Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If Jaina hadn't show up, f&cking Malfurion *Nixxiom voice* would show up and blow a horn and whisp bomb da sh!t out of Undercity and clear the plague forever with a f5ck1ng tornado and grow a new tree in there.

And Horde would cry forever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Odelius View Post
    Deus ex machina
    Sylvanas plague bomb and banshee jump? Sure, the most Deus ex machina ever pulled

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    That whole scene with the ship was absolutely ridiculous. A flying fucking ship with arcane cannons. Why did it FORM cannons? Like could the arcane missiles not fire out of the ship without it needing to turn, open up its ports and create fully functioning cannons?

It's gunna bother me for the rest of WoW.
    Confirmed, Jaina is a member of the league of shadows.

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

Quote Originally Posted by Beerbill Society View Post
    Confirmed, Jaina is a member of the league of shadows.
    Either that or she's actually Azshara in disguise. Not being totally serious here, but Jaina did sort of go out into the ocean in a tiny ass boat, then mysteriously returns with a host of new retardedly overpowered magic abilities that she never had before, and a whole new look/wardrobe.

Quote Originally Posted by oathy View Post
    they might shock us all and she just stands down
    that would avoid the Garrosh scenario. But didn't Xal'atath predict her death?
    Know at the time people thought it could mean something else. But the more that unfolds.
    it seems blizzard have been dropping hints for quite a while
    Yea and the last time blizzard HINTED a MORALLY GREY expansion... Sylvanna and the Horde Burned Teldrassil and killed countless civilian...

Blizz is being very creative in how they are ruining Jaina.

For most wow fans, they view jaina as someone who did nothing during legion and then hust starts showing up in BfA and turns entire wars with a magic floating ship. I mean TECHNICALLY thats not correct because blizzard wrote some quiet lore in the background about how jaina was doing this or that in legion, but most fans arent going to know that because they just see the lore as presented in game so from their perspective the lore looks like hot garbage. Ultimately it is blizzards fault for poor presentation.

It gets impossible to defend blizzard when they say “oh jaina lore / sargeras lore / khadgar lore happened offscreen” because it obviously confuses people. They either need to explain this stuff better or take the blame.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

What I love the most is the idea that The Alliance attacks Undercity. A place where the Blight comes from, and nowhere do they think "Should we be prepared for them to deploy it?"

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    If Varian didn't spare the horde on siege they'd be dead. If can be anything.
    ahahahahahahahaha

no

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    because then they would have to admit that Sylvanas is brilliant warchief that almost won whole war in instant if it wasnt for jaina clearly infested by old gods power doin ridiculous magic
    Brilliant warchief? She only seems that way because the Alliance just blindly stumbled into every trap she had laid (And no, Sylvanas tossing plague around like an angry toddler shouldn't be surprising to anybody, let alone supposedly experienced commanders), she did quite well at Darkshore, although getting there was due to Saurfang's planning, and then Sylvanas burned her trump card to spite a single Night elf (No, the entire rest of the Alliance or even the remaining Night elves were never going to back down from her tree-burning escapades), frankly both Alliance and Horde leaders fell victim to plot-mandated stupidity for all of the pre-event, nobody comes out of this mangled mess looking smart...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    So a flying city and tower that's bigger on the inside are ok, but a flying ship is not?
    And ofcourse the boat had to turn. How else do you aim the cannons?
    Again you’ll have to send me the rules specifying I’m not allowed to find both of those things silly. I’m not sure where I’ve ever said I was okay with the other stuff you mentioned, please shovel more words into my mouth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Oh no flying ship powered with water and arcane. I cant wait for you to see Dalaran, you will probably quit the game. Because this ridiculousnes doesnt belong to high fantasy.
    Here we go again with someone who thinks you have to choose ONE thing to find silly.

Please send me a list of all the silly things so I can choose my favourite if I’m allowed only one.

Although a small city (the pinnacle of magic study) full of mages making a city float is arguably less silly than one mage driving a boat around, deleting blight (but not twice for some reason) and shooting magic cannons.
    Last edited by Oneirophobia; 2018-08-08 at 03:46 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    Mary Sue characters don't have to be new and they don't have to be "suddenly" powerful.

That said, jaina isn't a mary sue. That role is taken by anduin.

Jaina is a titan mage who essentially enslaved a titan keeper via her staff in order to be superpowered.
    She never enslaved a titan keeper.

That was just so stupid. Alliance is losing... Jaina appears in a Deus Ex Machina moment, and saves all.
    Jaina alone breaks Undercity's walls as Deus Ex Machina again.
    Alliance is still losing, until Deus Ex Machina Alleria causally warps new troops in... Jaina is again saving all.

