Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vkpush View Post
    So like.. Literally 99% of the artifact weapons people have been crying about missing? And keep in mind that you've mostly seen the levling traits. We don't know what the traits from the raid will be.

And even the levling traits brings some QoL changes. Seems like you two are the ones "parroting the usual nonsense" here.
    Raid traits have been out for a week. They can even be purchased and tested on the PvP 120 realm right now.

Spoiler alert: They're the same as the dungeon traits, aka boring af.

Everyone proclaiming 'the raid traits will be better' will be sorely disappointed to find out they in fact aren't really better at all.

Quote Originally Posted by salvadorbard View Post
    Raid traits have been out for a week. They can even be purchased and tested on the PvP 120 realm right now.

Everyone proclaiming 'the raid traits will be better' will be sorely disappointed to find out they in fact aren't really better at all.
    The current available BfA traits are pretty much equal to Legion Tier bonuses and Legos. Not sure what exactly you were expecting them to do....

Demonology Lock is probably the most enjoyable spec I’ve played so far in the beta, and I’ve tried a lot of them. Might end up switching my main from mage to warlock in BFA just because of how fun Demo is.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I do wonder though if scripts will be able to tell you which effect has come off cooldown; e.g. if you can get a weakaura to tell you that Pheromone Bomb is up in X seconds so you know if you should delay KC or Volatile Bomb is next so you can apply Serpent Sting on multiple targets and/or not reapply it since the Bomb will refresh it.
    Thats not really necessery since all of the three different effects have different symbols and you can find out which one is active (in case you don't know it by symbol) by just checking it out with the mouse it is described over the skill symbol.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    Stop spewing this bullshit already. You can see every single trait on uldir gear from journal.
    Which are exactly the same as m+ azerite traits. Might still be placeholders as far as we know.

Arms, Survival, Windwalker would be my top 3.

"Raid traits", those are exactly the same as the ones in m+. We don't know if that's going to be the actual azerite traits from Uldir yet.

Deleted

Maybe it's too much optimism, but Uldir is the equivalent of Emerald Nightmare, Highmaul and Mogushan, the entry raids that had no tier sets, therefore I kinda hope that's the reason why the trats are rather boring and the interesting stuff comes with the second raid... also I kinda can imagine that they copy their system from Diablo 3 (it's not like they haven't done that before, lol) where you can cube up to 3 items and regain one of their Azerite Powers so if a new tier set kicks in and new Azerite gear people can choose traits from the gear of all the other sources (including leveling stuff) to choose some extra traits...

Quote Originally Posted by Gekai View Post
    Maybe it's too much optimism, but Uldir is the equivalent of Emerald Nightmare, Highmaul and Mogushan, the entry raids that had no tier sets, therefore I kinda hope that's the reason why the trats are rather boring and the interesting stuff comes with the second raid... also I kinda can imagine that they copy their system from Diablo 3 (it's not like they haven't done that before, lol) where you can cube up to 3 items and regain one of their Azerite Powers so if a new tier set kicks in and new Azerite gear people can choose traits from the gear of all the other sources (including leveling stuff) to choose some extra traits...
    I think it's an interesting system. You will always try to keep items that cover all the better Azerite traits so you can swap around. Some azerite traits fit some bosses better, and since azerite armor can't WF/TF they are easier to farm.

Like i've seen people sit with 4 different chests/helms/shoulders in their bag because they have 4 different azerite traits that complement certain playstyles better than other (ST vs AoE traits etc). It's certainly more customization than just equipping X tier set.

Quote Originally Posted by Gekai View Post
    I think people are misunderstanding azerite traits. If you really look at them, they are equivalent to the artifact traits + tier bonuses + legos. They have as much impact to game play as any of those did.

Most specs feel pretty solid at this point, with some exceptions:

Shadow - While it's not terrible, we lost a LOT of what makes the spec fun in Legion end-game. The loss of so much haste makes most specs feel like wading through molasses, but Shadow feels it the most, particularly because the haste bonus we get per stack of Void Form has been halved. Chances are if you didn't play Shadow at end game in Legion, you'll probably not have any problems with it in BFA. I copied my current priest over and at high haste values, it honestly doesn't feel as bad as a lot of people are saying, but the big problem is it's going to be a LONG time before we can reach the same levels of haste, if ever, in BfA.

Frost Mage - Always has been boring to me, and BFA doesn't do anything to change that. If you like Frost now, you'll like Frost in BfA too.

Balance - Adding New Moon back as a talent helps, but with double the cooldown makes it a little ugh. Also, I find Balance very fun with the Moon Moon legendary cloak, and not having that effect plus the doubling of the recharge time on New Moon is just too much fun lost.

Ranged Hunter Specs - Marks feels better than it does on live, but both Marks and BM are still boring to me.

