Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by glowzone View Post
    Geez, don't be such a dramaqueen.
    Sure, right after people stop posting selfish nonsense like "these items don't feel valuable because other people have them".

Other than extreme completionism, I don't see why you'd need -all- the mage tower skins... If you'll never play x class or spec, what's the point? You won't actually be using the skin anyway...

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Bull. Shit.
    You do realise that a response like this simply tells me you haven't bothered to think about what I said....

That's like saying no one would ever do Xmog runs, or level new characters, or finally get around to leveling up fishing, or literally ANY other activity in WoW.
    No, it's nothing like those things.

The mage challenges are designed to challenge players. I mean, sure they could leave the challenge as is so that people can come back in an expansion or two and steamroll the challenges for the appearances. But what would be the point? You yourelf even acknowledge that they should "They should scale it up, rebalance it" for the new content if they want to keep them.

So trying to compare this to Transmog runs, levelling up new characters and doing fishing very much fits the criteria of being a false equivalence fallacy. If you want to make a comparison to other content, here are a few decent analogies:

Ahead of the Curve
    Cutting Edge
    Violet Spellwing

It's human nature to procrastinate and unless you give people a fixed deadline, a lot people will simply procrastinate indefinitely, especially when it comes to doing difficult things.

The fact that there is this sudden, mad rush by everyone to do as many challenges as possible proves this. People have had a year to do this, yet most of us are leaving it to the last minute. You pointedly ignored my question last time I asked it, but do you honestly believe that most of the people doing the challenge would have done it this expansion if not for the fact that it is going away? Not a chance.

So go away with you asinine "Bull. Shit" response and stop to apply a bit of critical thinking on the matter. Thanks.

meh i only picked the ones i found cool. 20 in total:
    arcane, fire, frost mage.
    elemental, enha shaman.
    affli, destro warlock.
    BM, MM hunter.
    Assas Rogue.
    Retri Pala.
    Feral ( this one is piss easy to do at 918 ilvl with no feral leggies), Balance Druid
    Frost, Unholy DK.
    WW Monk.
    Fury Warrior.
    Shadow, Disc Priest.
    Havoc DH.
    i never tank or heal so i wasnt interested in them.
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

I'm in the same boat my dude. I don't care about the vast majority of the challenge skins, but the 4 i actually want are all tank skins, and i fucking suck at the tank challenge. I could live with missing out on the dk, pala, and warrior skins, but i really, really want the druid skin, so that's where i'm putting all of my effort now. I really hope i'll get it done in time.
    Now if the tank challenge actually was a tank challenge and not a stupidly designed dps race, i'd probably already be finished...

Quote Originally Posted by vkpush View Post
    I did the spriest one without s2m and was like, how the fuck am i supposed to do this. But managed to scramble it in the end, was fun though.

Marksman is way easier than shadow priest one, so i think you'll have no issues with that if you managed to get spriest down.

Frost mage the same, just make sure you use blizzard on CD and frozen orb on CD as it gives a ton of single target dmg as well as killing the mini adds.

Death from Above is a snare and is enough to kill 1 of the adds instantly, the others you should be able to finish off with Shuriken Storm + Evis.
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    I've never played Frost spec before doing the challange and I struggled until I realised I can just throw frozen orb into the pack of those little adds and spam ice lance so much that it resets the cd on orb. Once I realised how strong it is, I finished it with ease.
    thanks guys for the tips!

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    Because of the mage tower challenges, i hope the prepatch could come as late as possible... not doing anything else right now in WoW... ill even leave the heritage leveling for the prepatch.

I think this feeling is shared by other people as well, no?

Im 19/36, missing 6 dps challenges (i have already beaten all 5 dps bosses at least twice) and all tank and healing ones. Im planning to start the tank ones next week and finish with the healers at the end, if there is time for it.

I think the pre patch is coming on the 17th... but i wish we had one more week, to complete our missing challenges!
    Yea, the last year wasn't enough.

Got it, let's delay the prepatch and the expansion so you can catch up, seems fine. /s

Absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    I'm in the same boat my dude. I don't care about the vast majority of the challenge skins, but the 4 i actually want are all tank skins, and i fucking suck at the tank challenge. I could live with missing out on the dk, pala, and warrior skins, but i really, really want the druid skin, so that's where i'm putting all of my effort now. I really hope i'll get it done in time.
    Now if the tank challenge actually was a tank challenge and not a stupidly designed dps race, i'd probably already be finished...
    I only cared about ONE skin - prot pally. Couldn't agree with your gripe more; an actual /tank/ challenge it was not. Finally got it yesterday though.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    You've had plenty of time, sorry, it's the 17th.
    Damn, is pre-patch the 17th? I was hoping for the 10th.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    I think that Mage tower rewards are worthless now that they are always open. Rarity drops, making the skins popular as way more people are getting them :/
    O.o

Mage Tower rarity is based on doing the challenge not frequency of the tower being up.

And this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Factually incorrect, complete rates have only gone up like a little over 1%

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, right after people stop posting selfish nonsense like "these items don't feel valuable because other people have them".
    While I would agree with you that arguing for the removal of stuff to keep it rare is somewhat puerile, there is merit in the idea that the value of an achievement/reward is influenced by the difficulty and/or effort involved in earning it. So, I would have to agree that while the accessibility of the rewards has increased dramatically in the last two weeks, the desirability of the rewards has dropped as well.