This is why I laugh at those who assume the Alliance won here. Anduin would have been fucked two times over without Jaina’s or Alleria’s help.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Jaina didn't step aside back then in Kalimdor - all Horde leaders would be dead.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    This is why I laugh at those who assume the Alliance won here. Anduin would have been fucked two times over without Jaina’s or Alleria’s help.
    If Jaina didn’t show up anduin would have just fallen back he was already clear of the blight he was in no way ducked.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    That was just so stupid. Alliance is losing... Jaina appears in a Deus Ex Machina moment, and saves all.
    Jaina alone breaks Undercity's walls as Deus Ex Machina again.
    Alliance is still losing, until Deus Ex Machina Alleria causally warps new troops in... Jaina is again saving all.
    Sylvanas would also be dead if it wasn’t for Deus ex so would litteraly every one else if thrall didn’t get a deus ex in dragon souls. Deus ex is what wow is built on.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    To be honest, I don't think anyone really thought about the implications.
    Well, to be honest I think nobody even in the writing team really thing about the implications of what happens in the game. We had Draenei cheering for Grommash at the end of WoD after all.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Brilliant warchief? She only seems that way because the Alliance just blindly stumbled into every trap she had laid (And no, Sylvanas tossing plague around like an angry toddler shouldn't be surprising to anybody, let alone supposedly experienced commanders), she did quite well at Darkshore, although getting there was due to Saurfang's planning, and then Sylvanas burned her trump card to spite a single Night elf (No, the entire rest of the Alliance or even the remaining Night elves were never going to back down from her tree-burning escapades), frankly both Alliance and Horde leaders fell victim to plot-mandated stupidity for all of the pre-event, nobody comes out of this mangled mess looking smart...
    Darkshore, too, was mostly not Sylvanas or Saurfang being brilliant - it was the Alliance being written stupid. Because that is all Blizz does these days, they don't know how to make one side look good without writing the other as idiots.

Just look at the mistakes made in Darkshore:
    - The Nightelves just forget that they have a whole Troll village in their backyard (and about parachutes/flying machines) and rely mostly on closing off one narrow passage.
    - They also leave their fleet needlessly within swimming distance of the whole Horde army and don't even think about raiders, despite that being the most logical response.
    - Malfurion, who in the Novella showed a ton of spatial awareness, just happened to miss friggin Saurfang of all people being nearby.
    - Nightelf patrols in Ashenvale were unable to do the one thing they were there in the first place - spotting intruders. Somehow, Forsaken Rogues are better at hiding in the forests they lived in for Millenia than the Nelves, especially their druids.

This is pretty much the issue that many have had with The Last Jedi, too. Instead of giving the heroes genuine strokes of, well, genius to win, they instead resort to the other side frankly being incompetent at their jobs. And give people random new powers, like Sylvanas being able to Superjump up to an airship.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    She did indeed help the Alliance out but then again, she officially became Alliance the day Theramore fell.
    Uh ?
    Jaina has ALWAYS been Alliance. She never went neutral (unlike Dalaran, which was Alliance but somehow magically went twice neutral because gameplay).

Quote Originally Posted by Ottius View Post
    That and if Sylvanas didn't show up with her "magical" trebuchets (because real in-lore & in-game trebuchets can't fire such distances), then Teldrassil wouldn't burn and she would've lost the war. You can put many more "ifs" to this list.
    Uh.... care to explain how Teladassil burning via trebuchets was the "key" to winning the war? Last I checked, the entire Nelf army was routed and shitty writing led Sylvannas to burn the tree down as a spite thing, not as a "well we need to burn the tree to win gaizs"

I wonder how much mana floating a ship mid air costs? And then to fire arcane cannons from the side? She's an arcane mage, so her manapool must have been screaming uncle there.

Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    And if it wasn't for Saurfang ridiculous appearing out of nowhere in the middle of Darkshore just in the right moment to save her Sylvannas would be dead now.
    Pretty much.

Talk of convenience for horde where needed. Saurfang, a once honourable orc has lost it all as he took part in so much death and destruction. One can see that his guilt is compelling him to end himself with 'honor'.

Bane, Saurfang, Lor'themar. All of them are accomplice in Sylvannas's temper tantrums. I cant wait to see Alliance end Sylvannas, would like it if Genn does it.

You guys give this shit way more thought than even Blizzard does ... just enjoy the story for what it is. Was it a cool way to re-introduce Jaina, yeah. So they did it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jonsse View Post
    I wonder how much mana floating a ship mid air costs? And then to fire arcane cannons from the side? She's an arcane mage, so her manapool must have been screaming uncle there.
    Imagine if she had Aluneth! He woulda been yelling at her so loudly!