Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Camthur View Post
    They broke auto accept in the vanilla group finder. Good luck clicking dozens of accepts when you want to make a World Boss group.

I think this is going to come back to bite them. Players appreciate old boring things being simplified. Very few care at all about what they're doing in a quest on some alt. They just want to get it done as fast as possible and move on. While I do think some people will adapt and keep plugging away, they're going to lose some folks with this change.

A player who would have kept on logging on to knock out some auto-join WQs might now just say to heck with it and quit once they've done all the content that's new to them.
    i agree, if things are too tedious, people tent to outright avoid them unless the payoff is worth it.
    see WoD and the "raid (normal or higher)or die" fiasco. no incentive to go LFR? better not raid at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Unforgivenn View Post
    author of lfg addon just posted this on comment of their addon:
    I WARN YOU BLIZZARD. If you keep pruning something you shouldn't do, you are destroying this game. There is no way to filter advertisements ESPECIALLY in CHINESE region (where 90% of LFG groups are spamming) without this LFG AddOn. You disabled old models, i just wanna slain all of you. If you keep doing shit, i'll fight against you to the end. I have successfully brought back old models. I WILL HACK YOUR SERVER AND DESTROY YOUR FUCKING AND CORRUPT COMPANY AT ANY COST. THIS OLD MODEL is a warning to you. I will hack you files to make this work if you keep doing shit. I live in China, i am not afraid of you, Chinese Law will protect me. We will fight capitalism to the end.

well, expect ddos attacks at bfa start?
    Classy AF...
    Sealth [Cenarius] Priest

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I'm sure once Blizzard sees that world quest participation in BfA is significantly down, they'll reverse this. Like they always do.
    Honestly, they'll just think players no longer want content.

What was negative about this?

The only form of abuse I saw was that people used them to server hop in the same zone to farm stuff. Such as a hot spot for Basilisks in Antorian Wastes. There is about 15ish Basilisks up in the Fel pits and was a great way to farm Empyrium. Players would kill them, que up for a WQ nearby. And repeat this for hours.

Was this the cause of them taking off WQ addons? Or was there another more severe use people had for them?

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Don’t be stupid. This is to stop people just flying around afking while other people do quests for them. People in here won’t acknowledge that but it’s the primary purpose of those addons. Blizzard choosing to go against lame lazy ppl is just fine. Literally takes no time to go and find a group yourself.
    Exactly this. People should either play the game or play a different one. Lazy people should never be catered to.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
    Classy AF...

Well I'm going to go ahead and not use any addons by, or related to this guy from now on.

What a shitbag.

Don’t be stupid. This is to stop people just flying around afking while other people do quests for them. People in here won’t acknowledge that but it’s the primary purpose of those addons. Blizzard choosing to go against lame lazy ppl is just fine. Literally takes no time to go and find a group yourself.
    Citation needed.

And another one that any sizable portion of people abused the addons in this way. Your anecdotal evidence does not count.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    Exactly this. People should either play the game or play a different one. Lazy people should never be catered to.

There is more to it than just fighting against the "lazy people"

I still AFK fly in WQ as I did with WQGF. Only difference now is I search the group up. All of the elite rare quests people still often make groups for. And I still AFK in the air while they finish the quest.

The only difference now is people only make WQ groups for Elite quests and not literally all of them.

inb4 you run into a miniboss you can't solo, then you go look for groups doing it and don't find any because everyone just skips them now

If it's not easy to form a group to do easy group content, most people will just not do it.

After all these years Blizzard still sometimes "amaze" me. Even 'nerfing' their own tool (in-game group finder).

I guess we should be ready for disabling group finder outside the city. After all coming back to city to create a group would make content last a lot longer >_> (can't imagine what else can they break in it).

Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    inb4 you run into a miniboss you can't solo, then you go look for groups doing it and don't find any because everyone just skips them now

If it's not easy to form a group to do easy group content, most people will just not do it.
    Anything a noob can't solo there will be Sign ups for. Anything that is "recommended 2+ players" you can bet there will be sign ups for. People are not going to skip these because they have to put in effort to get players.

We're just not going to see 5+ search results for that quest where you crack squirrels and collect acorns and what not.

Blizzard try to completely remove any "auto grouping" features from their game, cuz their obsoleted game can't handle it, rendering LFG useless, as the way, content currently works, i.e. "Find group to do 1-2 minutes WQ and then leave, cuz it's useless after that, as every player has his own way", makes searching for group longer, than actually doing WQ itself. Yet every modern game already has such feature, so trying to remove it from Wow - making it even more obsoleted. I don't try to say, that such feature is mandatory, as some players prefer to do content solo, as groups usually trivialize content too much, but, I guess, Blizzard will solve this problem the way, they usually do - ignore it for a long time, but then all of a sudden implement it. So, I guess, by the end of this xpack we should have auto grouping. I don't know, why it hasn't happened by now.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

How is this going to stop people from leeching. This just gives them an extra step, THAT'S IT.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzuya View Post
    How is this going to stop people from leeching. This just gives them an extra step, THAT'S IT.
    Blizzard should implement "Effort => reward" system, all modern games have. Dunno, why they still so scared to do it. I guess, this is all about so called "kindergarten justice", i.e. they don't want bad/noob players to feel punished for being bad vs other players.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Doesn't matter, I'm still going to leech world quests only I'll have to type a few letters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cfStatic View Post
    Citation needed.

And another one that any sizable portion of people abused the addons in this way. Your anecdotal evidence does not count.
    If you want to start making some sense then feel free to try again. Otherwise your cute attempt there will just be ignored. All evidence points to the fact that I am right since, you know, Blizzard blocked it

My guess would be some of these people are really really lazy. So in giving them "just" an extra step will be enough to stop some of them from doing this.

Just what i think but to me it's ok either way. never used the addons so won't affect me in any way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sarym13 View Post
    There is more to it than just fighting against the "lazy people"

I still AFK fly in WQ as I did with WQGF. Only difference now is I search the group up. All of the elite rare quests people still often make groups for. And I still AFK in the air while they finish the quest.

The only difference now is people only make WQ groups for Elite quests and not literally all of them.
    So you can’t afk for all of them anymore = good progress

- - - Updated - - -

Making it take more work is literally one step towards stopping it. Closing down the convenience of it. That’s self explanatory come on

Making it take more work is literally one step towards stopping it. Closing down the convenience of it. That’s self explanatory come on
    You seriously underestimate the lengths people will go to when it comes to avoiding playing the game if the option is available.

Some of you are not thinking this through.

I’ve been catching up on Fisherfriends this week. Up until today it was great. Easy cooperative gameplay with minimal fuss. Until today.

Today we had to fold and reassemble a group for this SIX TIMES. The original creator leaves when they max out. The random guy who gets lead may or may not relist... or even bother to accept new members. In one case a griefer got it and refused to relist.

Searching for another group had been easy. I tried four times to get into a Corbyn fisher friend group. Only one was successful.

Many of you have your reasons why you are okay with auto accept going away. You’re wrong. You’re not seeing the bigger picture.