View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    this is why i voted to leave.

the eu expects the UK to surrender it's sovereignty, defence and security to unelected bureaucrats who don't give one iota of care to british people. the eu has NEVER liked britain lol. fuck off. it was always going to be like this. the UK was the only pillar of the eu standing in it's way to achieving an 'eu army' et al, so we were either going to be forced into it or kicked out of the eu.

we decided to leave with our heads held high.
    Oh look, another chapter in the excelled novel "Retarded Reasons I Voted for Brexit: A Floopa story".

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    You can't deny that a lot of the EU is run by civil servants (or the EU equivalent) and bureaucracy. It's just laughable that people think the UK is any different.
    I don't deny that. No democracy could ever function without them though there needs to be something that doesn't rely of whims of the people to get some part of the stuff done. UK is no different at all, I'd bet the UK the civil service have more power though mostly due to how long the civil service here has decades on decades of practice being Sir Humphreys.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    perhaps Theresa wants to sell that at the last moment ?
    "So sorry, i have tried, but Brexit is not possible in our way. To save our most glorious britain i will have to cancel it".
    She will likely have to abandon office after that, but who is so silly to pick up that poisoned project again ?
    That would be pretty funny, "hey I picked up this poisoned chalice and drank the poison out of it and now I'm poisoned for some reason. So who's next?".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Oh look, another chapter in the excelled novel "Retarded Reasons I Voted for Brexit: A Floopa story".
    Has a happy ending in the new house in France though.

- - - Updated - - -

if you think the eu has ever cared about Britain's population you are delusional quite frankly.

the eu only ever cared about Britain's contribution (ie: money).
    So uh, how come they vetoed Britain's application twice? Britain had to beg its way into the EU.

Almost as if... there was some kind of reason they wanted to be in. Like... they got something out of it. Hmmm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    What more could we do. We told them all this was happening and they laughed it off. What else could we have done seriously? Force them into the booths at gunpoint to the point they vote remain?
    I'm afraid the damage has been done much earlier. They're feeling left out, cheated and exploited. That's why they're acting up like this today. Merely explaining the logic to them isn't going to help, because they are already distrusting. The damage was done 10 years ago, or maybe longer even. And they are probably justified in that they feel a loss of control over what's going on. Democracy in the western world hasn't exactly been a shining example of "listen to your people". In that they are right. Of course, many things shouldn't be listened to. But if you disregard the public opinion, you'd better take the time and explain why you do it. And that hasn't happened a lot lately.

So now they're going all transparency and shit, guess what the EU has been transparent longer than any national Government. But their PR department is either non-existant or really, really shit. People had to look for information themselves. And that enables Governments like the UK one to talk shit about Brussels. Only recently, after Greece really, did the EU start to go out of their way and slam people talking shit about them. Juncker is hated by many, but what you can't deny is that he has given the EU a voice. So have certain other politicians. We're now witnessing the emergence of actual European top tier politicians that are known throughout Europe.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    That would be pretty funny, "hey I picked up this poisoned chalice and drank the poison out of it and now I'm poisoned for some reason. So who's next?".

- - - Updated - - -

Has a happy ending in the new house in France though.

Not sure what is more funny/sad. Floopa running to France or Farage sprinting to get German passport day after the vote

Deleted
    if you think the eu has ever cared about Britain's population you are delusional quite frankly.

the eu only ever cared about Britain's contribution (ie: money).
    The EU, whether wittingly or otherwise, forced a whole load of social legislation onto Britain decades ago, which to a large extent protected the poor.

Deleted
    Anyone seen the statement yet, soft brexit possible or no brexit.

Farage, Rees-Mogg, Aaron Banks, Boris, Gove, various racists, @dribbles , your boys took a hell of beating.

