Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiedzemir View Post
    Of course. Because real horde is an honorless, genocidal bunch of cowards that easily burn down a tree filled with civilians but get their asses handed to them when faced by an actual army.
    Some of the Horde is Forsaken, if that's what you're trying to wrap your head around. Let's not forget that Gallywix also wanted to sell his entire cartel into slavery - the Horde isn't all blood and honor. Some people like it that way.

This is a powerful cinematic. I love seeing the character growth with Saurfang. Unlike so many characters in World of Warcraft, this actually feels natural. It feels good. I am excited to see how this plays out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by protip View Post
    Some of the Horde is Forsaken, if that's what you're trying to wrap your head around. Let's not forget that Gallywix also wanted to sell his entire cartel into slavery - the Horde isn't all blood and honor. Some people like it that way.
    Ultimately the new Horde was founded on honor, and other warrior virtues rather than the blood lust and rage, the conquering savages the old Horde was that they broke off from. The forsaken, the goblins, the blood elves... they did not found the new Horde, but joined it as fellow outcasts rising against a world that was against them. They embody qualities of their own, but they are not -- nor ever truly will be -- the core of the Horde's warrior culture. And that's not a bad thing... but Sylvanas is trying to change things, isn't she?

Sylvanas is bringing them to a new low, one lower than even Garrosh took. In some ways, it's impressive... she was able to trick the Alliance into abandoning Teldrissal and made a successful effort to take it -- to destroy it. Even Garrosh couldn't do that, because he was blunt, direct. It was all blood and thunder for him. I admire some of Sylvanas's traits, but she isn't Horde. Not the new Horde that Thrall founded. The one Vol'jin upheld. The one Saurfang was proud to serve.

The forsaken are outcasts among outcasts, to see them rule the Horde is uncanny. I don't think it will last much longer, but they are a minority among the Horde, not the leaders. Sylvanas must know this, too. If the Horde challenged her rule, she is not Garrosh. She would crumble, and the Alliance would destroy the Horde in the chaos. Though, the rest of the Horde must know this, too. And Sylvanas, unlike Garrosh, has political talent and manipulates things well enough to prevent the Horde from fracturing, while pushing them to do what she wants.

Only a few old-fashioned members of the horde would dare to question her, but Saurfang is one of them. I admire his character. I hope his story evolves, rather than ends in Battle for Azeroth. What will become of him? What will become of Sylvanas? What will become of the Horde?

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    in fact, the animated videos that cost so much more to make, are the ones that look cheap.
    You should never present your own opinion as fact, especially when it's a minority opinion.

Most people prefer high quality cinematics over slideshows with audio.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I sounds like Michael Dorn doing his voice almost.
    He's going to kill Sylvanas in a duel then install Martok as Warchief!

Quote Originally Posted by Wiedzemir View Post
    Of course. Because real horde is an honorless, genocidal bunch of cowards that easily burn down a tree filled with civilians but get their asses handed to them when faced by an actual army.
    Greymane the coward he is only can attack us when their is a truce.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Ultimately the new Horde was founded on honor, and other warrior virtues rather than the blood lust and rage, the conquering savages the old Horde was that they broke off from.

Sylvanas is bringing them to a new low, one lower than even Garrosh took. In some ways, it's impressive... she was able to trick the Alliance into abandoning Teldrissal and made a successful effort to take it -- to destroy it. Even Garrosh couldn't do that, because he was blunt, direct. It was all blood and thunder for him. I admire some of Sylvanas's traits, but she isn't Horde. Not the new Horde that Thrall founded. The one Vol'jin upheld. The one Saurfang was proud to serve.

The forsaken are outcasts among outcasts, to see them rule the Horde is uncanny. I don't think it will last much longer, but they are a minority among the Horde, not the leaders. Sylvanas must know this, too. If the Horde challenged her rule, she is not Garrosh. She would crumble, and the Alliance would destroy the Horde in the chaos. Though, the rest of the Horde must know this, too. And Sylvanas, unlike Garrosh, has political talent and manipulates things well enough to prevent the Horde from fracturing, while pushing them to do what she wants.

Only a few old-fashioned members of the horde would dare to question her, but Saurfang is one of them. I admire his character. I hope his story evolves, rather than ends in Battle for Azeroth. What will become of him? What will become of Sylvanas? What will become of the Horde?
    Generally, I agree, but I think Saurfang is too far to one side of the honorable scale to unite the Horde. Some character development could see him become a bit more pragmatic for the Horde's sake, but someone who isn't willing to kill an enemy because he threw an axe at him by surprise isn't ready to lead. The Forsaken, the goblins, and the Blood Elves all easily value results over orcish honor, and they won't respect someone who would throw away an opportunity like the War of Thorns over something so minor. A leader needs to make decisions with the concerns of all of those who follow them in mind.

