Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Just give a full set of heirlooms a 300% xp boost. That way you get to choose how fast you want to level and everyone's happy.

The loss of dungeon bonus EXP and bonus objective EXP is pretty awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Well ya but if your leveling at all your supporting the changes, if I didn’t enjoy leveling but wanted to level more I’d proabbly just unsub if I didn’t think it was worth it.
    This. This will change if and only if boost sales tank AND player metrics from levelling fall through the floor. They are happy to take your time or your money and most especially both from people who get halfway then decide to pay the $60 ransom.

Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    This. This will change if and only if boost sales tank AND player metrics from levelling fall through the floor. They are happy to take your time or your money and most especially both from people who get halfway then decide to pay the $60 ransom.
    I'd pay the random if boosting an Allied Race unlocked their transmog.

Honest question: For people who only want to level as fast as humanly possible, but still level dozens of characters - what is the motivation to keep rolling a new character? Heritage armor? 36 hours or whatever of leveling seems like too much to go through for a single armor set.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by beelgers View Post
    Honest question: For people who only want to level as fast as humanly possible, but still level dozens of characters - what is the motivation to keep rolling a new character? Heritage armor? 36 hours or whatever of leveling seems like too much to go through for a single armor set.
    Mine is gold farming, the more characters I have the more gold I can generate.
    Luckily I managed to get a few 110s before this new nerf came in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unforgivenn View Post
    got it from reddit:

I just logged in to continue leveling my 60-something warrior and realized a few new things:

The dungeon exp bonus now lists as a reward that will only happen once per week.

Having a friend to power you through stockades/ramparts/whatever doesn't give the large exp bonus at the end, basically killing that option.

Basically back to questing for everyone?

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...fed_even_more/

well, actually i wasnt doing dgs anyway, but looks like now no one will do lol
    Why would they not fix this? It was obviously broken that you could spam Stockades or Hellfire dungeons for insane exp in a couple of minutes, even if it was "only" leveling. I'm not one bit surprised.

There's multiple reasons. Maybe they want to race change an existing character but want the heritage armor (the Dark Iron set looks badass and I am seriously considering leveling another character to get it for my dwarf warrior), they want the toons for making gold, they want to have more classes available for mythic/raiding/etc, want more toons to farm older content for mounts/xmogs more easily. They're restarting on a different server and don't want to pay for a server transfer. They like having different race/class combinations.

There's any number of reasons for people to still level toons, still. But instead of giving people multiple options on leveling (slow, difficult leveling. Fast, easy leveling. Instant, paid leveling) they keep nerfing the fast easy leveling for the people who want it, leaving you to either slog through the leveling process at a snails pace compared to prior expansions or pay for a boost.

LOL, typical MMOC thread. Clickbait uninformed bullshit in the OP, several posts deconfirming it, a million more whining about it despite it not being real. LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Wynnewake View Post
    The loss of dungeon bonus EXP and bonus objective EXP is pretty awful.
    Bonus objective...as in the quests in WoD? Is there a link to that nerf?

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    No, as in bonus objectives in dungeons. Side bosses.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ToZion View Post
    Blizzard can shit on a cake and people like you would still eat it. What if some new players prefer to dungeon spam instead of questing around. That option should still be available.
    I'm sorry did they remove dungeons?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Nonono, bonus objectives work still fine. They provide you the same amount of xp.
    Tested yesterday on my lvl 98 Warlock.

You know what really grind my gears?
    That on Tuesday I had no issues regarding damage done and taken while doing the Bonus objectives in Spires but on patch day the mobs in Gorgrond eat me and my voidvalker like we were made of peanut butter and chocolate. Health funneling and drain lifing constantly... What?! Some people also report that they need to eat and drink after fight. If that is true and is implemented intentionally then I wonder if the prepatch is an antiadvertisment for classic servers. I thought we were past this 14 year old bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unforgivenn View Post
    got it from reddit:

I just logged in to continue leveling my 60-something warrior and realized a few new things:

The dungeon exp bonus now lists as a reward that will only happen once per week.

