Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sathus View Post
    Traits in azurite gear will be random for shit gear. Raid items are preset and made by people.
    Prepare to be really, really disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post

The story of MoP and WoD wasn't ignored, they were the foundation for Legion...
    Not really, some major stuff had to come over because that's the driving force behind the main story, but... Pandas have been borderline retcon'd from the story, Draenor was a boring expansion where the events had no effect on the real Wow universe. Nazi Yrel looks to be getting an Allied Race introduction worth of effort. It was a "dream episode" of an expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercane View Post
    Prepare to be really, really disappointed.
    I don't care about that. I am a mythic raider, gear is only a tool to kill a boss, having BiS was never a requirement to kill a boss

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorfadin View Post
    not gonna lie they are making such a big deal of the pvp on or off feature, which tbh, very few care about.
    It is more a case of no longer having singular PVE/PVP servers now..

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Not really, some major stuff had to come over because that's the driving force behind the main story, but... Pandas have been borderline retcon'd from the story, Draenor was a boring expansion where the events had no effect on the real Wow universe. Nazi Yrel looks to be getting an Allied Race introduction worth of effort. It was a "dream episode" of an expansion.
    Erm.... WoD Gul'dan was the sole reason we even got Legion

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Erm.... WoD Gul'dan was the sole reason we even got Legion
    That could have been accomplished in any number of ways. And out of a whole world of characters, they decided that bringing back a mess of good fleshed out characters was a better choice than introducing new ones or developing existing. It's not good for the story, as cool as I thought Gul'dan was, our Gul'dan had already been there and done that.
    And like I said, everything else that happened was pointless and unneeded. It was a dream episode.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    That could have been accomplished in any number of ways. And out of a whole world of characters, they decided that bringing back a mess of good fleshed out characters was a better choice than introducing new ones or developing existing. It's not good for the story, as cool as I thought Gul'dan was, our Gul'dan had already been there and done that.
    And like I said, everything else that happened was pointless and unneeded. It was a dream episode.
    Doesn't matter at all though, that's pure "shoulda, woulda, coulda". And no, our Gul'dan never did what WoD Gul'dan did. If he had, Warcraft 2 would have ended quite differently

Doesn't matter at all though, that's pure "shoulda, woulda, coulda". And no, our Gul'dan never did what WoD Gul'dan did. If he had, Warcraft 2 would have ended quite differently
    Not saying our Gul'dan did exactly the same things, just saying he was entirely capable of it, both characters are pretty identical in outcome, even if they retconned the starting story.

Doesn't matter, WoD story is meaningless outside of Gul'dan AU, even though he was meaningless too. Going forward it all won't matter anyway.
    You are purposely being obtuse, even though you continue to make my point for me.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's cool. I've really been enjoying the beta tbh.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Not saying our Gul'dan did exactly the same things, just saying he was entirely capable of it, both characters are pretty identical in outcome, even if they retconned the starting story.

Doesn't matter, WoD story is meaningless outside of Gul'dan AU, even though he was meaningless too. Going forward it all won't matter anyway.
    You are purposely being obtuse, even though you continue to make my point for me.
    "Won't have any matter?" If Archimonde hadn't send Gul'dan to Azeroth to open the Tomb of Sargeras, we wouldn't have had Sylvanas as a Warchief, or Sargeras impaling Azeroth. Basically the two key happenings that led to BfA.

Your face is underwhelming.

Too bad legion was actually a good expansion
    When someone says that women can not join a raid there's only one question left.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    They raid without healers?

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Azerite armor system isn’t even remotely random. All the traits are pre set, you can farm specific pieces with the traits you want.

That’s a pretty big piece of info to mess up. Are you even playing the beta? Doesn’t sound like it.

I dislike artifact weapons and azerite armor in general because blizzard is using these systems to “fix” classes. They specifically said azerite armor will fix gaps in rotations. This is a really dangerous and ridiculous way of using the azerite system as classes should have what they need baseline and the traits should be extra but that wasn’t the intent, however that clearly believe short and now some classes are stuck in an awkward, slow and unsynergized state. Azerite armor should just be a system that increases player power over time, not something that fixes a class.
    Actually in your response you stated loud and clear one of the bigget flaws of BfA, while gear makes the player more powerful, azerite armor completes the class, you´re stuck trying to get something that makes your char be able to be work properly and without it you´re handicapped, to top it off you have zero control over how and when to get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Welcome to the Alliance, faction of compromises and unfulfilled desires. Want Vrykul? Here is compromise in form of kul tiran half giants we never heard of. Wanna High elves? Here is compromise in form of void elves we never heard of. Wanna broken draenei? awww fuck it
    About ganking ("world pvp") being dead now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Maybe you could wear a mask and push over little kids while they walk home from school instead?

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Except this is the case:

Legion class design is fucking awful. Artifact + Legendaries fixes the awful parts of most specs designs.