Sylvanas is obviously on the other side of the honorable scale, but I think during the War of Thorns, at least, she's more committed to serving the Horde than Saurfang is. We see him overcome some of that in Old Soldier, but having seen the Battle for Lordaeron and some of the following beta content, I can't say I think he's there yet. Sylvanas uses methods that are very extreme, but she's doing it all so that the Horde can endure, and she's good at it. As she says, "their anger will be a weakness, not a strength," and "they will retaliate" - she has planned the Battle for Lordaeron by the time we leave the beach on Darkshore. Saurfang only planned to die.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMatticus View Post
    Real Horde love Sylvanas.
    But again its bad Q&A's they realized people were starting to wonder is she going to be
    Garrosh part2, they even said themselves they didn't want that but thats exactly what they did
    they know more than anyone whatever is said is analysed over and over.

IMHO saurfang is going to die, and its going to be at the hands of a key alliance figure
    the main reason I say that. they have spent a lot of time and money on this video
    and they need something huge to tie in with the "both sides do bad things".

Genn or Jaina I can see killing him but guess only time will tell.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    You should never present your own opinion as fact, especially when it's a minority opinion.

Most people prefer high quality cinematics over slideshows with audio.
    Naturally, it's a whole other level. Though I've never come to expect more than one fully rendered CGI trailer / intro per expansion as they are clearly a lot of work to make. Getting a second is a massive bonus, let alone a 6.5 minute one.

That said, I'm always happy to get more of the other stuff too. Some people completely disregard the warbringer series because this is better, when they should be glad to be getting both.

Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    That style is a million times cooler in my opinion. Because it's art.
    And how is the Old Soldier Cinematic not art?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    And how is the Old Soldier Cinematic not art?
    I guess it is. I just appreciate that other style more, it's obvious someone painted and colorised every frame. It means more to me, makes me feel more when I watch it.
    Last edited by CptEgo; 2018-08-03 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mama View Post
    And yet I wasn't even trying. I don't like cheap shit. Bye.
    The cinematic was not cheap, and neither was the Troll in the cinematic. But we don't like ignorant shit, so good bye.

I'd gladly come back to the Horde if Saurfang became Warchief. No question.

But I agree with others who've postulated that Saurfang will commit an honorable act so amazing that it's redemptive for the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackeyser View Post
    I'd gladly come back to the Horde if Saurfang became Warchief. No question.
    I agree, I started on Horde, when it was led by Thrall. I rolled Horde for characters like Thrall, Saurfang, and Cairn.

If they stopped with the horrible warchiefs like Garrosh and Sylvanas and returned to Thrall's intended vision of the Horde, or have an Orc like Saurfang leading, then I'd probably go back.

Deleted
    Damn, I loved this, it truly represented what is the Horde is or was all about.

Old Sylvie is way past the "morally grey" line, although I suspect she will escape the fate of Garrosh.

I watched it again today. I don't usually get the "feels" from Warcraft stuff... but man... Saurfang cradling Draenosh in the snow really struck a chord in me.

But then I remembered, Draenosh never dropped that damned melee trinket for me. Damn him.

(But for real, that shit was sad as hell.)

Oh please. This whole BfA story feels like it was written by children. I've never questioned the quality of blizzard cinematic. Maybe with the exception of teldrassil burning, that did feel a bit out of place in wow with that style. Maybe I've just got way too old for wow but I just don't care about the lore any more, they've beaten it to death and dragged it in the mud countless of times throughout the years.

I'll be interesting how they are going to justify Sylvanas' actions. We still don't know what Sylvanas had to pay Helya for the Lantern and we don't really know why Vol'jin elected her Warchief. He stated the Loas gave him clarity and interestingly enough he even stated that many would not understand which could mean she has an important role to play now. It could even be possible that we'll see the Shadowlands become relevant this expansion.

i have to say, for someone who isnt a story first kind of guy, im all in for the xpac. Ive been horde for 8 or nine years and enjoy druid but i started as alliance and I remember that glorious tree back then. It brought back all feels seeing it burning and find it hard to want to play horde druid right now. This new cinematic brings me back to why i started playing horde in the first place. Blizzcon will be a fun place and I imagine WARMODEirl

10+ Year Old Account
    Real Horde support her.

10+ Year Old Account

Horde nope

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    Real Horde support her.
    No. Real horde support Saurfang.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    No. Real horde support Saurfang.
    Nah saurfang is the biggest pussy orc in fantasy