Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Vulpera and what?

It seems like vulpera will very likely be an allied race sometime in the future. A lot of people speculated and wanted sethrak to join the Alliance in counterpart to vulpera which would obviously be a Horde race, but with sethrak seemingly being a neutral party with just as much ties to the Horde as the Alliance, unless Blizzard pulls some last minute shenanigans, I don't see them becoming an Alliance allied race.

So what is there really left for the Alliance at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid View Post
    It seems like vulpera will very likely be an allied race sometime in the future. A lot of people speculated and wanted sethrak to join the Alliance in counterpart to vulpera which would obviously be a Horde race, but with sethrak seemingly being a neutral party with just as much ties to the Horde as the Alliance, unless Blizzard pulls some last minute shenanigans, I don't see them becoming an Alliance allied race.

Vulpera should be neutral, like Pandaren. Available to both sides.

Sethrak. A neutral race that is mostly enemies, but we ally with a small group and reclaim their home, with their leaders having small leanings toward one faction. Nightborne did this with the Horde, Sethrak are doing this with the Alliance. Vorrik trusts Alliance members, and Wyrmbane is willing to have them as allies.

Plus, they just match. Goblin based race and Worgen based race, both from Vol'dun.

10+ Year Old Account
    they could get just some random ass race like dark iron or mag'har
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

If it's not Sethrak then it could be a new race in a future patch for the Alliance, although I hope it's Sethrak!
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    But then again, in the story, we're pretty brutal murder machines and not really "strategical assets". Just send us in and we'll murder everything in our way!
    So I guess the solution here is simple - we'll murder everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stormforged Valarjar. One smol race, one big.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Mike Morhaime CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzcon 2014 (view)

As already said, it could be anything completely unrelated to BfA. There are hints they might even add Jinyu as an allied race.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

I believe KT Humans+Zandalari in the middle of the expansion are more than enough. I am not convinced Vulpera will become playable. I agree at the moment everything looks like they will be, but you could say the same about Broken in TBC, Kalu'ak in WotLK, Jinyu+Hozen in MOP, Saberon+Arakkoa in WoD...none of them are playable.

I have a feeling KT Humans+Zandalari will be the last allied races added until 9.0 / 9.0 preorder. Maybe Vulpera will indeed be the 9.0 preorder bonus. Blizzard has seen how popular they are and therefore they would certainly make a good preorder bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    I believe KT Humans+Zandalari in the middle of the expansion are more than enough. I am not convinced Vulpera will become playable. I agree at the moment everything looks like they will be, but you could say the same about Broken in TBC, Kalu'ak in WotLK, Jinyu+Hozen in MOP, Saberon+Arakkoa in WoD...none of them are playable.

I have a feeling KT Humans+Zandalari will be the last allied races added until 9.0 / 9.0 preorder. Maybe Vulpera will indeed be the 9.0 preorder bonus. Blizzard has seen how popular they are and therefore they would certainly make a good preorder bonus.
    None of those races have been given the same amount of customization as the Vulpera have. The Vulpera are already fit as playable characters, while the Broken/Kalu'ak/Jinyu/Hozen/Saberon don't even have female models. They also all can't wear player armor and are missing a large number of animations that the current playable races have. The Vulpera however, have all of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Biotec View Post
    None of those races have been given the same amount of customization as the Vulpera have. The Vulpera are already fit as playable characters, while the Broken/Kalu'ak/Jinyu/Hozen/Saberon don't even have female models. They also all can't wear player armor and are missing a large number of animations that the current playable races have. The Vulpera however, have all of that.
    And also the fact that we actually, you know, HAVE allied races as a thing now. Whereas before it was a major expansion feature to have a new race, and so nobody ever expected background races to feature that prominently.

Quote Originally Posted by Biotec View Post
    I was pretty much convinced at the unique SleepUp and the emphasized facial features.

They also have an animation for obtaining the Heart of Azeroth:

I know you all are super thirsty for Sethrakk and while I'd love to see them added, they surely won't be. Someone above already mentioned older races being unable to wear player armor, and the same goes for Sethrakk unless they do some major changes in future patch content; but considering Vulpera came fresh out of the gate with all of that already done, it doesn't seem likely. Plus, can you imagine how squished and distorted existing helms would be on a snake head? I'd love to be super wrong and see them added, I just don't see it happening.

As for the corresponding Alliance race, I can see something like Leper Gnomes perhaps. It'd be nice for the gnomes to get Gnomeregan back finally, too.