- - - Updated - - -

and none of the brexiteers are rebelling, hahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    If you want my opinion, the moment it was clear you were heading for a hard Brexit, you should have started protesting and kept protesting until the will of the people was made clear. Sadly the impression most get is that the people in the UK don't give a shit. I mean just look at how many did not even bother to vote.
    There's protests nearly every weekend been to ones close to where I live

Deleted
    so wait the EU can just reject this and no brexit, best plan yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Why would they? There is a possibility that the EU will feel that the proposal does not go far enough and reject it increasing the likelihood of the hard Brexit the Brexiteers desire and one of the things agreed today is that preparations for leaving without a deal will be stepped up.

Deleted
    Tory government will surely collapse soon.

Anyone seen the statement yet, soft brexit possible or no brexit.

Farage, Rees-Mogg, Aaron Banks, Boris, Gove, various racists, @dribbles , your boys took a hell of beating.

- - - Updated - - -

They aren't rebelling because they don't want Brexit or rather, they know that the Brexit they pushed for is impossible.
    Remember kiddies, hope was the last evil in Pandora's box.

Quote Originally Posted by Triks View Post
    They aren't rebelling because they don't want Brexit or rather, they know that the Brexit they pushed for is impossible.
    No, it's not. They are hoping the EU will reject May's proposal forcing the Brexit they have been pushing for - no deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    No, it's not. They are hoping the EU will reject May's proposal forcing the Brexit they have been pushing for - no deal.
    Let's be clear on something, this was never going to happen. This is not just about donor money or whatever, an absolute clean break would have meant that the UK had to restructure itself for the next 20 years. No politician wants that sort of responsibility, not least while in government.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here lies David St. Hubbins, and why not?
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...rexit-showdown

I'm sad to see no actual S&M paraphernalia.

Theresa, in leather boots, cracking the whip would have made a much better photo op.

However, critically:

New customs deal
    The government statement puts forward the idea of the so-called facilitated customs arrangement, May’s new attempt at a compromise system that could be acceptable to her cabinet Brexiters and to Brussels.

New customs deal
    The government statement puts forward the idea of the so-called facilitated customs arrangement, May’s new attempt at a compromise system that could be acceptable to her cabinet Brexiters and to Brussels.

This would see the UK and EU avoid hard borders by being treated as a “combined customs territory”. Under this, the UK would apply domestic tariffs and trade policies for goods intended for the UK, and their EU equivalents for goods heading into the EU.

This would, the document says, let a post-Brexit UK set its own tariffs for trade with the rest of the world without causing border disruption. The statement says the new arrangements would prevent a hard Irish border, ensuring the “backstop” elements of the initial withdrawal agreement would not be needed.

In other words - a fudge?
    Last edited by Nigel Tufnel; 2018-07-06 at 09:01 PM.

I don't think they've been given their phones back, right? Once they do, expect the scheming and posturing to start.

Let's be clear on something, this was never going to happen. This is not just about donor money or whatever, an absolute clean break would have meant that the UK had to restructure itself for the next 20 years. No politician wants that sort of responsibility, not least while in government.
    Really? Oh well I'm glad you cleared that one up then. I guess the last 2 years was just a dream.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    In other words - a fudge?
    I would wait and see. It is probably good enough to get through parliament but it seems a bit too wishy-washy for the EU. I would say that there is a greater than 50-50 chance that this will be a good enough starting point for the EU team to move things along (if not then what exactly was May discussing with Merkle?) and we are looking at BINO.

If not we are looking at Rees-Mogg's vision of Brexit. Shudder

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Really? Oh well I'm glad you cleared that one up then. I guess the last 2 years was just a dream.
    Dogma aside, if there was no agreement, after a two year transition the UK would have had to start from the literal zero. No trade agreements in place, no WTO membership, no anything. Every sane company would have relocated during the transition.

Dogma aside, if there was no agreement, after a two year transition the UK would have had to start from the literal zero. No trade agreements in place, no WTO membership, no anything. Every sane company would have relocated during the transition.
    The UK is a member of the WTO but thanks.

Deleted
    'During the EU ref. campaign collective responsibility on EU policy was temp. suspended. As we developed our policy I have allowed members of cabinet to express thier individual views. Agreement on this proposal marks the point where that is no longer the case and collective responsibility is now fully restored.

Brexiteers getting coup'd.

Lets see who quits.