Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    So apart from warfronts which you stated in an earlier post and class issues which happen in every expansion, what exactly makes you feel like this is going to be anything like WoD? Legit curious.
    - No meaningful / substantial features, most things are boiling down to visuals / cosmetics (new character models in WoD vs. allied races in BfA)

- Basic gameplay is exactly the same with no new "exciting" additions (like Mythic+ or World Q in Legion); neither Warfronts nor Island Expeditions can carry an entire expansion (like Mythic+ did in Legion)

- Worst iteration of classes in years

- Very weak and incoherent storyline based on an unplausible "faction war" (this can impove over the course of the expansion like in MoP)

- Long-term motivation is missing for almost every part of end game (no legendaries anymore so why do caches, mythic+ etc?)

- Basically no character development from 110-120 and on max level

- Blizzard's commitment to BfA seems to be rather low (Q&A missing, rushed release date, postponed balancing, major design flaws etc.) - this is actually worst of all things mentioned here
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    It isn't true, and Ebaumdumpster is up there among the most toxic white knights Blizz has on this forum so it's no suprise he's just spouting nonsense after coming back from his ban.
    While I agree with your earlier assessments in regards to classes, I have to say I lol'd hard when I read the nick you gave him. He does alternate between Blizzard white knighting and being banned all the time.

I believe that animations are the reason why artifact transmogs force both MH and OH appearances.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    - No meaningful / substantial features, most things are boiling down to visuals / cosmetics (new character models in WoD vs. allied races in BfA)

- Basic gameplay is exactly the same with no new "exciting" additions (like Mythic+ or World Q in Legion); neither Warfronts nor Island Expeditions can carry an entire expansion (like Mythic+ did in Legion)

- Worst iteration of classes in years

- Very weak and incoherent storyline based on an unplausible "faction war" (this can impove over the course of the expansion like in MoP)

- Long-term motivation is missing for almost every part of end game (no legendaries anymore so why do caches, mythic+ etc?)

- Basically no character development from 110-120 and on max level

- Blizzard's commitment to BfA seems to be rather low (Q&A missing, rushed release date, postponed balancing, major design flaws etc.) - this is actually worst of all things mentioned here
    Q&A missing? There's one coming this evening, isn't there?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Thenatural View Post
    A dead clock is right twice a day. If you complain and bitch about literally everything, you are bound to be right on occasion. Nothing is perfect.
    LOL

The point is that the right way to assess whether things are true or false is to look into them and weigh them on their merit, however in the case of forums this frequently gets substituted by looking into who is saying them. It's not unexpected and not super-important either, but it's a wrong approach, your results are going to be worse than if you just ignored who the author is.

I wouldn't have replied if you didn't demonstrate the above the second time without realizing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    People often mistake QA (Quality Assurance) with Q&A. You learn to read the right thing in context.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    While I agree with your earlier assessments in regards to classes, I have to say I lol'd hard when I read the nick you gave him. He does alternate between Blizzard white knighting and being banned all the time.

I believe that animations are the reason why artifact transmogs force both MH and OH appearances.
    Which is still weird to me seeing as you can f.e. currently mog your MH and OH seperately to something else without causing any issues other than the occassional clipping.

Dumpsterboy has been on ignore ever since he made the brilliant move of calling me retard on this forum (resulting in his ban), even though I suspect he'll quote me with some weakass comeback any moment now.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    This, sorry:

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    People often mistake QA (Quality Assurance) with Q&A. You learn to read the right thing in context.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    LOL

The point is that the right way to assess whether things are true or false is to look into them and weigh them on their merit, however in the case of forums this frequently gets substituted by looking into who is saying them. It's not unexpected and not super-important either, but it's a wrong approach, your results are going to be worse than if you just ignored who the author is.

I wouldn't have replied if you didn't demonstrate the above the second time without realizing it.
    You're not smart, are you?

The point is, no one is going to search the each and every diatribe typed out by a deranged individual who has stated multiple times that they just enjoy trying to ruin the upcoming expansion for others on this forum for possible grains of truth.

