Minus the shitposting and we'd be down to 1000 pages tops tbh.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    Minus the shitposting and we'd be down to 1000 pages tops tbh.
    Same with the legion one though lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    But it didn't exist just on Draenor. The Horde had a treasure trove of the stuff right under their feet, complete with a manufacturing facility, workshops, warehouses and workers/engineers that were surely not all killed lorewise. Also Orcs aren't luddites, they wouldn't refuse a technological advantage just because.
    At least some, and possibly all, of Iron Star technology seems to rely on elemental power. Which isn't too surprising, as the Technology is used by Garrosh and his Iron Horde, who were no strangers to Dark Shamanism and forcefully wielding the elements. According to Draenor's Legendary questline, it was the Goblins that designed the engine that runs on this elemental essence.

It isn't that unlikely that the Mag'har Orcs returned to their spiritual roots, and thus abandoned such technology. Same for the orcs that remained after the Siege of Orgrimmar. Though I am sure some elementals can be persuaded to provide power technology with uses other than war, I can see why the technology would have been largely abandoned. Especially once the Draenei and Orc alliance succeeded at removing the last threats to life on Draenor.

While it was definitely also abandoned by Blizz because it was part of the Garrosh and the Iron Horde's theme, it being technology that harms the elements, works as a proper explanation for me.
    Last edited by Caerule; 2018-06-25 at 02:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    At least some, and possibly all, of Iron Star technology seems to rely on elemental power. Which isn't too surprising, as the Technology is used by Garrosh and his Iron Horde, who were no strangers to Dark Shamanism and forcefully wielding the elements. According to Draenor's Legendary questline, it was the Goblins that designed the engine that runs on this elemental essence.

It isn't that unlikely that the Mag'har Orcs returned to their spiritual roots, and thus abandoned such technology. Same for the orcs that remained after the Siege of Orgrimmar. Though I am sure some elementals can be persuaded to provide power technology with uses other than war, I can see why the technology would have been largely abandoned. Especially once the Draenei and Orc alliance succeeded at removing the last threats to life on Draenor.

While it was definitely also abandoned by Blizz because it was part of the Garrosh and the Iron Horde's theme, it being technology that harms the elements, works as a proper explanation for me.
    I don't remember it ever being stated that the technology relied on forcing the elements to power it. That would be a decent explanation however.

I have faith in this group of ragamuffins they can shit post their way to 6000 pages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I have faith in this group of ragamuffins they can shit post their way to 6000 pages.

I hardly was here, but you know what I mean...
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    I hardly was here, but you know what I mean...
    What you have been here for was too much...

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    Same with the legion one though lol.
    Good point :P
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post

Well hopefully they can make a home in Azeroth, and have more of the NPCs, creatures, and what not appear in Azeroth now, and Draenor can die off into the unknown. Probably the other races of the Horde can help them remake their homes, and have a place somewhere...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I love you guys. You did well. <3

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Shit i just realized we beat the legion thread.

That one felt much longer
    Well it won't be long now until they close this thread...
    We had a good run...
    For the Horde!

Hello!

I figured I'd ask this here since i dont feel like it deserves a separate thread.

I was wondering if legacy loot mode is on the PTR or just on the beta. Are we getting it on pre patch day or on launch day?

Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Yayyyy we did it! Congratz boyzzzz! ♥

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mary Sue has lost it's definition in this thread. Everyone calls the characters they don't like a mary sue
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by Bilen View Post
    Hello!

I figured I'd ask this here since i dont feel like it deserves a separate thread.

I was wondering if legacy loot mode is on the PTR or just on the beta. Are we getting it on pre patch day or on launch day?

Thanks!
    it's on ptr, means it'll most likely come in prepatch.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean I thought the Iron Star was technology Blastfuse had completed but not fully used in Orgrimmar; it was used in prototype form in the Garrosh encounter and Garrosh dreams of using it in Stormwind on the Mythic phase. But I don't remember if the legendary questline actually mentions using the elements; it's always possible after all that the Blackfuse company worked with Dark shaman back in Orgrimmar.
    well, the blackrock are most definitely forcing that fire lord to serve them. it could be its power was use to power the stars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    Mary Sue has lost it's definition in this thread. Everyone calls the characters they don't like a mary sue
    I would rather slit the throat of the characters I effing hate and bury them in a grave where no-one will find them.
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I don't remember if the legendary questline actually mentions using the elements.
    To clarify on this, during the Legenday quesline, you collect a living Core of Flame from the Slag Mines.
    Originally Posted by Khadgar
    "The Bloodmaul Ogres have been known to use these to bend molten furies to their will, but you and I can find a much better use for one."
    You are then sent to retrieve a Core of Iron, which is the heart of the Goblin Iron Star technology, which is what Khadgar needs in order to use the Heart of Flame.
    Originally Posted by Khadgar
    "There's no point in getting a Core of Flame without any way to focus its power. Somehow, the goblins figured out how to do it - the technology is used in the "Iron Star" engines that the Iron Horde is using extensively throughout Draenor."
    That's the strongest evidence I have found that Iron Star technology runs on elemental power.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Meh, says I.

It's not remotely Sueish. It's just sexism as usual. Same reason all the Dark Rangers are hot topic belfs.
    What's Nathanos then? An exception?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    What's Nathanos then? An exception?
    Yes. He is. The only male Dark Ranger. The only Human Ranger of Quel'Thalas. Sylvanas's Love Interest. In fact he was so amazing at being a Ranger that he was a Ranger Lord, which puts him above all of the female belf Dark Rangers. So amazing at being a Ranger that canonically he's the primary Ranger Trainer of all the Forsaken Rangers who were raised and trained to reinforce the Dark Rangers numbers.

Dat Human Potential, tho.

Also Ranger has lost all meaning to me, now... Hate that.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

7+ Year Old Account
    the alliance warfront music is gorgeous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Yes. He is. The only male Dark Ranger.
    there are several male dark rangers in BfA.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    I wish they had some way to turn on your faction... My Orc sees no honor or glory in the horde anymore. I want to support the alliance.