Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Could Sylvannas be trying to bait Bolvar Out?

I was talking with a few of my guildies tonight and we all realized someone's name hasn't came up this expansion, Bolvar, we know that Sylvannas is obsessed with finding a way to create a new generation of Forsaken, ultimately her quest must put her looking for the helm of domination, since the lore on Bolvar is kind of murky at the moment it's not the biggest stretch that she could be using a proxy war with anduin to ultimately draw Bolvar out (if he has any feelings left for Anduin/Anger at the forsaken for the wrathgate) and given the nature of bonsamdi in BFA could her ultimate goal be to draw Bolvar out into the open to try and claim the scourge for herself?

Would "explain" the seemingly no reason for starting this war if she's playing a few steps ahead trying to get the Lich King to take the field since even the Legion didn't draw him out either.

- - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by Mentaldemise; 2018-07-28 at 05:27 PM.

Well his daughter Taelia grew up in Kul'tiras, she's a ward of House Proudmoore. Furthermore some speculate that Calia is Taelia's mother and the wife to Bolvar.

I'd be surprised if this wouldn't came into play sooner or later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bolvar Lich King will come back soon but I dunno if Sylvanas is trying to bait him. It's not like she was ok with the idea of another Lich King.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Now the full post is up, i really need to fix this enter button lol

Furthermore some speculate that Calia is Taelia's mother and the wife to Bolvar.
    Wait, what? Pretty sure that Royal wedding would been well known lore for a long time now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    Well his daughter Taelia grew up in Kul'tiras, she's a ward of House Proudmoore. Furthermore some speculate that Calia is Taelia's mother and the wife to Bolvar.

Unlikely speculation, considering Calia said the man she was with was just a footman, that's a far cry from a Paladin, and a Highlord at that.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Unlikely speculation, considering Calia said the man she was with was just a footman, that's a far cry from a Highlord.
    They've done it for Adria in Diablo though

Quote Originally Posted by Mentaldemise View Post
    I was talking with a few of my guildies tonight and we all realized someone's name hasn't came up this expansion, Bolvar, we know that Sylvannas is obsessed with finding a way to create a new generation of Forsaken, ultimately her quest must put her looking for the helm of domination, since the lore on Bolvar is kind of murky at the moment it's not the biggest stretch that she could be using a proxy war with anduin to ultimately draw Bolvar out (if he has any feelings left for Anduin/Anger at the forsaken for the wrathgate) and given the nature of bonsamdi in BFA could her ultimate goal be to draw Bolvar out into the open to try and claim the scourge for herself?

Would "explain" the seemingly no reason for starting this war if she's playing a few steps ahead trying to get the Lich King to take the field since even the Legion didn't draw him out either.

- - - Updated - - -
    I can't begin to describe how much I REALLY REALLY like this idea...this would make BFA a lot better since bolvar's been idle for what, 10 years? I believe that's what 5 years more than arthas was?
    Master Personal Trainer Instagram: Understarmor
    Certified Fitness Nutritionist Facebook: Paul Starnes Fitness
    Certified in Corrective Exercise Science

If you have any fitness/nutrition related questions, feel free to DM me!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It's not like she was ok with the idea of another Lich King.
    Unless it's her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Understarmor View Post
    I can't begin to describe how much I REALLY REALLY like this idea...this would make BFA a lot better since bolvar's been idle for what, 10 years? I believe that's what 5 years more than arthas was?
    Thanks! I really like the idea as well since it gets us our Wotlk 2.0 as well, to be fair though bolvar was only ever meant to be the jailor of the damned, however like I said it's a bit murkier now with him taking direct control with the Death Knights again so it is possible this is leading to a scourge "civil war" of sorts after BFA with sylvannas vying for control of the helm, would certainly "redeem" her aspirations by going directly after Bolvar.

There is no way that Callia married a Fordragon, and had to hide the fact that she did. There is also no way that she has been going around searching for her husband and asking people "have you seen Bolvar Fordragon?" and they are going, "the famous hero of the War in Northrend? no never heard of her".

Thanks! I really like the idea as well since it gets us our Wotlk 2.0 as well, to be fair though bolvar was only ever meant to be the jailor of the damned, however like I said it's a bit murkier now with him taking direct control with the Death Knights again so it is possible this is leading to a scourge "civil war" of sorts after BFA with sylvannas vying for control of the helm, would certainly "redeem" her aspirations by going directly after Bolvar.
    Its pretty much clear as day to anyone who played the DK class hall that Blizzard is setting the stage for some sort of major Lich King story line or even expansion. Its without question, no longer the same Bolvar who put on the helm but something much closer to the Lich Kings of past.

Just as point of note. The entire set up for the DK class hall campaign, was that Bolvar wanted to get involved. He was going to send everything he had south and then Morgrine cut a deal where Bolvar and friends stay up in Northrend and the DK's become the military arm of the Lich King for the duration of fight against the Legion.

5+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas has a whole mess of reasons for engaging in the War of the Thorns.

People just like to pretend those reasons don't exist because it lets them just handwave "Sylvanas is a bitch" or "Sylvanas is evil" with no greater thought to it.