You're not smart, are you?

The point is, no one is going to search the each and every diatribe typed out by a deranged individual who has stated multiple times that they just enjoy trying to ruin the upcoming expansion for others on this forum for possible grains of truth.
    The point flew above your head.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    The point flew above your head. (Who was suggesting to search for the each and every diatribe bla bla bla bla bla? Nobody.)
    You could have just said, "No, I'm not."

You could have just said, "No, I'm not."
    The next logical step is to go and signal some virtues. Although maybe you are already there.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Ouch. If the Shaggy Parrot thinks this is the case, it must be the case.
    Please don't take my (or anyone's opinion) as fact. However, let me expand on how I got to that opinion.

First and foremost, the issues on live sound like the same kind of issues non-official servers have, which is pretty disappointing to someone who has been playing/doing bad stuff to WoW with a lot of fun for many years (and hopefully more years to come). These issues are things that players reported or issues that QA would have easily spotted (meaning devs do have note of it, but just didn't get to it, +1 on rushed signs).

Secondly, we seemed to be way more on the bleeding edge of builds compared to other WoW alpha/beta tests with stuff often being half implemented, basic issues that wouldn't have gotten through their normal beta level of QA and a lot of files being added that aren't even used until a few builds later. The whole "Blizzard is a few builds ahead" did not seem to be as prevalent as it was in the past. This is another sign to me that they wanted to get stuff "out there" faster, in the hope of catching major issues quicker.

DX12 was unstable up to a few weeks ago and seems to not have helped performance in any way, which when properly implemented (with enough time) it would have. It being disabled on DXThe communities feature wasn't in a working state until a few weeks ago either, which is pretty obvious now (on a semi related note, they're starting testing of it again soon (on live) and holy fuck its Bornakk).

This and things people have already brought up countless times at this point lead me to believe it was rushed by people who couldn't care less (likely above Ion, no matter what you think of him he probably didn't want this either which we'll hopefully see him talk about today).

Sorry for rant.

Also @Thenatural and @rda take it to PMs or something.

Please don't take my (or anyone's opinion) as fact. However, let me expand on how I got to that opinion.

First and foremost, the issues on live sound like the same kind of issues non-official servers have, which is pretty disappointing to someone who has been playing/doing bad stuff to WoW with a lot of fun for many years (and hopefully more years to come). These issues are things that players reported or issues that QA would have easily spotted (meaning devs do have note of it, but just didn't get to it, +1 on rushed signs).

Secondly, we seemed to be way more on the bleeding edge of builds compared to other WoW alpha/beta tests with stuff often being half implemented, basic issues that wouldn't have gotten through their normal beta level of QA and a lot of files being added that aren't even used until a few builds later. The whole "Blizzard is a few builds ahead" did not seem to be as prevalent as it was in the past. This is another sign to me that they wanted to get stuff "out there" faster, in the hope of catching major issues quicker.

DX12 was unstable up to a few weeks ago and seems to not have helped performance in any way, which when properly implemented (with enough time) it would have. It being disabled on DXThe communities feature wasn't in a working state until a few weeks ago either, which is pretty obvious now (on a semi related note, they're starting testing of it again soon (on live) and holy fuck its Bornakk).

This and things people have already brought up countless times at this point lead me to believe it was rushed by people who couldn't care less (likely above Ion, no matter what you think of him he probably didn't want this either which we'll hopefully see him talk about today).

Sorry for rant.

Come on, this is anything but a rant. It's just a good analysis.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    Which is still weird to me seeing as you can f.e. currently mog your MH and OH seperately to something else without causing any issues other than the occassional clipping.

Dumpsterboy has been on ignore ever since he made the brilliant move of calling me retard on this forum (resulting in his ban), even though I suspect he'll quote me with some weakass comeback any moment now.
    But that's because you're actually "physically" wielding your artifact. It probably is some tech/coding issue that prevents it from happening the other way around.

