Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Blizzard stock is sinking!!! :)

Finally those who dislike changes are finally pulling out with subs, and are also giving mad bad rep. Investors are pissed now that they have lost around 5 dollars per stock from this prepatch which shoulda of increased the stock amount. Thank god. People finally see how bad things were from leveling alone since the 7.3.5 patch update. Whats best is theyre like were fixing it soon. Lmfao people are saying nah blizzard we dont want the crappy leveling of now even when its fixed. We want before 7.3.5. If this continues blizzard stock falls anymore theyre gonna get what they want. I just want to say thank you guys for putting your money where your mouth is. Also screw you minoirites that wanted the boring leveling we have now. GG.

Deleted
    Sooo... Dyou have proof to this bold claim?

You alright? Please also do tell me how Trump is somehow responsible for it.

Thats not why it's sinking. It's because of EA, their earnings missed the mark and that affected the game sector. I'd actually buy quite soon (waiting for it to go a bit lower, then I'm all in).

ATVI's stock tends to oscillate in a range quite a bit, a lot of fun if you learn how to ride that wave.
    Last edited by Levaustian; 2018-07-27 at 07:10 PM.

Oww... my brain
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    thats not how stocks work and also no source

quality thread
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

ITT: OP Doesn't understand how stocks work. The quarterly earnings announcement is in August, and stock fluctuations are reflective of how profitable the businesses is from these reports and if they're meeting or exceeding their quarterly targets. This information is not public yet, therefore the stock is not yet impacted by the performance of BFA considering the pre-patch was launched this fiscal quarter. Blizz/Activision owns way more than just WoW which has not been their primary cash cow for a while - the big focus is on their other flagship games and MLG.

Activision/Blizzard stock is still up 2.16% over the past month. 22% for YTD. Smart investors are quite happy with a return like this.

And there we have it, the missing link.

You realize this company is like a shitload more than just WoW correct? Like the entire Activision and Blizzard catalog, and with the Destiny 2 fails and CoD free falling to other games. I imagine it is more than just WoW causing their slip.

Also it might just be market correction as Activision Blizzard was up 20% for the year as of July. Or movement in the sector before an earnings report. Push it down, buy in, let it pop on numbers report, sell it off.

https://www.fool.com/investing/2018/...21-in-201.aspx

This could just be pull back, and $5 of $80 a share isn't that much, like what 5ish%? I'm too lazy to do the math, that isn't a terrible pull back during the slow summer months for a gaming community up 20% on the year.

They're 20$ higher than a year ago, don't know what you're smoking.

Top kek.

The army of mindless haters sure are grasping at straws now.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellus View Post
    WoW which has not been their primary cash cow for a while - the big focus is on their other flagship games and MLG.
    Where are the sources for this? I've seen this statement made by randoms time and again, but where are the sources proving that WoW is not a primary earner, nor considered a flagship title of theirs if not by earnings then at least by merit...?

OMG GRAB THE LIFE BOATS, THE SHIP IS SINKING!

Oh wait... never mind someone just worries too much about stocks on a day to day basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Senshenzu View Post
    Finally those who dislike changes are finally pulling out with subs, and are also giving mad bad rep. Investors are pissed now that they have lost around 5 dollars per stock from this prepatch which shoulda of increased the stock amount. Thank god. People finally see how bad things were from leveling alone since the 7.3.5 patch update. Whats best is theyre like were fixing it soon. Lmfao people are saying nah blizzard we dont want the crappy leveling of now even when its fixed. We want before 7.3.5. If this continues blizzard stock falls anymore theyre gonna get what they want. I just want to say thank you guys for putting your money where your mouth is. Also screw you minoirites that wanted the boring leveling we have now. GG.
    I don't think you realize how stocks work.

If you are solely blaming things on leveling, you are so much further off then your concept of stocks.

I leveled a Nightborne to 110 during 7.3.5, Sure... WOTLK/Outlands was dreadful but after that life was ez pz. I managed to grind my way through Draenor and Legion in like a day and half.

Besides, if you want an educational lesson. Check this out.
    https://investor.activision.com/stoc...c-stock-lookup
    https://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/atvi/historical

This literally explains what the stock numbers are and how they've been over this week or w/e, I don't have time to deal with your dumbfuckery.
    Last edited by thesentinelblue; 2018-07-27 at 07:24 PM.

Funny how people cherry pick info to suit their own perceptions. Activision Blizzard is down roughly 5 percent in the last two weeks. This is after it gained 20 percent value in the first half of the year. It and EA just got a buy recommendation earlier this week due to expected stock increases caused by game releases in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post
    Top kek.

The army of mindless haters sure are grasping at straws now.

Where are the sources for this? I've seen this statement made by randoms time and again, but where are the sources proving that WoW is not a primary earner, nor considered a flagship title of theirs if not by earnings then at least by merit...?
    It isn't the primary, I'm pretty sure before they stopped showing some numbers Hearthstone was the cash leader. WoW is still a big earner, but before hearthstone, HotS and Overwatch hit the scene, it was the primary. I think their studio is a lot more balanced financially outside Diablo and StarCraft. And that is just the Blizzard sector.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn’t there stock be across all of there games? Don’t they make way more off over watch and hearth stone? It seems unlikely wow it would effect it like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    It isn't the primary, I'm pretty sure before they stopped showing some numbers Hearthstone was the cash leader. WoW is still a big earner, but before hearthstone, HotS and Overwatch hit the scene, it was the primary. I think their studio is a lot more balanced financially outside Diablo and StarCraft. And that is just the Blizzard sector.
    I THINK WoW still brings in more but the low overhead of Hearthstone wins out in profit margins. WoW holds a majority of Blizzards 6000+ servers (lowball estimate by the yak), has a much larger development team, and overall just costs more to run.