Stormheim is a big one, 'cause she knows Genn wants her and her people dead. And Anduin has 0 control over the "Old Wolf".
    She also knows that most of the -civilians- in the Alliance want her and her people dead, or at least -gone- since Anduin could only get less than 20 out of 110 people even vetted for the Gathering (Most of the ones who didn't get vetted wanted to kill their Forsaken Family or Friends). And those were the families of the "Good" Forsaken that everyone liked.
    Azerite is another. The Alliance has had members declare their intention to wipe out the Horde publicly on multiple occasions, and Azerite might allow them to do it.
    There's also the fact that she needs time and space to find a solution to her and her people's problem, which the Alliance isn't going to give her.
    Add in Darnassus stockpiling Azerite from the vein they found in Silithus and it all becomes a pretty pressing matter.

And if that weren't enough to convince the other leaders of the Horde to action, she's also got an easy lie to tell about Anduin and Calia Menethil trying to start a political coup against her to create a civil war and a puppet state of the Alliance.

As to Bolvar coming back... I'd rather it happen next expansion for the "Second Half" of WC3 nostalgia. But not as a "Sylvanas Lured Him" thing, since he put together his Four Horsemen in Legion... kinda makes it seem like he's -already- getting active.
    Last edited by Steampunkette; 2018-07-28 at 05:43 PM.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

yeah and you know with how we've actually left bolvar alone he's had time to build a MASSIVE army that could make arthas' look puny....arthas still had people coming after him, bolvar was given free regin so he could really,. really do some damage to azeroth if he wanted and became corrupted....jailor or not he's still got to fight the whispers
    Master Personal Trainer Instagram: Understarmor
    Certified Fitness Nutritionist Facebook: Paul Starnes Fitness
    Certified in Corrective Exercise Science

If you have any fitness/nutrition related questions, feel free to DM me!

7+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, Bolvar has not really been more than a minor character since Wrath. For most people, his entire existence is foreign, so it would be odd if Sylvanases entire background for her behavier is because she is trying to bait him out.

Truth be told, i would not be surprised if Bolvar is just supposed to be a minor DK character and nothing more.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Sylvanas has a whole mess of reasons for engaging in the War of the Thorns.

People just like to pretend those reasons don't exist because it lets them just handwave "Sylvanas is a bitch" or "Sylvanas is evil" with no greater thought to it.

Stormheim is a big one, 'cause she knows Genn wants her and her people dead. And Anduin has 0 control over the "Old Wolf".
    She also knows that most of the -civilians- in the Alliance want her and her people dead, or at least -gone- since Anduin could only get less than 20 out of 110 people even vetted for the Gathering (Most of the ones who didn't get vetted wanted to kill their Forsaken Family or Friends). And those were the families of the "Good" Forsaken that everyone liked.
    Azerite is another. The Alliance has had members declare their intention to wipe out the Horde publicly on multiple occasions, and Azerite might allow them to do it.
    There's also the fact that she needs time and space to find a solution to her and her people's problem, which the Alliance isn't going to give her.
    Add in Darnassus stockpiling Azerite from the vein they found in Silithus and it all becomes a pretty pressing matter.

And if that weren't enough to convince the other leaders of the Horde to action, she's also got an easy lie to tell about Anduin and Calia Menethil trying to start a political coup against her to create a civil war and a puppet state of the Alliance.

As to Bolvar coming back... I'd rather it happen next expansion for the "Second Half" of WC3 nostalgia. But not as a "Sylvanas Lured Him" thing, since he put together his Four Horsemen in Legion... kinda makes it seem like he's -already- getting active.
    I still don't buy that sylvannas is declaring a pre-emptive war against Anduin of all people and even if the mother theresa of Warcraft was planning to attack sylvannas and the forsaken he and the rest of the alliance seem to be primarily focused on her and the forsaken as they're the ones who have been causing a lot of shit since catacylsm the rest of the horde learned their "lesson" in MoP about what would happen during a full on faction war and the rest of the horde seems to not really have any gripes with the alliance after Legion.

It'd be like France attacking America cause Alabama said they don't like french food and don't want it in their country anymore, declaring war because something MIGHT happen isn't a justification or even a good reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still don't buy that sylvannas is declaring a pre-emptive war against Anduin of all people and even if the mother theresa of Warcraft was planning to attack sylvannas and the forsaken he and the rest of the alliance seem to be primarily focused on her and the forsaken as they're the ones who have been causing a lot of shit since catacylsm the rest of the horde learned their "lesson" in MoP about what would happen during a full on faction war and the rest of the horde seems to not really have any gripes with the alliance after Legion.

It'd be like France attacking America cause Alabama said they don't like french food and don't want it in their country anymore, declaring war because something MIGHT happen isn't a justification or even a good reason.
    Even Sylvanas herself said she would use Azerite against the Horde if she was them.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

My only problem with this theory is that attacking Teldrassil with a majority orcish force doesn't seem like it's going to get Bolvar's attention if literally anything else the forsaken have done since WotLK hasn't done so already.

The more I think about it, the more I think that she will reach out to Bolvar sooner or later.

So far she relied on her val'kyr, who:
    - are not invincible (in a way that they have to sacrifice themselves to bring Sylvanas back to "life")
    - are finite (especially now that Bolvar seems to not be powerless anymore in Legion)

She already had a pact with Helya and wanted to enslave the Queen of Valkyra, but it didnt work out.
    If Azerite doesnt somehow come out as being able to turn dead to undead, then she will finally try to capture the power that started her plight long ago.

That is a bad speculation based on nothing. Bolvar was a Paladin - who were extremely highly ranked and presiteges at the time - not a simple footman who you would have to hide your relationship over.