I mean just earlier on a Reddit thread about the tmog restrictions with Artifacts I was saying the OP say:

"I wanted to use the prestige version of the enhancement shaman artifact on my Dark Iron Shaman minus the ugly main hand with the Frostwolf symbol on it for obvious reasons.

I wanted to use the dungeon version of the Fire Mage Mage Tower appearance minus the main hand on my Velf San'layn mog.

I wanted to use the main hand of the golden prot Paladin Prestige artifact with the Lightforged shield(Or Honor kills version of the hidden artifact) on my Lightforged Paladin, because the green parts of it does not match my mog."

I mean look at that? First of all, every Artifact goes into your "Main Hand" O_o when you wield them, that's just how they were designed. Yet the OP talks about how it's "ruined" the appearances for him.

Sounds like a customer who wants everything 100% tailored to exactly them as if they're the only ones playing this game in the entire world.

I feel like people underestimate the internal coding reasons for why things are the way they are when it comes to certain limitations put in with the artifact tmogs.

These weapons already acted differently from other weapons we've had in the game (what other weps prior to legion gave you a 'physical' OH form while just being slotted into MH, what other weps would take up 1 slot but give you floaty skulls or contextual demon finding abilities etc etc).

I don't think it's "weird" at all, just some new tech they've created that they're not able to at the time (if ever) do something like: Let a Druid choose whatever Cat form they want but also tmog the left Dagger into a sword/fist w/e and the right Dagger into another Dagger or sword/fist w/e.

People just need to reel in their expectations, that's where I tend to see most of the disappointment coming from.

Deleted
    I also don't see how one person's opinion even can 'ruin' someone else's enjoyment of the expansion. Everyone on here is so fast to tell people their opinions are wrong and garbage; if that's the case, why does what Scarecrowz or anyone else thinks?

Class design is irrefutably weak though. The major theme of classes (disclaimer: for a majority of specs) in this coming expansion is regression - that's an objective fact whether or not people like to admit it and doesn't touch on how they 'feel' because that's only ever a subjective opinion anyway.

Personally I am very happy with the following out of the specs I play: Holy (Priest), Discipline, Survival, Affliction, Destruction, Demonology.

I'm lukewarm at best about these specs that I play: Frost (Mage), Fire, Beast Master, Restoration (Druid), Balance, Feral.

And lastly (not that anyone cares), I'm disappointed with these specs that I play: Shadow, Marksmanship, Arcane, Restoration (Shaman), Elemental.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    No, it's because the person says all things are so bad, why bother posting if it's that frustrating.
    For the same reason I post. Cause problems don't just go away if we don't talk about it. And I'm personally interested in wether things will ever improve.

By the way. If saaaay class design is shit in the beta. Where would you talk about it if not in the beta general discussion thread.

10+ Year Old Account

Sorry for rant.

You articulate better then most, that's probably why it's not a rant. Tuesday was bad, but not the worst things have gotten in terms of stability for WoW.

For the same reason I post. Cause problems don't just go away if we don't talk about it. And I'm personally interested in wether things will ever improve.

By the way. If saaaay class design is shit in the beta. Where would you talk about it if not in the beta general discussion thread.
    There's a point where eventually saying "Its shit" gets tiring because well anyone wanting feedback sees that isn't helpful and eventually if you truly feel something is shit and you have a tremendous amount of frustration, it seems silly to hang around to continue to get more frustrated.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2018-07-19 at 04:38 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I predict this Q&A will be like the last 3 (of 5) shit questions and nothing of interest and then they end it with saying "Warbringer is out"

Sorry for a few useless posts a bit earlier. It was a mistake to go meta instead of discussing the game. Good post, Marlamin.

I agree with this, by the way:

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    There's a point where eventually saying "Its shit" gets tiring because well anyone wanting feedback sees that isn't helpful
    Anyway, 1 hour to the Q&A, 2 hours to its transcript, perhaps half a day more to the next wave of hotfixes (go do that 2-minute AV if it is still there).

10+ Year Old Account
    I bet there'll be a question about fullscreen, and Ion will desperately try to prove that this is a good idea and Lore will nod "Ok cool"