Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Deleted

Joining voice chat should be the default

I think when you join a group or instance or anything that has the ability to utilise voice chat, that should put every player in the group automatically into voice chat.

This makes teamwork and cooperation the default. Whoever doesn't want to, can leave. But the default should be autojoin.

10+ Year Old Account
    No thanks.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Deleted
    I totally need voicechat to kill that single elitè. Totally.

Even the default for easy as piss dungeons that don't need it?

There's plenty of reasons to turn down voice chat. TBH, I'm annoyed it constantly tells me about it every time I join a group. If it became a forced default, I likely wouldn't pug ever.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Make it an option to join by default, but no need to inconvenience the majority of the playerbase that has no desire whatsoever to talk with randoms
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

10+ Year Old Account
    I join voice chat every time I'm in a mythic+, low or high, but so far I'm always there alone

Well no it shouldn't.

Raids are more than puggable without it upto at least Mythic.

Nor do I want to hear Timmy 12 year old screeching down his mic when we have an accidental wipe.

Hence why it is optional.

I have no desire to speak to almost anyone outside of my guild but a small handful of friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I want to voice chat I'll use Discord with people I know, not with random assholes you can meet in WoW for m+ that'll bitch about every single thing.

Deleted
    I have enough of that in fortnite, when you join random squad, the cacophony of 10y old squeekers owerwhelms you

Quote Originally Posted by Illiphar View Post
    I think when you join a group or instance or anything that has the ability to utilise voice chat, that should put every player in the group automatically into voice chat.

This makes teamwork and cooperation the default. Whoever doesn't want to, can leave. But the default should be autojoin.
    Not a chance.

Deleted
    You don't know what you're saying. Obviously, you have had no experience with such systems before.

5+ Year Old Account
    We have automatic channel join for text. That's enough.

I don't need to join a group with some 16 year old boy who thinks he's a man dropping preposterous levels of sexism, racism, and the "Dankest of Memes" in my ear just because I'm trying to grind out a couple of levels in LFD to avoid some 40-60 Cata content.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

10+ Year Old Account
    And hear all the little 10 year old kids scream, sing stupid songs, chain insults and slurs or have music blasting through your speakers every time you join a party? Well no, I'll pass on that every day.

Deleted
    Why are you making an extreme case the norm? That's what the mute and report button is for.

Not even remotely interested in talking to people while leveling.
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    And hear all the little 10 year old kids scream, sing stupid songs, chain insults and slurs or have music blasting through your speakers every time you join a party? Well no, I'll pass on that every day.
    Mute button.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fenthings View Post
    Not even remotely interested in talking to people while leveling.
    If you really don't want to, you can leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Illiphar View Post
    Mute button.

- - - Updated - - -

If you really don't want to, you can leave.
    If you really want to talk, you can join.
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    You don't know what you're saying. Obviously, you have had no experience with such systems before.
    Considering how every other team based video game with multiplayer has default voice chat, obviously you have no experience.

Deleted
    I would just keep it permanently muted. Rather just make it an option.