Personally I felt rather accomplished in having gotten the Marksman appearance before Antorus. Steamrolling through BM and Survival 6 months later with an extra 45 ilevels felt a lot more hollow. Don't get me wrong, getting the appearances is still something nice, it just lacked the same sense of satisfaction. What has still been satisfying at least is getting the appearances on lower geared alts in specs I am not very familiar with. I got my DH Havoc appearance 2 days before the Concordance buff and it took me 2 hours to nail, so it felt great when I finally landed it. Same with both the tanking challenges I got. What was funny (stupid funny tbh) was my Unholy challenge. I have never played unholy, but with 945 ilevel I reckoned it shouldn't be too tough. After close to an hour, and getting Agatha to 7% on my best attempt, I suddenly realised I hadn't activated the Netherlight Crucible. I also hadn't runeforged my weapon. I also hadn't upgraded my relics to the easy 910s you get on the Vindicaar. I nailed the challenge next attempt with ease. In a way I am actually glad that I forgot all those things because it meant I actually had to learn the fight and how to play unholy etc. The final kill itself was, of course, rather anticlimactic after all that.

21/36.

No healers, cause I don’t like healing, no warlock and pal, cause I don’t have them and no dk, cause dk mage tower appearances are ugly imho.

My boyfriend said the same thing this morning... and then "I guess i'll just have to spend time on getting mistweaver done tonight when i get home from work"
    ?????? He don't even play mistweaver -.-

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Today I finished the last one I wanted, Guardian Druid as 930 with no relevant leggos.

In total: All mage/shaman/warlock/rogue/demon hunter ones. Disc/Shadow for priest, Balance/Feral/Guardian for druid.

I guess I could go for ww monk and holy priest, but I doubt I'm ever gonna play the monk, same for priest.

Quote Originally Posted by Aesde View Post
    21/36.

No healers, cause I don’t like healing, no warlock and pal, cause I don’t have them and no dk, cause dk mage tower appearances are ugly imho.
    I agree that DK skins are ugly but frost and unholy are so easy that if you have 920ilvl+ dk then I would just do it for fun, I found them to be the easiest of their respective scenarios out of all specs. Blood is pain the ass though.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Yea, the last year wasn't enough.

Got it, let's delay the prepatch and the expansion so you can catch up, seems fine. /s

Absurd.
    Right... as if Blizzard would actually listen to my single plea.... /roll eyes
    This is a forum, we can post what we feel like. I posted that i wished the prepatch came in 2 weeks.
    Maybe it will, probably it won't. That's blizzard's decision. They will release the prepatch when it is ready.

Can't see how a post like this harms other people...

Quote Originally Posted by Audrenalyn View Post
    My boyfriend said the same thing this morning... and then "I guess i'll just have to spend time on getting mistweaver done tonight when i get home from work"
    ?????? He don't even play mistweaver -.-
    People have this weird idea that they need the skins for every single class just because they exist. Blame Asmongold.

I've done the last 15 challenges i needed within the last week, that includes leveling 2 fresh characters and gearing them a bit. All 15 my characters were between 900-920 iLvl, they're very very easy now.

The hardest/longest part is doing all the stupid artifact questlines to unlock the weapon and the challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    This is a forum, we can post what we feel like.
    Post what you want, just don't expect everyone to agree with you, especially with such an asinine observation. More so, expect criticism.

It works both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by vkpush View Post
    People have this weird idea that they need the skins for every single class just because they exist. Blame Asmongold.
    Absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to complete something that will become unavailable forever within the next 2 weeks, especially when it's so easy. Why does anyone collect anything?? Weird people!

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    just don't expect everyone to agree with you
    Of course. Forums are for that, to debate different ideas, even the ones you don't agree with.
    But posting constructively usually works better than mocking the opinions we don't agree with.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am far from the best tank out there, having only played offspec blood for LFR and dungeons (up to about M+10). With 945 ilevel (and concordance 75) I managed to nail the challenge in about 2 hours. I had never even touched Vengeance DH and I nailed it last night with ilevel 940, and suboptimal legendaries. If I can do it, I have absolute faith that anyone with average tanking ability will manage. Just keep at it. It can be frustrating but you'll definitely improve the more you practice (and having done it on one class makes it easier with the second - I had to learn the spec and had worse gear on my DH and still manage in a similar amount of time).

To be fair, it does take a certain amount of tanking skills to nail this. Using damage reduction cds properly to survive the stacking debuff in P1 is how you're meant to up your dps. You need to interrupt stuff, you need to control a bunch of adds etc. In p2 it's all about the kiting + damage mitigation + add control + situational awareness. The "dps race" is more the way people with lower tanking skills handle it (like me :P)

It's actually what I ended up doing for Blood DK. Popped everything at the start and burned Variss down in 40 seconds using AMS and all my available interrupts to stop mind rend from killing me. Made P2 a lot more manageable because there were 0 infernals.
    Last edited by Raelbo; 2018-07-09 at 12:26 PM.