BfA class design is fucking awful. Some Artifact/Legendary aspects are shoved into existing talent rows forcing you to give up something else in return. Leaving gaping holes all throughout your spec. Azerite DOES NOT fix the flaws.

This is the big difference.

BfA is even worse than Legion in this regard.
    I guess this is what Blizzard refers to when they say iteration is the process they use. Why would they use to make something that´s bad even worse is beyond me.

There are many thing that can be debated whether they are right or wrong like focus on faction war, focus on pvp, terrible lore, but I think class desing is where everyone will agree they completely screwed up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Welcome to the Alliance, faction of compromises and unfulfilled desires. Want Vrykul? Here is compromise in form of kul tiran half giants we never heard of. Wanna High elves? Here is compromise in form of void elves we never heard of. Wanna broken draenei? awww fuck it
    About ganking ("world pvp") being dead now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Maybe you could wear a mask and push over little kids while they walk home from school instead?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    ive got bfa beta for about 3 weeks now and i play it as much as i used to play legion after argus - 1-2 hrs a week at best. i just dont wanna do it because i dont find it fun

bfa overall is so unexciting its outrageous:
    - no new talents or spells/abilities u could look forward to at 110+
    I could agree, but then .. overhaul to STUN's is a + at least from PvP Perspective.
    - azerite armor is a bad concept which is just netherlight crucible 2.0 with totally random perks unlike artifacts (u knew exactly what u are getting and several perks, even minor ones sometimes, were making a gamechanging difference for a class)
    Yes, well. Legion was all about gettin enough ppl hate Bonus sets so that they could effectively take em away, which makes it a) easier for them to optimize classes * we will see if there will be huge diff. in numbers between the classes anyway, if there will during raiding tiers, they would fail mis.
    b) Its essentially makin as much abilities as possible passive. Reducing overall amount of skills? Xbox/Playstation World of Warcraft commin?

- legion legendaries are gone, which again were making huge difference in playstyle and talent choice
    Well, can't agree with that. Makes no sense in a progression-lead mmorpg to have such a huge RNG. If you think about it, there were classes which were utterly useless w/o prop legends. Im talking Legion Legs system from the start, it was fixd later with higher chance/essences. At the very launch however, on some specs were u to get useless legs - you would massively underperform. Thatd be fine, except it wasnt for those affected regardless of the time spent.

however we again get a continuation of a facebook minigame in form of follower missions which are literally the same since wod 4 years ago

last blizzcon when bfa was announced i already had the feeling bfa might be another filler expansion but it was still plenty of time for things to add/change
    unfortunately upcoming expansion looks bad to me and im not as excited for it as i was for legion
    I wouldnt say Filler exp, as much as game gets more and more casual. Were headin towards 1-5 major spells for every class, pretty much with 2-4 other GCD 1-5min. Azurite (set bonuses... eff) going passive...

- No raid management, so guild become more and more useless in a sense. Coz of the shift towards PL even on mythic(unless its changed) it takes a way a big chump of what makes a bread and butter of a raiding guild...

- Circles (effectively, a substitute for many heroic guild - again, makes sense if u want to have a quality pug runs - but we have that already via Discord channels, so dunno, more of a subst for heroic guild, mby even mythic guilds later on, we'll see)

- Easier wow-progression, (world quest contracts) - so u do what u wanna do
    - Removal of First aid - essentialy, confirming the uselessness of proff (just a confirmation, its eff uss since Cata)
    Easier and easier to do other stuff (Legacy raidinng, most likely will mean gettin old tmogs eff. faster n easier)

So i sups WoW going consoles, coz thats where the money is?

Well, I dont blame Blizz. They have to make money somehow. I also recall a blue post, that basically confirmed that only about 2% of pop in wow is hardcore, the rest is very much casual, or at best semi-hardcore (3 raids a week, mediocre mythic progression - but really more of a heroic guild + +)

I mean, just 1 more step and i think with a bit of a change to camera/combat system, game could be transf to xbox/ps4 (at least from a game perspepective, im not IT guy, so not sure about the technical aspect of it), but yeah i mean if Black Desert is going consoles, FF 14 is there already, yeah why not.
    Last edited by mmoc6e15011d1f; 2018-07-04 at 05:25 AM.

I'm sorry guys, altough WoW is 14+ years old, we still managed to make classes useless and not fun. - Blizzard

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold of Skullcrusher View Post
    Almost like copy/paste from other "BFA sucks" threads... If you have some good ideas how to actually improve the game, go to the official forums and suggest it there, dont make another of these good for nothing threads please...
    Exactly this. I wish the mods would spend less time banning people for calling other people "mean names" and start deleting these shit posts whenever they popped up
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

At this point I just hope BfA will have two content patches instead of three so we can move on to the next expansion quite fast, maybe as soon as Q1/20.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Deleted
    This forum is the biggest negativity circlejerk that I've seen about this expansion. Yikes

Quote Originally Posted by sheetka View Post
    This forum is the biggest negativity circlejerk that I've seen about this expansion. Yikes
    Except the official forums and reddit and... ... ...
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again