Beyond that, everything else except tanks feels fine. I just can't speak for tanks because I don't generally play them. Oh, and Holy Paladin still feels like ass, but if you like them now you probably won't have any problems with them in BfA.

Both Windwalker and Havoc are very polarizing. Half the people that play them say they feel worse than in BfA, the other half think BfA's changes are an improvement. I love Windwalker, but I haven't given Havoc much attention because I just don't care much for DH.

All healers are pretty solid (barring what I've already said about Holy Paladin). Discipline and Mistweaver are both big improvements, and Kickweaving feels great. Resto Shaman, Resto Druid and Holy Priest are all pretty much exactly what you've come to expect from them.

Elemental Shaman is definitely an improvement over live. Enhancement still feels like Enhancement, and the only reason to hate on Enhancement is if you don't like the RNG, proccy nature of it.

Survival is vastly improved.

Both DPS Warriors feel great to play.

All three Rogues are solid.

All three Warlocks feel incredible, and I plan on maining Warlock, at least at the start of BfA, and honestly having trouble choosing a spec.

Unholy got one minor change that makes it fantastic, addressing literally the only complaint I had with Legion Unholy - Epidemic is now an AoE RP dump.

I think that just about covers all my opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Deleted
    "Raid traits", those are exactly the same as the ones in m+. We don't know if that's going to be the actual azerite traits from Uldir yet.

This is what always happens though. You say 'we haven't seen them', I say 'here they are', then you say we don't know if that's them.

These traits / pieces have the Uldir specific themed traits on them by the way, pretty sure that's a good sign of them being, you know, the raid pieces.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm liking Balance after they did some fixing. It's not perfect by any means but there's more situational triggers that help in various situations, like Wrath gaining splash damage when empowered. Moon spells coming back even if as a talent was really needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    Shadow - While it's not terrible, we lost a LOT of what makes the spec fun in Legion end-game. The loss of so much haste makes most specs feel like wading through molasses, but Shadow feels it the most, particularly because the haste bonus we get per stack of Void Form has been halved. Chances are if you didn't play Shadow at end game in Legion, you'll probably not have any problems with it in BFA. I copied my current priest over and at high haste values, it honestly doesn't feel as bad as a lot of people are saying, but the big problem is it's going to be a LONG time before we can reach the same levels of haste, if ever, in BfA..
    So, if they pump up the haste bonus for Voidform, then shadow would be relatively fixed? Just curious. I play shadow in Legion, and have not tried the beta yet. Shadow was pretty horrible until I could get a decent amount of haste - sounds like BfA is similar?

This is what always happens though. You say 'we haven't seen them', I say 'here they are', then you say we don't know if that's them.

These traits / pieces have the Uldir specific themed traits on them by the way, pretty sure that's a good sign of them being, you know, the raid pieces.
    I don't mind, the Havoc m+ azerite traits are really good so i'd be fine with that. We need to be reminded that some set bonuses in the past has legit been extremely bland. Why would anyone expect azerite traits to be some godlike saviour of fun? They still enhance gameplay, that's whats important. And you can play around with it, using 2/3 of one specific, 1/3 if you prefer that etc.

Some people only see negatives and refuse to see potential.

Deleted
    I don't mind, the Havoc m+ azerite traits are really good so i'd be fine with that. We need to be reminded that some set bonuses in the past has legit been extremely bland. Why would anyone expect azerite traits to be some godlike saviour of fun? They still enhance gameplay, that's whats important. And you can play around with it, using 2/3 of one specific, 1/3 if you prefer that etc.

Some people only see negatives and refuse to see potential.
    The issue (as has been stated countless times now) is that Blizzard themselves advertised this as a headlining feature of BfA - THE replacement to legendary items, set bonuses, and artifacts. Some of the traits are pretty sweet, sure, but those are the exceptions rather than the rule which as much as I wish wasn't the case, unfortunately is.

I really like Survival now with the ability to truly engage at range while running/harpooning in.

Quote Originally Posted by That guy maybe View Post
    For some specs Azerite gear has a massive impact. For Blood DK you can get the trait that gives you extra Boneshield stacks again, which makes the spec not feel like a constant battle to keep stacks, and actually enjoyable.
    But that's attached to a specific piece of gear that you'll be replacing soon(ish), yes?
    I never pictured those traits as something that can be counted on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    But that's attached to a specific piece of gear that you'll be replacing soon(ish), yes?
    I never pictured those traits as something that can be counted on.
    Since it's on m+ gear it might be around forever. One trait can be placed on 10+ items (different slots as well).

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I have Beta access, but I'm too much of a cuck to try out HPal - does the Holy Paladin exist in BfA, or am I just taking the L next expac