Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Man makes statement he regrets making about 'the state of dating today'. Such a dull story really considering the wild ride of bizarre responses. I might be crazy but some of you blokes are sociopaths.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    That explains the trap fetish.
    Shhhh, don't tell anyone that I like weird shit.

Gosh!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czTNCiF6TWw
    Last edited by Usagi Senshi; 2018-07-13 at 07:13 AM.

Dating seems too complicated. Probably never going to try it.. Fuck it. what's the point.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2018-07-13 at 07:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Yeah it shouldn't be that way but with how things are now, the old adage "innocent till proven guilty" means squat.. Now it is a case of "guilty till proven innocent but still guilty anyway.."

Because these days the court of public opinion, the internet and so on have power to ruin, wreck and destroy someone for pretty much anything..
    Then don’t bow to it and give it that kind of power. It’s alright to be biased and human and have our opinions. Just do your best to separate the two.

Keep in mind people talk about growing a thick skin which I do think is bullshit, but if you are going to feel a way put it in perspective. You made a prudent argument one I agree with and it didn’t require nonsense to do it.

I agree people are stupid we all choose to be biased and there should be measures to live up to the better by all. Protect those that come forward but also those accused.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Dating seems too complicated. Probably never going to try it.. Fuck it. what's the point.
    here's the point:
    if you're the kind of idiot who thinks that finding someone attractive obligates them to fuck you, and who thinks that interpersonal relationships are predicated entirely on what YOU want and whether they like it or not is simply a matter of how much effort you're willing to put into brow-beating them into submission, then you could very well run into a problem because certain segments of the female population have decided that after putting up with this shit for the last *ever* they're going to... not do that anymore, and assert their personal autonomy.

if you're the kind of person who treats interpersonal relationships and sex as a thing that two people are interested in doing together and actually put some effort into figuring out how to make it a mutually beneficial experience (instead of focusing all your energy on 'looks' or 'status' or 'game' or whatever other bullshit men use to trick women into fucking them just for the sake of the man being able to make a donkey face and then fall asleep) then you'll have experiences that fall within the normal range of human interaction... most likely usually fairly positive, with the occasional weird outlier that makes for a good if embarrassing story.

yes, it's theoretically possible that a crazy person will roll up and crazy all over you - but if they're crazy, whether you had sex with them or whether you cut them off in traffic is irrelevant, because they're crazy and so what you did doesn't matter and you were just unlucky enough to cross their path.
    but in 99.99999999% of cases if you're decent and respectful you have nothing to worry about, paranoia about rape accusations and denigration of #metoo as if it's a subcultural movement are basically people trying to cover their asses against their current or future rape prospects.
    Last edited by Malkiah; 2018-07-13 at 07:40 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    No, this is an America-only insanity. Dating is fine in Europe.

*looks at location*

Um...nevermind. Goodluck...

Deleted
    Feminism is slowly destroying Western society, pushing women towards donors to get kids and met towards "sex dolls".

Great world we are creating, keep it up!

Deleted
    #MeToo stared out somewhat noble. Now its just a parody

Quote Originally Posted by Azurenys View Post
    Guys don't worry with all these movements and "empowering women" we'll eventually get to the point where they have to chase us as standard norm (so we don't get accused of shit)... Joke's on them!
    This is probably going to be pretty accurate and it's going to be funny to look back on this

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Malkiah View Post
    here's the point:
    if you're the kind of idiot who thinks that finding someone attractive obligates them to fuck you, and who thinks that interpersonal relationships are predicated entirely on what YOU want and whether they like it or not is simply a matter of how much effort you're willing to put into brow-beating them into submission, then you could very well run into a problem because certain segments of the female population have decided that after putting up with this shit for the last *ever* they're going to... not do that anymore, and assert their personal autonomy.

if you're the kind of person who treats interpersonal relationships and sex as a thing that two people are interested in doing together and actually put some effort into figuring out how to make it a mutually beneficial experience (instead of focusing all your energy on 'looks' or 'status' or 'game' or whatever other bullshit men use to trick women into fucking them just for the sake of the man being able to make a donkey face and then fall asleep) then you'll have experiences that fall within the normal range of human interaction... most likely usually fairly positive, with the occasional weird outlier that makes for a good if embarrassing story.

yes, it's theoretically possible that a crazy person will roll up and crazy all over you - but if they're crazy, whether you had sex with them or whether you cut them off in traffic is irrelevant, because they're crazy and so what you did doesn't matter and you were just unlucky enough to cross their path.
    but in 99.99999999% of cases if you're decent and respectful you have nothing to worry about, paranoia about rape accusations and denigration of #metoo as if it's a subcultural movement are basically people trying to cover their asses against their current or future rape prospects.
    Very good point!

Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    Wrong.

I am not now or ever worried about a rape charge. Neither are most guys, there is a clear lined between rape and what isn't rape, that line is consent. Not sure why flirting should consist of fucking being paranoid you can't assault people.