Having a friend to power you through stockades/ramparts/whatever doesn't give the large exp bonus at the end, basically killing that option.

Basically back to questing for everyone?

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...fed_even_more/

well, actually i wasnt doing dgs anyway, but looks like now no one will do lol
    I'm still getting the exp boost per dungeon...

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    I'm still getting the exp boost per dungeon...
    I'm also still getting it, but i'm currently using the random dungeon finder instead of method zero. Its not advertised if you hover your mouse over the panel that says the title of the dungeon, but theres still a surge of experience for completing it. Maybe the surge experience is simply for completing the dungeon in the dungeon finder and thats where method zero is getting killed? Moving it from the dungeon endboss to the group finder devalues spamming a dungeon but promotes dungeoning being mixed with questing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Several years ago:

"Leveling sucks! Its so braindead-easy and boring, there's no challenge! Leveling used to take a while, it used to mean something! I can't even finish a GD zone before the quests go grey! Now its just mindless dungeon spam omg wtf"

2018:

"Leveling sucks! It takes forever! I can't pull tons of mobs anymore even in heirlooms! Blizz nerfed dungeons, we can't mindlessly spam them anymore! Why does it have to take some long?? Blizz just wants to sell boosts omg wtf"

Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pooti View Post
    But what you call a slog IS the game, isn't it? Maybe this game just is not for you?
    The game starts at max level for me and many others, leveling is a boring chore(especially the 60th time or however many times I've done it)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Several years ago:

"Leveling sucks! Its so braindead-easy and boring, there's no challenge! Leveling used to take a while, it used to mean something! I can't even finish a GD zone before the quests go grey! Now its just mindless dungeon spam omg wtf"

2018:

"Leveling sucks! It takes forever! I can't pull tons of mobs anymore even in heirlooms! Blizz nerfed dungeons, we can't mindlessly spam them anymore! Why does it have to take some long?? Blizz just wants to sell boosts omg wtf"

Different people.

- - - Updated - - -

Playing at max level? And avoiding the absurd server/faction transfer costs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    For every character at max level per expansion you should get a 5% xp boost account wide for all characters under cap.
    And/or a bonus per zone for having loremaster in it, that way you've "proven" you've seen that story and it's not a big deal if you end up leveling past it too quickly.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    How many new people are playing the game? extremely few, most of the people that are leveling and playing have done so for ages and done all of these leveling zones 10 times already, why make the leveling for them even harder.
    Well.... lets go to forums and... hey all the posts about "leveling is too easy" contradicted what you are saying

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    I'm sorry did they remove dungeons?
    Do I have to break it down for you, or did you eat so much shit it shows in your posts?

Okay, so we've had:

- fast, piss-easy and braindead leveling with oneshotting everything and steamrolling dungeons (pre-7.3.5)
    - slower leveling that was still easy with dungeon mob HP buffed so that you could actually experience some mechanics, a step in the right direction but not quite there (7.3.5)
    - leveling that is clearly completely fucked, unfun and slow

IMO leveling is in such a shit state due to either of these reasons:
    - the number of people buying boosts vs people unsubbing due to the leveling is a net profit for Blizz, so they don't care
    - barely anyone is even leveling new characters so Blizz focuses on top level content

I would say it's mostly either the latter or a combination of both.
    It's a vicious cycle: leveling is a chore -> people don't want to level -> Blizz doesn't improve it because people don't level.

It's a similar situation as with the stat squish - they screwed it up in WoD and are now attempting to do it right so they don't have to do another squish 2 expansions down the line (we've had vanilla and FOUR expansions without a squish, and now we need another one just two expansions after WoD).

I imagine they also realised that leveling needs to be totally reworked to be enjoyable again, and I wouldn't be surprised if the reason BfA feels somewhat underwhelming is that they are relocating resources to the next expansion which is supposed to be a huge re-work of the entire game on a similar scale to Cataclysm. Not necessarily a re-design of the whole world, but making the stuff you do between creating a character and hitting the latest expansion's content actually matter and fix the timeline bullshit that makes it impossible for anyone to understand what's going on without reading up on the lore online.