Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    Yes but arms is going to be fishing for tons of haste gear too and you will only have 6% more haste *if* you spec furious slash which isn't exactly super exciting over raging blow having a shorter cd and hitting harder or sudden death. Bladestorm for arms also does nearly twice as much dmg as fury. And that's before calculating Warbreaker/colossus smash, and arms mastery, which applies a 3 second bleed to all targets hit by my bladestorm.

I'm not saying your aoe is bad, but no it is not as good as arms.
    Enrage gives you whooping 25% haste, what 6% are you talking about?

- - - Updated - - -

I've also provided you with all the numbers in the post you quoted - that's exactly how much damage arms does by warbreaker + BS, and how much damage fury does with enrage+death wish (and if you've got this pvp talent and put warmode on - you are fullstack deathwhished all the time) +BS. It doesn't do twice as much damage all things considered.

I am also fairly sure that fire mage AoE > arms AoE, thank you very much, why bring this "your AoE" thing here?
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2018-07-02 at 06:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

It takes you 20 globals to do (not even) half the dmg arms does in 5. how is that faster?
    If you honestly arguing numbers when they haven't even done damage tuning yet, then what's the point of this thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

destro isn't even viable in bfa right now
    Wut? Destro is good.

Deleted
    Yes but arms is going to be fishing for tons of haste gear too and you will only have 6% more haste *if* you spec furious slash which isn't exactly super exciting over raging blow having a shorter cd and hitting harder or sudden death. Bladestorm for arms also does nearly twice as much dmg as fury. And that's before calculating Warbreaker/colossus smash, and arms mastery, which applies a 3 second bleed to all targets hit by my bladestorm.

I'm not saying your aoe is bad, but no it is not as good as arms.
    Did you forget the haste from enrage? I think you did.

Fury is faster then arms because it has more built in haste meaning you press more buttons.

Deleted
    I understand your argument, I was never confused about this. But I don't agree that it is in a good argument, it is like saying a car that has more moving parts is better than a car that actually gets your places faster, yet people often use this "faster playstyle" argument to dis arms. When we go live in a few weeks, there's going to be two classes/specs leveling faster than everyone else. Arms warriors and havok demon hunters.

Since when is simply being able to/having to press more buttons faster something that was considered an aspect of whether a class is good or not?
    You say you understand, but you don't. Dozens of people have explained what the definition of a faster playstyle is and, somehow, you come up with bad analogies and seem to think it's all about kill time or having shorter cooldowns.

Time required to kill something has nothing to do with a fast playstyle. Numbers tuning is still in full swing, so at this stage your arguement is pointless to make. It is all about the frequency you push buttons. If you work somewhere where you have to pack and send out 10 packages an hour and someone else has to do this 30 times an hour, guess what, the guy that has to do it 30 times has to work faster to meet his quotum.

It has nothing to do with kill time, nothing with shorter cooldowns, it is all about the frequency at which you have to press buttons when people refer to fury having a faster playstyle.

I dunno what's so complicated about this. Spec fury, go smash a target dummy for five minutes. Did you press a lot of buttons? Did you have any downtime? No?

Now spec arms and go smash a target dummy for five minutes. Did you press the same number of buttons? No? Did you have downtime? Oh you did?

Gosh, that must be why fury players prefer fury - because they like spamming buttons and they don't like sitting and waiting and pressing nothing at all.

Does that mean fury is better than arms? Nope. Some people like front loaded damage that bursts really hard (arms) and other people like spamming buttons really fast (fury). More likely than not they will both be viable for BFA and probably each will spend some time ahead of the other (and, as per usual, near the top of the dps charts).

10+ Year Old Account
    How has this gotten to 5 pages and not been locked? He's obviously trolling, he's had it explained to him several times over and he's just playing stupid at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Enrage gives you whooping 25% haste, what 6% are you talking about?

