15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marleycat View Post
    They dont have a bronze medal play off in the Olympics for any knock out sport as far as I am aware, Football, Boxing, Tennis, Ice Hockey, etc.... both the semi final losers get bronze.
    Well then you aren't aware, bronze medal games exist in most sports in the olympics, including football, boxing, tennis and ice hockey.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Of course they'll say 3rd place is meaningless.

Because they lost and only got 4th

rofl
    I've said before the game that it is pointless. But feel free to keep coming up with absolute bullshit.

If I didn't think it was pointless, care to explain why I didn't bother to even watch it?

3rd Place Doesn't Mean A Fucking Thing.
    Last edited by Lollis; 2018-07-15 at 12:03 AM.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Arrogance to the max m8.

Croatian team of 98 are absolute heroes to our country. Without the 3rd place playoffs we would not have had that moment.
    If Croatia won today the 3rd place and not Belgium, I'd be on the streets partying.

If Croatia looses tomorrow and becomes 2nd, I'll be on the streets partying.
    The respect for Croatia '98 should come from making it to the semis in your first WC, not some meaningless 3rd place game. The 3rd place game means very little, and nothing compared to saying "We reached the WC semis" when the latter requires actually playing meaningful football.

Edit: Say they simply awarded 3rd/4th place based on how well the teams did. Would that make any difference at all? I don't think so.
    Last edited by eschatological; 2018-07-15 at 12:02 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I wonder what happened to all those stadiums Brazil built in their slums to be able to host the world cup.....

They're not glorified toilet bowls for birds surely not!

oh wait...

"the beautiful game brings all races and creeds together"

*Skips off to the bank*
    That is Maracanã isnt it? Its depreciation had nothing to do with what you are implying. If I remember correctly, the State of Rio government (who owns the stadium) had given Usage rights for a private company to maintain and make money out of the stadium, and the company hadnt fulfilled their obligations to maintain the stadium. I think the stadium was already returned to the State which recovered it. That is not the worst example of Brazilian stadiums, Rio has 4 teams playing in the 1st division, they do have enough going on to keep the stadium operational. There are 2 or 3 stadiums which were built in cities where the local team is not even on 3rd division and cannot afford to rent a modern stadium, and those would be the bird bathrooms you were implying.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder what happened to all those stadiums Brazil built in their slums to be able to host the world cup.....

They're not glorified toilet bowls for birds surely not!

oh wait...

"the beautiful game brings all races and creeds together"

*Skips off to the bank*
    You linked the picture of Maracanã (built in 1950), the most imporant temple of brazilian sports. Flamengo, a team with more than 30 million supporters hosts its games there. Right now the stadium is changing its grass, thats why it looks like this.

But yeah, stadiums built on cities with no traditions in brazilian football, like Manaus, Brasilia and Cuiabá are just sitting there right now, wasting tax payer's money.
    Last edited by igualitarist; 2018-07-15 at 12:15 AM.

you can snip out the picture while quoting it darlings.

Eh whatever, you think I know brazil stadiums? Pick whatever bird shit house you want, point was fifa is corrupt and buying the rights to host the world cup is a scam

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account

Eh whatever, you think I know brazil stadiums? Pick whatever bird shit house you want, point was fifa is corrupt and buying the rights to host the world cup is a scam
    I pretty much agree, just wanted to say you choose the worst possible example on that picture... lol

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by igualitarist View Post
    I pretty much agree, just wanted to say you choose the worst possible example on that picture... lol
    what he said /10char

10+ Year Old Account

Same for the Olympics, most of those stadiums and infrastructure end up left to rot, even in first world countries.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account

Maracana is world famous. It held record for capacity with about 200,000 sits before it was reduced for safety reason to about 80,000 now.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    The respect for Croatia '98 should come from making it to the semis in your first WC, not some meaningless 3rd place game. The 3rd place game means very little, and nothing compared to saying "We reached the WC semis" when the latter requires actually playing meaningful football.

Edit: Say they simply awarded 3rd/4th place based on how well the teams did. Would that make any difference at all? I don't think so.
    But we don't celebrate them because they reached the semis, we celebrate them because they won the 3rd place.

