Poll: What expansion/era was the absolutely worst time in your opinion for WoW?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 21 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    WoD > Cataclysm > Legion/Mop

WoD gave me PTSD.

I've been playing since Vanilla and this must be the first time where the last expansion wasn't dubbed the "worst expansion ever" near its ending. Even expansions that are now considered the best like WotLK had so many people complaining about it when it ended. Hell, I've seen people grieve the end of Legion! In this poll it's almost even with MoP which ended 4 years ago (we all know what nostalgia does to our memories).

Even though obviously there are people complaining about Legion, I think it is doing amazingly well compared to all the other expansions. In a few years time it'll be remembered as one of the best, if not the best expansion ever.

Deleted
    WOD. What was there was fine, the raid encounters were great even, but it was merely half an expansion. It was like 50% finished, 25% cobbled together in an amateurish manner and 25% not even there. And yes, every expansion has cut content. But with the exception of Neptulons story being cut from Cata it never feels like something vital was straight up removed. WOD feels like that at, like, 4 fronts.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    And now we know you, as Fummocklechen said once in this thread already, your answer cannot be taken seriously because most of us HAVE played the expansions.
    Please do explain, you didn't include anything to invalidate my claim.
    Every xpac had it's flaws, however WoD seemed to be the one with the most considering how more recent it was.
    The amount of scrapped content, rushed content is ludicrous.

The garrison was okay at best. It was a great design, however it was very secluded and was solo for the most part.
    Archaeology was the same old same old, nothing new or fresh. At least legion, we had a quest every week or so.

The zones lacked a lot of major content. The delayed zone was fine, but execution was pretty terrible in reference to the entire xpac.
    Legion, we had suramar unlocks over time, broken shore, even argus. WoD, we had Tanaan.

The level of quality was definitely going up, then you hit the brick wall of WoD.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordaine View Post
    Please do explain, you didn't include anything to invalidate my claim.
    And you didn't do anything to invalidate almost five hundred claims to the contrary.
    Just "If you don't like things I like and hate things I hate, you're a fucking idiot LUL"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nefastus View Post
    Cataclysm. As much the cinematic was really cool it was truly a cataclism for Wow. It started bleeding subs during that time. Weak story, retconning enemies back alive (and allies as well), silly gameplay changes, etc. A true disaster. I think I endured 2 or 3 weeks of it. Did play one month of mists of pandamon, was silly but not as bad as cataclysm.

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting, thinking about it would make more sense. I would also put cataclysm before Wrath. The lich king was a major villain for recent fans of warcraft as he was the main char basically in warcraft 3.
    Actually, that would be: Archimonde, followed swiftly by Illidan.

10+ Year Old Account
    cata was the least memorable while having the most changes to wow

I didn't really dislike any particular expansion, not even WoD, however Legion despite having the most potential managed to be totally meh; just barely tolerable gameplay-wise, utterly lacking lore-wise despite the biggest potential ever since Cata, filler-y as fuck, and lets gracefully avoid talking about the state of PvP altogether, yes.

Cataclysm was the worst, because WOD was similar but had better raids and free gold.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

I get that everyone is allowed to have a opinion, but if your opinion is not WoD or Cata it's just empirically wrong.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    I get that everyone is allowed to have a opinion, but if your opinion is not WoD or Cata it's just empirically wrong.
    So if you are NOT in the 68.33 (Repeating of course, percentage of..[You damn well how that quote ends]) majority, you are empirically wrong?
    Not even going to throw out reasons or explanations, just automatic WRONG?

And you didn't do anything to invalidate almost five hundred claims to the contrary.
    Just "If you don't like things I like and hate things I hate, you're a fucking idiot LUL"
    10/10 snip. Way to take something way out of context.
    #YouTried

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordaine View Post
    10/10 snip. Way to take something way out of context.
    #YouTried
    Oh hello Jaylock

Oh hello Jaylock
    What does that even mean?

WoD by a landslide, Cataclysm got a lot of hate but that was mostly tied to how Blizzard handled Dragon Soul.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draenox View Post
    WoD by a landslide, Cataclysm got a lot of hate but that was mostly tied to how Blizzard handled Dragon Soul.
    And Vash'jir. And revamped zones. And killing blood healing and frost/unholy tanking for DKs...
    Anything else I missed?

Quote Originally Posted by Draenox View Post
    Dragon Soul was part of it, I think there were also issues with each raid tier as well as the issues with pvp.
    Same with MoP

In my opinion each xpac was slightly better than the other, and then you have WoD lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legion because class design mechanics are most important part of gameplay for me and I didn't like any class at all. I enjoyed WoD more because the class design was still better. I thought artifacts were atrocious especially at the start when you couldn't even swap specs or play alts, truly some awful design.

If I can't find a main in BfA I'm outty 9 thousand, still testing specs at the moment. I hate the D3 classes a lot, I miss my old specs too much.

So if you are NOT in the 68.33 (Repeating of course, percentage of..[You damn well how that quote ends]) majority, you are empirically wrong?
    Not even going to throw out reasons or explanations, just automatic WRONG?
    Why So Serious? The comment was mostly a joke. Although, seriously, if you don't pick WoD or Cata your empirically wrong.

I didn't like a lot of things in Cata but I still played it. WoD is the only xpac that made me quit for nearly a year. So, WoD.

Wotlk, MoP, and Legion have been my favs. BC I started at the end of, so I can't really comment on that one fully.

Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    Legion. Easily.
    Autism in a single post?