Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Makina View Post
    Im confused, do yall actually fail so spectacularly at the most base concept of the game (questing) that you need help to do, as many people in here are stating, "non elite" quests?

Is there some other angle to this im actually not understanding?
    Same reason people group up to kill a mob with an aggravatingly long respawn time- to save time.

It's not a question of ability, it's a question of efficiency.

And of course, Blizzard is doing everything they can to stretch the content as far as they can off the expense of the player.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Argus WQ's and elites were only fun because of these kind of addons. Think about that. My bet is we're going to see a really big drop in ppl doing WQs

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    It's extremely useful for the likes of Invasions, world bosses, etc. Just click to join group > accept invite > boom. No waiting around, no hassle of typing what you want. Just straight into the combat. It's a time saver, basically.
    IDK about invasions, but World bosses, and other elites still have the in-game blizzard button that you can basically get a template groupfinder thing for by clicking.

Quote Originally Posted by varren View Post
    Was it ever explained why they decided to exterminate the WQ group frenzy? Was it a gameplay thing, technical, both?
    One reason was that a lot players used it as a means to realm hop, especially when auto invite was one. You could create a group, and it could quickly get full of players who aren't even near the quest area.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Saw that & the addon was removed from the site. heh.
    here is still on site

7+ Year Old Account
    What the f%^k blizzard why are you making group finder addons not fun.. this is why people are leaving.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Im confused, do yall actually fail so spectacularly at the most base concept of the game (questing) that you need help to do, as many people in here are stating, "non elite" quests?

I don't have a problem typing in the quest name properly. But other people typo the thing half the time, meaning that if I want to find an extant group, it's easier with the addons auto-filling it for you :P Otherwise I have to search for similar words, or just start my own group and hope that people searching search for the correct thing.

The addons made it faster and more accurate, s'all.

Quote Originally Posted by Loooolz.looolz View Post
    Argus WQ's and elites were only fun because of these kind of addons. Think about that. My bet is we're going to see a really big drop in ppl doing WQs
    well, reps are important and gear is important at first. people will be doing them at least at first.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    What the f%^k blizzard why are you making group finder addons not fun.. this is why people are leaving.
    everything is the reason that people are leaving. but when someone says it, its sounds stupid everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    Ummm....does that guy not like being out of prison?
    Bruh, you can't imagine what kind of garbage he posts regularly on elvui discord

10+ Year Old Account

it has nothing at all to do with people being incapable of doing the content, in fact the majority are over geared for it, however it is more time efficient to do it as a group than solo as many of the WQ's in legion were spread over a large area most of which had dual requirements (kill 'X' amount of enemies then kill their leader for example), being able to do that in a group meant less travel time (especially before flight was enabled) was a time saver of epic proportions and as such made the mundane task tolerable as it only took a few minutes to complete if that.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    well, reps are important and gear is important at first. people will be doing them at least at first.

- - - Updated - - -

everything is the reason that people are leaving. but when someone says it, its sounds stupid everytime.
    people were already not doing wqs since pre patch went on, not everyone downloaded thoses 2 addons that was working.. on my server u would go argus and not see people doing it.. i myself stopped doing it, and when i get the reps, and gear on bfa ill probably would stop doing then, like almost everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Unforgivenn View Post
    here is still on site
    Weird, it said it wasn't there when I clicked visit website (via twitch app) a few minutes before I found this thread. Maybe it was just a bad link.

Turning off Auto Accept is the nail in the coffin. Can't be bothered making a group now.

There's a wowhead post about it now as well: http://www.wowhead.com/news=286260/g...-addons-hotfix

I guess they removed auto-accept to further nerf "realm hopping" with all their promotion of warmode and whatnot (they already said you can't realm hop while in pvp combat, but didn't specify what about dropping combat and realm hopping), but this will severely impact content that people made large groups for that didn't require manual review of each member, for example world bosses. How many people will care to list a group for a world boss if they know they will manually have to deal with inviting up to 40 people, listening to angry whispers "y u no inv me bro" and so forth.

Welp, I'm glad I'm done with fisherfriends achievement...

Ok, loss of auto accept is taking it too far

If they want their group finder to only be used for instanced raid content, then just say it and remove everything except the dungeons & raids tab in the LFG tool
    Last edited by varren; 2018-08-09 at 03:58 AM.

When you have to add inconvenience to your game, you know you are doing your game a disservice.

Seriously, is anyone buying their excuses for slow downs anymore? Ion is a joke of a dev.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by varren View Post
    Ok, loss of auto accept is taking it too far

If they want their group finder to only be used for instanced raid content, then just say it and remove everything except the dungeons & raids tab in the LFG tool
    They want slowdown. Look at every change made recently, it's all in sake of slowing down the game so people progress slower.

Leveling nerfs, leveling dungeon nerfs, group finder nerfs. It is all to slow people down

10+ Year Old Account

Of course people are capable of doing it. The point is, joining an automated group to complete quests, particularly WQs, is MANY times faster and more efficient than just doing them solo. It's the difference between clearing Darkshore WQs in 15 mins vs clearing it in 6 mins. End-game in WoW is all about efficiency, and it has been for over a decade now.

I'm really not sure why they're doing this. No one benefits from this, so it has to be a server load or technical issue they're trying to resolve. Either way, it's extremely stupid. WQs were already tedious and annoying (especially without flying), this just makes them take twice as long or forces you to do them with guildies, which isn't always feasible.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can solo almost all of the elites and do the world bosses with less than a group of five. When these addons weren't screwed, I would join or list a group just to help out sometimes. Not to be holier than thou or brag, i'm really just saying, when this was easy, I had no problem joining someone instead of just stomping it and moving on with my day. It was a bit quicker for me at best, or at worst, I did all the work for four other people. Literally didn't care in the latter situation. Now I don't help at all other than just happening upon someone killing it at the same time. Seems detrimental to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    Of course people are capable of doing it. The point is, joining an automated group to complete quests, particularly WQs, is MANY times faster and more efficient than just doing them solo. It's the difference between clearing Darkshore WQs in 15 mins vs clearing it in 6 mins. End-game in WoW is all about efficiency, and it has been for over a decade now.

I'm really not sure why they're doing this. No one benefits from this, so it has to be a server load or technical issue they're trying to resolve. Either way, it's extremely stupid. WQs were already tedious and annoying (especially without flying), this just makes them take twice as long or forces you to do them with guildies, which isn't always feasible.

They report back 'time played' metric to investors. Thats why they do it, slowing you down for the sake of investor stats. This has nothing to do with servers, it's why it was a hidden change

because wanting to do the kind of wq that wants you to pick up 50 things and kill 20 mobs without help slowly over and over and over and over is fun

come on now, having even 1 person to help makes it so much more bearable