Sethrak. Why else would you give snake people legs, if not so that they can wear leg armor and boots?

Protip: You wouldn't, because snake people has been done before (in WoTLK) and they didn't, because it makes no sense to.

They also fit most other criteria. They mirror the Vulpira in content we get them from, they're at war with the Vulpira so makes sense to give one to each faction, they can wear armor and... yeah. There's no reason to suspect they aren't the new allied race outside from the fact they don't have the customization that Vulpirans had, but that is likely just Blizzard deciding to finish one race before the other and then becoming occupied with other things. These races likely isn't coming until 8.2 or 8.3 something anyway, so they've got plenty of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    they could get just some random ass race like dark iron or mag'har
    Unlikely, all allied races have mirror each other so far. The four pre-release races were all from new Legion content, Dark Iron/Mag'Har are old world content and Kul'Tiran and Zandalari are the new expansion main faction races.
    Last edited by Thrif; 2018-07-15 at 08:30 AM.

There's nothing set up for Alliance.

Vulpera, Sethrak, and Tortolans all do way more questing with the Horde than they do with Alliance.

I have no fucking clue where people are getting the idea that sethrak would join the Alliance. The Alliance spends all of 2 seconds with them while Horde quests for half the zone with them.

7+ Year Old Account
    One would think that if the Vulpera had a counterpart it would've been added in alongside the Vulpera, though there's nothing that fits the bill. So unless either the Horde gets a high-quality allied race for themselves while leaving the Alliance (half the playerbase) in the dust, or the Vulpera aren't made playable until patch 8.1/8.2, I feel that they might actually be neutral. Hell we even have the Pandaren leaders in both embassies, whom mind you also happen to share a history of enslavement with the Vulpera, and I can't really think of anything else they might recruit.
    Worgen hard, or hardly worgen?

I think the Alliance needs to ally with a race that is a little bit more savage and less humanoid than the others to break the stereotype. The Horde on the other hand lacks the option to have a cute-looking race so it's only natural if the team tries to rebalance this a little. They even said this in an interview, so it's basically 100% proven that at least one cute-looking race is coming to join the Horde. And I mean... how many cute-looking races are there out there in BfA?

People often argue with the fact that the sethrak currently lack a female version and that their heads would be a problem. And that if Blizz already planned them to be a next Alliance allied race, they would have created them already 100% compatible with the player armor. I disagree. They already did one Vulpera model and then they made a second. Yeah there isn't that much time left until the expansion goes live, but anyway... I don't think it's impossible.
    Last edited by Big Mama; 2018-07-15 at 10:39 AM.
    he/him/his • please go check out Nazdorei (Playable Naga Concept) and Kul Tiran Female Edit.

It's going to be gnomes, mecha/cyborg/leper/whatever gnomes.
    That missing gnome community in Kul Tiras is going to be the setup for the Alliance, hopefully they are interesting enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid View Post

So like the Nightbnorne then #stillhurts.

Deleted
    I'm 90% sure Horde will get vulperas and the Alliance will get Mechanognomes. Though I'm not interested in playing either of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambulatory Cube View Post
    I know you all are super thirsty for Sethrakk and while I'd love to see them added, they surely won't be. Someone above already mentioned older races being unable to wear player armor, and the same goes for Sethrakk unless they do some major changes in future patch content; but considering Vulpera came fresh out of the gate with all of that already done, it doesn't seem likely. Plus, can you imagine how squished and distorted existing helms would be on a snake head? I'd love to be super wrong and see them added, I just don't see it happening.

As for the corresponding Alliance race, I can see something like Leper Gnomes perhaps. It'd be nice for the gnomes to get Gnomeregan back finally, too.
    Actually, Vulpera originally didn't have models capable of supporting player equipment, that was added later. At first they were like the Sethrak are currently - with armour glued on to their bodies. And then they were in one patch given player-grade models and after that animations that only make sense for playable races, including several unique ones. Sethrak also have several unique animations (sleep and swim) and also the Heart of Azeroth holding animation, the only thing they lack is the ability to wear player armour and separate female models (except for Sethraliss, who shows that females aren't that different for male Sethrak anyway). As for the helmets, have you seen what worgens have to wear sometimes, even in expansions made after they were released? Helmets on Sethrak would be only marginally worse, and their hypothetical racial armour would be made specifically for them anyway.

Also, leper gnomes are not a proper race, they are diseased, insane and curable members of another race.