Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Righto.

Well it's Musk...he is a total narcissistic sociopath asshole. Never liked the guy. His companies have been great, but I don't like the individual at all.
    Yep, he's a narcissistic ass but like he says, at least he's a useful one...

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    What about the footy coach who led the kids into the cave (for whatever reason)? Im assuming he'll be in jail when he gets awarded a medal for keeping them alive?
    The parents won't be pressing charges, the kids won't agree to it and he's viewed as a hero over there. He also didn't intend for them to be trapped in the cave. So good luck getting a prosecution case to stick.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    We don't even know if he made an error. For all we know, he might have saved the lives of those boys. They didn't go into the cave just for shits and giggles - they were fleeing the monsoon rain.
    He sacrificed his rations of food and water for them, made them calm with meditation and teambuilding games so he did save their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    the guy who rescued the kids from the thai cave

musk fanbois are scum inb4defenseofthisprick
    So, an operation with thousands of people, dozens of divers, but that one dude saved the kids? Ok.

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically, Elon Musk is raging and calling names because people didn't want to use his mini-sub?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The right wing nuts are going to jump all over one.

It's just Elon being Elon. Bill Gates is an even bigger asshole imo, and look at all the good he does in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Basically, Elon Musk is raging and calling names because people didn't want to use his mini-sub?
    Seems to me he is name calling because 1 guy( who didnt get enough media attention) said he could stick his mini-sub

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    I'm not condemning the guy, I think he did many good things while trapped with them, but some have made the argument he is responsible for them being there in the first place
    It may be so, I don't know the exact specifics of the case, just what I read from the news.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

I love Elon, though maybe he needs a PR person lol but then a British expat in Thailand is probably a pedo

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    wow, what a petty asshole. I felt the same way when I heard about the "rescue pods". I thought, mother fucker why don't you do something more productive for humanity if you can just make those things in a few hours.
    you realize his company spacex is going to be the leading force in sending supplies and ultimately humans to mars? he can make those in a few hours because he has access to some of the best engineers in the world at that very same company. if you think anyone else is doing anything more productive for humanity than attempting to inhabit an extra planet in case something catastrophic happens on earth i don't know what to tell you.

some people laugh at the idea of living on mars but you can look it up yourself, the schedule is to send supplies starting in 2022 and people in 2024, and there are A LOT of people who want to go. im not one of them, but this is happening and he's leading the charge. so you can see how silly it is when someone like you who has done nothing with their life tells the man who is doing more for the future of humanity than anyone else to do more for humanity.

if you think he's a dick and you don't like him, cool, good for you. if you think he's not doing something incredibly important for humanity by inhabiting a secondary planet, you are just being ignorant.

Elon should just stick to ripping people off with Paypal fees.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.

Threadripper 2950x | 32gig Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200mhz | GTX 1070 (Yes, I was stingy on the graphics card HOOOO!)

Deleted
    Perhaps Elon used his super villain powers to find out that the cave diver sits in a grotto by the cave during the rain season waiting.......waiting until some young flesh passes by.
    He then scuttles off leaving a trail of sweets and trinkets deep into the cave before coming out and attracting the attention of the group by mewling like a trapped kitten. Once they have taken the bait and found themselves trapped deep within the cave, our diver slinks in to collect his precious.
    Who's hand was that? Nobody knows in the darkness.

I mean the idea was quite obviously silly straight away, how is a 6ft, rigid tube going to fight down holes even extremely slim, fit men would struggle?
    Drill a hole through rocks.

Deleted
    I mean the idea was quite obviously silly straight away, how is a 6ft, rigid tube going to fight down holes even extremely slim, fit men would struggle?
    Diver + scuba cylinders on the back is "higher" (then swim horizontally) then the height of the submarine. I do not know, but considering the nice map of the cave system, it look like it was done a proper surveying hence they know what measurements the submarine most clear.

Deleted
    When you know people only for their tweets and movie shows/interviews you don't know them at all and should not even think you know their "nature". Could care less about some people doing infowars after the case is closed, have fun.

"pedo" seems to be a fairly specific insult. And he seems to insist on it to be actually true (https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/...404493824?s=21)

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by CrowleyXIV View Post
    When you know people only for their tweets and movie shows/interviews you don't know them at all and should not even think you know their "nature". Could care less about some people doing infowars after the case is closed, have fun.
    Posting something on twitter still does change that this is stuff he actually said.

Calling a private citizen a pedo is like one of the last things you can get sued over in the US. Unless he is a pedo.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

I mean the idea was quite obviously silly straight away, how is a 6ft, rigid tube going to fight down holes even extremely slim, fit men would struggle? It was a clear "look at me I'm a hero" stunt that backfired, showed how cold he is seeing how easy it was for him to capitalise on what could very easily been a tragic event and he has gotten all pissy that someone actually credible has denounced his plan. The dude's ego rivals his wealth
    While I'm indifferent towards Musk, and find his current behavior to be far worse than his usual "antics". . .
    I'd argue his plan was a good idea if the narrow holes would fit the sub.
    BUT he and the engineers were working with what information was provided and communicated.

If the rescue team didn't find a use for it, they should have told him to stop and look into other methods due to X, Y, and Z.
    Just seems more like miscommunication on both sides.
    And then you have people insulting his ideas, and with how sensitive he is, he lashed out as usual.

Earlier in the thread, a similar rescue training video shows a similar idea as well. Just not a metal sub, but more flexible material.

But like I said, Musk is acting like an idiot right now. He really needs some training on getting a thicker skin so he doesn't keep lowering his stocks.
    Though Short websites eat it up :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Calling a private citizen a pedo is like one of the last things you can get sued over in the US. Unless he is a pedo.
    So either Elon in a fit of rage slander a rude but law-abiding person and Elon shall to pay the price for it, or Elon know somthing we do not know.....

Are you waiting for the second coming of Christ? Well, not anymore, your all-in-one messiah is here... He gave you a safe way to pay, he gave you the electric car, he will send you to Mars, then to the stars, he will build a superfast, cheap and physically impossible vacuum transportation system, and if you happen to have some children lost in a fucking cave, don't you worry, because he will save them for ya...

I guess Grimes is denying him coochie.