- - - Updated - - -

I've also provided you with all the numbers in the post you quoted - that's exactly how much damage arms does by warbreaker + BS, and how much damage fury does with enrage+death wish (and if you've got this pvp talent and put warmode on - you are fullstack deathwhished all the time) +BS. It doesn't do twice as much damage all things considered.

I am also fairly sure that fire mage AoE > arms AoE, thank you very much, why bring this "your AoE" thing here?
    This is a thread about warriors, and we started talking about aoe because someone brought up leveling and tried to argue that fury is even faster at leveling than arms. It isn't. I can pull more mobs more often with less downtime.

I hadn't read up on changes to enrage in BFA so wasn't aware that it was giving haste which is a new thing, but w.e that has nothing to do with what we were talking about. You claimed that fury's bladestorm does more damage than arms bladestorm + deep wounds and warbreaker. This is not true. In fact it does less damage than just the bladestorm. just to prove the point I went ahead and popped recklessness and spec'd and used siegebreaker before I bladestormed.

Btw, I have that Doom's Fury trinket off the Arthas Basin World Boss, in the above I didn't even use it, if I use it:

Last edited by Shakou; 2018-07-02 at 08:35 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Faster playstyle = higher APM basically. Wheter you like it or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rakatashi View Post
    he's just playing stupid at this point.
    Maybe he's not playing

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Faster playstyle = higher APM basically. Wheter you like it or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe he's not playing
    Or maybe the moderators only ban people they don't like. Because, it's a little funny that most of you felt the need to come in here with some uncalled for childish insult like it's just oaky to do that. Where are the infractions mods?
    Last edited by Shakou; 2018-07-02 at 08:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP has confirmed he doesn't know what faster playstyle is multiple times.

No point wasting your time with him.

OP is talking about damage, but asking about faster playstyle.yeah....

No it doesn't, and destro isn't even viable in bfa right now. Aint nobody playing destro. But let's just say you actually are, well you're squishy as fuck and I'm not, and you have far less mobility than I do, and you actually have to get that cast off without me spell reflecting it. GLWT.
    This guy for real?
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    fast playstyle != how long it takes to kill a mob

Fury is faster than Arms.
    Where's your avatar from btw? Looks awesome!

----------------------------------------------------------

OT: I don't really know what's going on here, I feel convinced by those saying Fury presses more buttons in same time-frame over Arms.

All's I know is this discussion has made me want to finally make a Warrior in WoW, due to how it sounds fun to play in BFA.

Why should we, you've already made up your mind. That's like telling the wind not to blow, or the Rain to not be wet.

Tell you what, I'll give a crap AFTER numbers have been tuned.

Right now it comes down to fun and Fury is more fun and frenetic than Arms.

If you like holding out GCDs, then Arms will be more fun for you.

OP is being purposefully obtuse. What is the point of this thread? We get it, you don't agree with what most people consider to be a "fast" playstyle.

This thread made me lul.

*begin repeat loop*

OP: Dafuq I kill stuff faster as Arms why ppl say Fury is "faster"?
    Replies: They say "faster" because you push more buttons in the same amount of time.
    OP: That's not how I define "faster".
    Replies: Ok, sorry your definition is different than practically everyone else's (including everyone that says fury is "faster").
    OP: But why are people saying it is "faster" then???

*end repeat loop*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    Where's your avatar from btw? Looks awesome!

----------------------------------------------------------

OT: I don't really know what's going on here, I feel convinced by those saying Fury presses more buttons in same time-frame over Arms.

All's I know is this discussion has made me want to finally make a Warrior in WoW, due to how it sounds fun to play in BFA.
    Random fan coloring of Guts in his armor from Berserk.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    OP is being purposefully obtuse. What is the point of this thread? We get it, you don't agree with what most people consider to be a "fast" playstyle.
    The problem is that the logic behind the disagreement is just stupid as fuck. How fast a mob dies doesn't dictate how fast the playstyle of a spec is.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

7+ Year Old Account
    if you want to kill something quicker than other specs mean you want to be more powerful not more faster at all

you could be faster and do no damage, you can hit me faster and cause less damage than one precisely and strong hit