don't even want the Storm's Wake horse's barding to match the faction colors properly instead of using generic ones so that you don't look like an unmatching idiot when you wear the tabard???

And you are really okay with the massive missed opportunity that the Embers horse, especially, represents?

In the past, mounts like this with next to no difference between them would all be rewarded from the same faction. The others would be free for more diverse themes. You can like these all you want-- horrible standards aside-- but that doesn't excuse how everyone but yourself is being deprived.

And I mean, really. You really think it's acceptable for Horde to get all-new creatures, with multiple assortments, all clad in full body armor's worth of brand new assets, while the Alliance gets ONE variety of creature that isn't even given the effort of making their tiny scrap of armor that is the saddle new? Not even recoloring all of them to make them match the faction colors? What???

should post on the official forums and see if blizz actually responds to this.

The one mitigating factor to all of this is that the Alliance can get a rare blood bug and hyena mount, too.
    But we don't know how rare they are. Plus, it's still not really nice to give one faction 3 of the same creature, not even with new armor assets, while the Horde gets 3 unique creatures.

One rep could've easily had a saddled Wicker Beast mount, for example.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm waiting for a donkey mount... I want a donkey, like real donkey not a mule. Donkeys are cute and better than horses

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    IM sorry but mounts are not content =/
    And when did he compare mount quantity to content? Good job at being a stupid troll who can't even make a proper argument. =/

I mean, I just got horses that were cool enough to me from being a paladin.

And I have undead horses from Karazhan/Hallow's end.

So yeah, color me a little disappointed at this.
    There's plenty of basic horses in game yet I never see anyone using them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    There's plenty of basic horses in game yet I never see anyone using them.
    I think part of that might stem from the fact that some races don't look great on horses. The scaling can be a bit of a problem. Worgen, for example, look pretty poor on horses. Draenei aren't much better. Pandaren don't fare too well either. Gnomes sometimes clip through the horse itself, depending on model.

You get like 3+ colors of each mount, and OP is upset about reused saddles?

Quote Originally Posted by Baroclinic View Post
    You get like 3+ colors of each mount, and OP is upset about reused saddles?
    Whose ass did you pull this "3 colors of each" idea out of?

Man, the raid tier this replaced must've been legit.