The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

Azerite's Nature and its Fate.

Well, that thought just hit me.
    Its kinda obvious that Azerite, just like Artifact Power, is the one-addon feature, so it not gonna last for more than BFA.
    We stopped using Artifacts and AP in Legion to cleanse the wound left by Sargeras.

So what are the lore reasons for us to stop using Azerite in our gear?

The answer is simple - Azerite is the conductor for the Old God(s) will. Through it they manipulate us all.
    Im pretty sure by the end of BFA, when we will fight the Final Boss of this expansion, we gonna destroy all azerite power we gathered to free themselves from the Old God(s) influence.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    Well, that thought just hit me.
    Its kinda obvious that Azerite, just like Artifact Power, is the one-addon feature, so it not gonna last for more than BFA.
    We stopped using Artifacts and AP in Legion to cleanse the wound left by Sargeras.

The answer is simple - Azerite is the conductor for the Old God(s) will. Through it they manipulate us all.
    Im pretty sure by the end of BFA, when we will fight the Final Boss of this expansion, we gonna destroy all azerite power we gathered to free themselves from the Old God(s) influence.
    Or that further mining of it will be prevented by the healing of hte wound. Perhaps we will use the power of the azerite to heal the wound itself.

It's blood. We give a blood transfusion at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    We already know the answer, though. It's already been said that Azerite is crystallized blood of Azeroth, and we are going to drain Azerite into our Heart of Azeroth in order to use that power to heal the world soul. That's the reason we are going to stop using Azerite: we will be draining all existing Azerite into our Heart, and after the wounds are healed, there won't be any new Azerite popping up.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Or that further mining of it will be prevented by the healing of hte wound. Perhaps we will use the power of the azerite to heal the wound itself.
    You are right. Just a minor addition, it's not just "perhaps", we will. Some of the quests where we use Azerite to heal the wound are already datamined on beta.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2018-07-12 at 03:12 PM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    It's blood. We give a blood transfusion at the end.
    ^This.

When you get the Heart of Azeroth from Magni, you collect some Azerite in a titan chamber that has been destabilized and use the Azerite you absorbed to repair the chamber, thus helping to heal Azeroth.

We sacrifice our Artifact Weapons at the beginning of the expansion to stop the sword from harming Azeroth more than it has, and at the end of the expansion we'll sacrifice the Heart of Azeroth to save Azeroth.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    We already know the answer, though. It's already been said that Azerite is crystallized blood of Azeroth, and we are going to drain Azerite into our Heart of Azeroth in order to use that power to heal the world soul. That's the reason we are going to stop using Azerite: we will be draining all existing Azerite into our Heart, and after the wounds are healed, there won't be any new Azerite popping up.

You are right. Just a minor addition, it's not just "perhaps", we will. Some of the quests where we use Azerite to heal the wound are already datamined on beta.
    Damn I’m good!

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Damn I’m good!
    Good job, Noomz. May you and your loli anime succubus live long and prosper.

probably gonna be something stupid like a peace treaty or all of it becomes corrupted
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Since it's artifact power 2.0, is it really hard to imagine they'll drain it at the end like they're blowing up our weapons? It will likely with some equally rushed half-assed explanation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Good job, Noomz. May you and your loli anime succubus live long and prosper.
    She'll get some extra ice cream.

What I don't get is: Azerite is powerful arcane crystals, yes? We have several races very experienced in arcane crystals(draenei, blood elves, nightborne). Why are we letting gnomes and goblins handle all the Azerite related fuckery? All they're doing with it is building shitty tanks that Anduin can jump on top of and stab with minimal effort.

Or is the game saying that the standard arcane crystals that the draenei grow are better than Azerite since the draenei built a spaceship out of their normal crystals. If so, why do we even give a shit about Azerite? It's done nothing notable.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    What I don't get is: Azerite is powerful arcane crystals, yes? We have several races very experienced in arcane crystals(draenei, blood elves, nightborne). Why are we letting gnomes and goblins handle all the Azerite related fuckery? All they're doing with it is building shitty tanks that Anduin can jump on top of and stab with minimal effort.

Or is the game saying that the standard arcane crystals that the draenei grow are better than Azerite since the draenei built a spaceship out of their normal crystals. If so, why do we even give a shit about Azerite? It's done nothing notable.
    comparing azurite to arcane crystals is like comparing melted chocolate to petrol. they're both crystals (or dark coloured gloopy liquids) but that's about it. very different uses, it's not that one is better or worse than the other

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    comparing azurite to arcane crystals is like comparing melted chocolate to petrol. they're both crystals (or dark coloured gloopy liquids) but that's about it. very different uses, it's not that one is better or worse than the other
    Azeroth's blood is arcane. Azerite is crystalized blood. Therefore Azerite is arcane crystals. Who knows how powerful Azerite is, but we may never know if we only let gnomes and goblins build shitty tanks with the stuff instead of giving it to races who have actual knowledge on how to use arcane crystals.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Azeroth's blood is arcane. Azerite is crystalized blood. Therefore Azerite is arcane crystals. Who knows how powerful Azerite is, but we may never know if we only let gnomes and goblins build shitty tanks with the stuff instead of giving it to races who have actual knowledge on how to use arcane crystals.
    We can let them play with it if it means a goblin/gnome mech-riding tinker hero class with 9.0 once a certain couple from “before the storm” unites what the goblins learn with what the gnomes learn!

I feel like the supply of Azerite is going to dry up by the source of it leaving the station. "Hatching", if you will. Whether that's as a big ally or a final boss is yet to be seen.