If you are dumb enough to go around grabbing women, then you likely have other problems that have nothing to do with WOMEN for that fear.
    For regular guys you are right, but a celebrity can literally get in a lot of shit for flirting or even saying words to women.
    We humans have to stick together

Deleted
    If you are worried about people accusing you of rape, sexual assault or harassment chances are you are the problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    He doesn't have balls, he is whining and has already apologized for his bone headed remarks.
    What do you think happens if he doesnt?

THe entire patchetic #MeToo of american housewives goes crazy against him, makes him the next scapegoat and makes sure he cant get work anymore.

Your remark is based on you not understanding the situation, but its still unintelligent

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo101 View Post
    If you are worried about people accusing you of rape, sexual assault or harassment chances are you are the problem.
    You havent been following stuff, which is fine, but then you really shouldnt comment on stuff like this.

Its a very real worry for most famous men atm. IF you say something the twitter movement doesnt like you can losoe your career. Its a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    Mostly due to fear of a misunderstanding or bad date gone wrong gaslighting his career, because he's old-fashioned in his dating style:

I don't blame him. For someone in his position, if he goes on a date with the wrong woman, all it takes is a single offhand comment, or for his hand to accidentally brush one of her breasts in a hug (that happened to me on one date) and the next morning every gossip magazine is painting him as a boor or a rapist or sexual assaulter or something along those lines, and his career is over like Aziz Ansari. One bad date in the Hollywood world can burn your livelihood to cinders. It's just not worth it.
    I agree, if I was rich and famous I would be paranoid as hell, you would almost want a bodycam to protect yourself but then you would be sued for violating their privacy. All it takes is one person to accuse him and it would destroy his career and possibly his life.

This is why I don't care too much for hashtag activism. Fundamentally I think it is a good thing, it is addressing a real problem. However, like most forms of internet activism, it seems that many of the main players driving it are zealots, and ultimately it is less about making things better, rather it is about enabling people to go after others, a stick to beat people or groups that they don't like. And for this reason, I question its ability to provide a good solution to the problem. I suspect any lasting benefits to this movement will be in drawing attention to the problem, but it will take more sober, less hateful minds (yea, I am going there, Twitter feminists overwhelmingly just don't like men, this is less about making things better for women, but a way to attack men, and in their minds, change the power dynamics in their favour) to actually make things better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Moderation and common sense is WHY these hashtag movements need to die in a fire--because neither of those things EXISTS on the internet, especially Twitter. Accusations of sexual assault or misconduct should be handled by trained authorities, not by the whims of the digital lynch mob.
    In an ideal world it should exist also on internet, and it can exist if people will develop the right way. Not in the near future, I guess.

I would just make them sign a non-disclosure agreement so they can't pursue any legal action and if they don't like that find another person to fuck.

Gotta be honest, as a man in my 40s who “had a good run” with various relationships in my 20’s and 30’s, I’m so glad I can now just declare myself “done” and fall back on “self care” because, damn, the environment is just too risky now.

I agree that countering abuse and rape culture is key, but between the blowup of metoo and the seemingly morally unassailable “believe survivors” movement, that is too much unquestionable authority over the truth to trust the average human being with, male or female.

I would not want to be a teenager or a parent of a teenager right now. The only advice I could see giving an irrationally pubescent son is “Don’t touch unless you have it in writing,” I’m not even joking.

Respect always, consent is key, but if we have to “believe survivors” without question, best not to engage at all.

Has he tried not molesting women, raping them or creeping onto them?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I would just make them sign a non-disclosure agreement so they can't pursue any legal action and if they don't like that find another person to fuck.
    Yeah what could go wrong with that? Worked perfectly for Trump and Cohen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Barrages View Post
    I think he should go on Christian Mingle. There's none of that #MeToo tomfoolery on there.
    Ahahahaha!

Wait... did you just use "Christian Mingle"... not as a punchline?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    Gotta be honest, as a man in my 40s who “had a good run” with various relationships in my 20’s and 30’s, I’m so glad I can now just declare myself “done” and fall back on “self care” because, damn, the environment is just too risky now.

I agree that countering abuse and rape culture is key, but between the blowup of metoo and the seemingly morally unassailable “believe survivors” movement, that is too much unquestionable authority over the truth to trust the average human being with, male or female.

I would not want to be a teenager or a parent of a teenager right now. The only advice I could see giving an irrationally pubescent son is “Don’t touch unless you have it in writing,” I’m not even joking.

Respect always, consent is key, but if we have to “believe survivors” without question, best not to engage at all.
    There isn't a morally unassailable "believe the survivors" movement.

Whose career/life was ruined by false allegations so far?

Men have no balls these days. This Cavill dude is absolutely ridiculous. He should have said in a video, not through a pussy "Fuck off, shut the fuck up or suck my dick!". The get off Twitter, because real men should not use that shit.