If you people don't like the 3rd place playoffs, fine. Don't spoil the fun for others.

Bold part: Using what metrics exactly...

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    The English are calling being 3rd pointless and everyone else on the contrary. Go figure.
    I was calling it meaningless before we'd played the semifinal and I didn't bother with the game yesterday. It looks like the best team won though.

For the English I think the most important thing wasn't the quality of our football, which was 'ok', as much as the fact that people were behind the national side again. It might seem odd for the Croatian fans here who talk about how everyone loves their team so much but the English had become completely jaded and honestly didn't give a fuck. My Irish and Spanish mates didn't even bother to take the piss when we lost to Iceland - I'd already predicted they'd beat us and was busy sending them clips of McClaren's commentary fail:

The current squad can't match the quality of some other teams and I have worries about how limited Southgate is as a manager but people actually give a shit about the national side for the first time since about 2010 and it's great.

Deleted
    FRANCE is gonna tear the haters among u apart today!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it's the worst thing you can do to a new and young team, that basically went and did nothing at the euro's. Went in and got fourth at the world cup and basically telling them "it's all or nothing boys, you sucked again!"

Next time they'll even be less motivated to get shit done, since their clubs pay them more and the fans there give them more back, why bother getting an injury at the EC or WC if they are going to cry about your performance at home anyway.

In stark contrast, Belgiums team now got a thing going on in Brussel square after a Royal reception in the castle of Laeken. They are currently turning people away from there despite it being there well in the 30 degrees and flat in the sun.

10+ Year Old Account
    If France win, I get money, if Croatia win I get to laugh. Happy either way.

Still think France are too good for Croatia but I wouldn't ever rule them out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    If France win, I get money, if Croatia win I get to laugh. Happy either way.

Still think France are too good for Croatia but I wouldn't ever rule them out.
    Win-Win for you
    I also think Croatia stand little chanse against France, my heart tells me 3-1 to France (1 on penalty) and my brain tells me it will be 1-1 and as usual in this cup a penalty shootout after 30mins of extra time
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    France is going to play with 6 in the back and only use a mistake to attack or do anything, you are going to see very little football unless croatia breaks it open from the start.

Since that's how they played all tournament long and that's how they'll end it with as little as action as possible.

Same reason i don't watch Italy play a final unless they get a goal against them.
    Last edited by Acidbaron; 2018-07-15 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Well it's the worst thing you can do to a new and young team, that basically went and did nothing at the euro's. Went in and got fourth at the world cup and basically telling them "it's all or nothing boys, you sucked again!"

Next time they'll even be less motivated to get shit done, since their clubs pay them more and the fans there give them more back, why bother getting an injury at the EC or WC if they are going to cry about your performance at home anyway.

In stark contrast, Belgiums team now got a thing going on in Brussel square after a Royal reception in the castle of Laeken. They are currently turning people away from there despite it being there well in the 30 degrees and flat in the sun.
    I think you're vastly misinterpreting the British mindset. Like all people who expect to be the best, falling short of the best means very little. 4th place is only slightly better than losing in the round of 16. Being #2 would be an actual big step up. Keep in mind, it has been 28 years since an England semi - but 28 years is nothing compared to the 52 years since their WC win. 28 years people can remember. The semis are just to whet the appetite.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think you're vastly misinterpreting the British mindset. Like all people who expect to be the best, falling short of the best means very little. 4th place is only slightly better than losing in the round of 16. Being #2 would be an actual big step up. Keep in mind, it has been 28 years since an England semi - but 28 years is nothing compared to the 52 years since their WC win. 28 years people can remember. The semis are just to whet the appetite.
    The British are delusional with their expectations and should face a reality check. They should be happy for the 4th place and should have been even more happier for a 3rd one. The team was overachieving in both the short and the long run.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    They have a brand new and young team, and is lacking at least one key role in their team. An all or nothing mindset and you might as well tell your team to not participate.

I'm not saying it will be same if we manage to get third again next time but i'm fairly certain there will be something done.