Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Why do I even take the time to read comments on this site

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Here is the thing. Even if BfA is a poor expansion, do you think you will not get your money's worth of entertainment?
    This.
    Even if it can keep me entertained for 2 months i already find it worth the money.
    And i know i will enjoy myselfe much much longer

Quote Originally Posted by Utigarde View Post
    Apparently the three comics, two short stories, book release, and upcoming animated cinematics aren't hype.
    Seems more like marketing to try and sell the game vs "hype"
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallourlante View Post
    WoD was a filler expansion, basically expansions with half the content rushed and overall poor. People after seeing BfA beta are afraid that might be the case, since well...BfA could easily pass for a major patch with some ilvl squish and abilities pruning.
    This is a laughable lie. BfA has more content than legion at end game.

You don't know what filler means. Filler refers to something inserted in order to draw out length towards the awaited outcome.

Well, i want to know what we are filling towards. Cause we don't have a big baddie like Sargeras anymore. We handled him. So, filler towards what? Void lords? We know nothing about them. We don't know of any specific big villain. So... it can't possibly be filler if it's moving the plot forward.

Is it irrational QQ? Yes! It is very telling!

Btw, your only example of what you consider a filler expansion, WoD, only turned out that way because they were expanding the team and a lot of tutoring was required. There is no reason why such a situation would repeat itself. Try to stop and think a bit before you run your mouth.

Also, if you were right, shouldn't they have cut Boralus and the pyramid city by now? Like they did Karabor and the spire. Proof right there you can't be right.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2018-06-28 at 09:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post

You don't know what filler means. Filler refers to something inserted in order to draw out length towards the awaited outcome.

Well, i want to know what we are filling towards. Cause we don't have a big baddie like Sargeras anymore. We handled him. So, filler towards what? Void lords? We know nothing about them. We don't know of any specific big villain. So... it can't possibly be filler if it's moving the plot forward.

Is it irrational QQ? Yes! It is very telling!

Btw, your only example of what you consider a filler expansion, WoD, only turned out that way because they were expanding the team and a lot of tutoring was required. There is no reason why such a situation would repeat itself. Try to stop and think a bit before you run your mouth.

Also, if you were right, shouldn't they have cut Boralus and the pyramid city by now? Like they did Karabor and the spire. Proof right there you can't be right.
    The main reason is that Blizzard no longer release two decent/good expansions in a row, just wait and see. It's been like that since Wotlk, no reason to stop this trend. Open your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Utigarde View Post
    Apparently the three comics, two short stories, book release, and upcoming animated cinematics aren't hype.
    Nope. Not to me, I don't read any of that shit. You better get a south park episode so I can sit in trade chat and read "did you guys see the wow episode" for 2 days straight
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

i haven't seen much hype for Madden '19 guys. what gives?

Well, Blizzard has painted the Horde as the evil faction and players of that faction tend to be more enthusiastic. So, people don't want to hype being turned into villains from heroes.

We could have had many forms of AvH prior to Legion. But it is idiotic how difference classes have banded together with the PC directing them to become faction neutral entities altogether just to go back into their own faction's quarrel. Armies of Legionfall or any order within has the capacity to crush either of Alliance or Horde, yet we are supposed to ignore that as our faction leaders are rallying to steal the blood of our dying planet?

Blizzard's (Devs/Designers or the Game Director who is allowing it) narrative for WoW is a hot-mess right now and for that reason, people might not be boarding the hype-train.

Compared to Legion where we had artifact weapon traits, legendaries, and tier sets, the new Azerite system is looking boring as hell. Raid gear gets an extra tier on Azerite gear, but it's just a +5 ilvl boost. Many specs seem to be incomplete and it's almost time for this to drop. I've already paid for it so I am sure I will play at least some during BFA, but my excitement for BFA is almost 0.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Well, that's how terrible Legion design backfires. People were told for two years that obligatory grind in the same small amount of content is 'more content than ever', now they are coming into the environment where most of the power progression is time gated and most of the content doesn't have amazingly good rewards. 'There's nothing to grind so there's no content' is only logical conclusion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    i haven't seen much hype for Madden '19 guys. what gives?
    That's because Ferals were pruned.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adamzz View Post
    Yea, ignore the blood gods and old god influences in the expansion. It's easy to make something look worse than it actually is if you choose to ignore most of it. The fact that we see N'zoth in the first raid doesn't matter? The fact that the story is littered with old god influences doesn't matter?
    Well, while you have a point, the thread is about hype or not. And when you put alliance vs horder or anduin vs sylvanas as the main promotion of the expansion, you just can't expect much hype. This horde vs alliance stuff is the thing of the past. It just doesn't kick some people (including me) anymore. It was cool 2005 but it's not cool anymore when you just jailed sargeras on argus or were riding on a burning deathwing 5 years ago. It's just boring. They should have made N'zoth the main PR and nor A vs H.
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    It really is a shitty filler expansion. Delayed Zandalari, forced grind to unlock races. Before I could just plan my new adventure after game hits live, now I can't even play new guys. Fuck it.
    I mostly agree with this. Acti-Blizz obviously has WoW on a back burner.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Are you guys all missing the fact that this expac we're going up against Azshara and MOTHERFUCKING N'ZOTH?

The whole expac story is building to an Old God showdown
    I think the whole story is leading to the seals of the prisons being broken, The Black Empire is coming back!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Are you guys all missing the fact that this expac we're going up against Azshara and MOTHERFUCKING N'ZOTH?

The whole expac story is building to an Old God showdown
    Can't wait how they butcher their lore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallourlante View Post
    The main reason is that Blizzard no longer release two decent/good expansions in a row, just wait and see. It's been like that since Wotlk, no reason to stop this trend. Open your eyes.
    I believe, X-files.

Playing the actual beta i have been filled with reverse-hype, as in i think this expansion might kill the game as a whole so I dread its release and wish they would delay it and add in more content, or at the very least plan more large patches than any of the prior expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerisot View Post
    I think the whole story is leading to the seals of the prisons being broken, The Black Empire is coming back!
    I hope so. If it will be Legion 2.0 I can forgive Blizzard for WoD 2.0 aka BfA.

I still can't believe release is in 6 weeks (in a negative way).
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Stryke of the Wolverines View Post
    This is more an indictment of modern culture, than an indictment of Blizzard.

Reading?

Reading?

I want a fucking VIDEO that will autoplay while I sit back and vegetate over.

You want me to actively ENGAGE with something?

GTFO. I don't have time to read this stuff. I'm too busy watching "hilarious" cat videos on YouTube.

No hype.
    You READ my mind bro!

I run a raiding guild, and I'd say my guild is excited for it. Most of the people invested in the story are either interested to see what happens with Sylvanas or are excited for Azshara and N'Zoth. Gameplay wise, there's some skepticism about some of the class design, the removal of Master Loot and Tier, and how Azerite armor will play out, but everyone seems pleased with the streamlined Artifact and all of the new content (The continents, the dungeons, raid, islands, warfront, etc).

I don't think my guild is as hyped for it as Legion, due to a combination of Artifact weapons and taking down the Burning Legion, but there's definitely enthusiasm to come back after our usual end-of-expansion break.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I hope so. If it will be Legion 2.0 I can forgive Blizzard for WoD 2.0 aka BfA.

I still can't believe release is in 6 weeks (in a negative way).
    BFA is 100% Cata 2.0.

I still remember when Cataclysm was first announced, they had Deathwing and Queen Azshara as the main enemies, and then Queen Azshara just disappeared from the game, but was accidently left in one quest in Darkshore.