Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    For reference, here's the "other thread" by the OP that keeps getting mentioned: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...sidered-a-scam

I doubt this is anything but trolling unless OP did this many many times and bought wow tokens many times that he then converted into balance. I'm certain they have good enough tracking methods to subtract the correct amount. But it'd make sense if you scam someone and then make it more complicated by buying balance that penalties will be more severe, like with this 3 month ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    I had $250 in my bnet balance. Now I don't.

So a incident happened where I was selling normal Anotrus and the buyer purchased a boost thinking it was mythic. He paid and I used some of that gold to buy a wow token and convert it to bnet balance. Well that player who was misinformed and reported us for scamming and my main wow account has been suspended for 3 months 2 others suspended for 3 days and all $250 of my bnet balance is gone and my BFA pre purchase on all 3 of my accounts along with my 110 boost have been revoked. Out of that 250 dollars, half of it was purchased with my own credit card.

DO NOT put money into you bnet balance because Blizzard apparently has every right to seize all of it at any given time.
    How much were you selling the run for to make him think it was a mythic run? Yo sound like you were scamming and that's why you bought the tokens so blizzard couldn't take your gold away

The other thread for those so inclined:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...sidered-a-scam

And yeah LULZ .. in a way i'm shocked but there chat logs likely reveal more than you have so far. Though even given that the amt put in there via your CC should be returned as its unrelated to the scam.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Probably the worst edited, fake post I've seen to date.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

15+ Year Old Account

HAhahahahahahahahahah....Thank you for making my mornign! Glad you arte banned. GTFO you POS scammer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Montanahax View Post
    How much were you selling the run for to make him think it was a mythic run? Yo sound like you were scamming and that's why you bought the tokens so blizzard couldn't take your gold away
    The amount is not relevant. What is relevant is that I was intending on selling him a normal run.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account

This is like the best birthday gift EVER. Maybe don't scam people? I mean. That's where i'd start. Second I'd probably find another game to play.

what exactly is this suppose to prove? ok, you lost some cash. doesn't prove you weren't scamming people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    The other thread for those so inclined:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...sidered-a-scam

And yeah LULZ .. in a way i'm shocked but there chat logs likely reveal more than you have so far. Though even given that the amt put in there via your CC should be returned as its unrelated to the scam.
    My CC was not refunded and I've made 4 tickets so far and all of them have been automated answers with no help. If I don't get that money back I might have to look into legal matters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    what exactly is this suppose to prove? ok, you lost some cash. doesn't prove you weren't scamming people.
    I wasn't scamming people. That's the whole point.

10+ Year Old Account

So a incident happened where I was selling normal Anotrus and the buyer purchased a boost thinking it was mythic. He paid and I used some of that gold to buy a wow token and convert it to bnet balance. Well that player who was misinformed and reported us for scamming and my main wow account has been suspended for 3 months 2 others suspended for 3 days and all $250 of my bnet balance is gone and my BFA pre purchase on all 3 of my accounts along with my 110 boost have been revoked. Out of that 250 dollars, half of it was purchased with my own credit card.

DO NOT put money into you bnet balance because Blizzard apparently has every right to seize all of it at any given time.
    Sounds like sweet sweet justice to me.

In your original post, you actually said that you made the player pay before they entered the instance (a formality for M-Antorus, Argus especially as an example, because Mythic saves you immediately if a boss is dead --- this is for both lockout protection, and protection of the player)

You also said that the player was upset upon realizing it was Normal, and asked for the gold back, which you refused to do.

I would be more than interested in seeing your ticket, as well as Blizzard's response to your ban --- I am so confident I would bet my life that there is more to this story you are willingly leaving out in hopes of getting a "poor you" response. No player advertises NORMAL Antorus clears for 200,000 gold, let alone 1.2 million; so you absolutely knew what you were doing, and you were hoping that you would get some poor casual with tons of gold to fall for your shit.

I also highly doubt they removed your BfA pre-purchases, or the excess in battle.net balance without good reason --- but if they did, good. You are an asshole for trying to take advantage of someone in such an obvious way (Pay before you enter) --- sounds like punishment was well deserved

AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

This is epic, just red the other thread.

Serves you right, you are a scumbag like no other. Hope you get permabanned someday and lose EVERYTHING in WoW.
    War within is boring and lazy - beat me to it.

Deleted
    This is one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen.

My CC was not refunded and I've made 4 tickets so far and all of them have been automated answers with no help. If I don't get that money back I might have to look into legal matters.

- - - Updated - - -

Do it. Please god do it. And keep us updated on how it goes. /popcorn

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, I have no sympathy for you, and neither does anyone else. Maybe stop being a dick.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The amount is not relevant. What is relevant is that I was intending on selling him a normal run.
    Bullshit. There is no way you were intending to sell a normal run for 1.6m gold unless you were scamming and you knew you were taking advantage. They should have banned you forever for that tbh.

Sucks to be you honestly, false advertising and dirty practices will get you. I also consider buying/selling boosts cheating personally.

you knew you were doing the scummy type of "boosting" service, probably with 90% unsuspecting random people in the raid aswell and yet bnet balance was your choice on the same account... thinkingface

You were charging him 1.6 million gold for a heroic run. There's no way that this wasn't a scam and your attempts to burn through the gold so quickly prove it.

Good luck with your threats of legal action against Blizzard.

Deleted
    Oh it's retarded paint avatar guy.

Ironic to see he's also violating the ToS.

Serves you right.

Deleted
    Yes, yes, you were. You were intentionally tricking people into thinking they were buying a mythic run, without actually saying it, so you think it's ok. It's not. If you weren't trying to trick them, you would have said it was a normal run, because you know full well that a) no one wants a normal run and b) even if they did, it wouldn't cost 1.6 million gold, so you'd make sure they'd understand what they were buying.

I find it odd that the penalty is this severe, even taking money that wasn't from this scam, which makes me think you are lying some more. But even if you are telling the truth, you got what you deserved.