Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    with no auto accept, group formation will slow down substancially(and be more discriminatory for lower ilvl characters). I don't agree with that at all. Those shards better work properly now, or doing WQ bosses is gonna be hell.

Honestly, i'd rather they kept the auto-accept and removed the ability to type strings. I know... it would make it difficult for niche activities, but it sounds like the best compromise.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2018-08-09 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azunaii View Post
    Jesus, is it really that hard for you to understand why this change was made?

There really isn't an overarching conspiracy at play here.

Yes, all these changes are intended to slow you down, but the reason for that is quite understandable from a dev point of view.

It's as on the nose as can be:

They simply want you to 'experience' the content, rather than playing a game of 'click the button'. They want you to clear, say, 15 Falcosaurs from the coast of Stormheim, instead of clicking the button, use 3 GCDs and steam through to the next quest. They want people to actually play the game they've put a lot of man-hours into developing, rather than find a way to do as little of it as possible for the maximum amount of reward. This isn't a business, it's a game. Broadly speaking, it needs to entertain, not be a simulation of minimizing time spent and maximizing the results. Them disabling these features is simply a blunt way of enforcing that view.

Want to do every available WQ on all 12 of your alts? Good luck, that's gonna take a while. And that's exactly their intention. It's the WQ equivalent of the 7.3.5 leveling scaling - that was done to do away with standing in capital city queueing for dungeons all the way to 100.

Now, whether that'll be the actual result of this change is debatable of course. Personally I get bored of WQs as quickly as the next guy, especially when I'm doing the same ones 20 times in a row. I had the same issue with Bounties in D3 that this system is based on. It's nice to go out in the world rather than stand around AH all day, but repetitive content is still repetitive content. I was using WQGF to make WQs faster. From a 'getting bored' standpoint, it's a shame it's now gone. But I can totally understand that this type of scenario is not how Blizzard intended the WQ feature to be experienced.

I'm interested to see how Island Expeditions pan out. At least those can feel different every time, in theory.
    there is no official info why this has implemented, so your "reason" - althought it's your right to have them - seems to be quite irrelevant at that point. for now it could also be simply a bug.

The only thing that those type of changes show to me personally is how Blizz's ego is hurt when someone dares to make their intended design more fun and give some more freedom and control to actual players.
    But no. Only papa Blizz is in charge, everyone will do everything the same way at the same speed that they artificially control.
    Only goals are metrics, and getting same/more $$ for less effort. Arts/music guys are the ones doing their job on a decent level.

Quote Originally Posted by Loooolz.looolz View Post
    IN A GROUP (OMG A GROUP IN AN MMO?) instead of the old style of soloing everything.

No one was in a group. This was pure soloing. Go to WQ A, open a UI box, click group, do WQ , leave group.

0 communication. 0 interaction.

It made the game more "solo".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    That’s not really true though. Also I don’t see how that’s a good thing. Antagonizing blizzard doesn’t help your case at all
    No but it should be done, you need to push a devs until they see reason when it comes to blizzard devs that are oblivious to everything but their own ideas.

Yes, all these changes are intended to slow you down, but the reason for that is quite understandable from a dev point of view.

They simply want you to 'experience' the content, rather than playing a game of 'click the button'. They want you to clear, say, 15 Falcosaurs from the coast of Stormheim, instead of clicking the button, use 3 GCDs and steam through to the next quest. They want people to actually play the game they've put a lot of man-hours into developing, rather than find a way to do as little of it as possible for the maximum amount of reward. This isn't a business, it's a game. Broadly speaking, it needs to entertain, not be a simulation of minimizing time spent and maximizing the results. Them disabling these features is simply a blunt way of enforcing that view.

Want to do every available WQ on all 12 of your alts? Good luck, that's gonna take a while. And that's exactly their intention. It's the WQ equivalent of the 7.3.5 leveling scaling - that was done to do away with standing in capital city queueing for dungeons all the way to 100. It just goes against the fantasy/intent of the feature.

Now, whether that'll be the actual result of this change is debatable of course. Personally I get bored of WQs as quickly as the next guy, especially when I'm doing the same ones 20 times in a row. I had the same issue with Bounties in D3 that this system is based on. It's nice to go out in the world rather than stand around AH all day, but repetitive content is still repetitive content. I was using WQGF to make WQs faster. From a 'getting bored' standpoint, it's a shame it's now gone. But I can totally understand that this type of scenario is not how Blizzard intended the WQ feature to be experienced.

I'm interested to see how Island Expeditions pan out. At least those can feel different every time, in theory.
    Well, you know, it's MMO. And I thought, that MMO should be about encouraging players to play together. No? Why all this not soloable "Kill rare elite" WQs are pushed down into our throats? M? May be Blizzard should remove them, if they don't want players to use LFG?

There is not conspiracy here. It's not about slowing us down. It's about poor $1 billion profit company, that can't buy enough hardware to handle cross-realm and account-wide features. We don't even have account/server-wide storage to finally get rid of obsoleted mail/bank-guild system.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    They report back 'time played' metric to investors. Thats why they do it, slowing you down for the sake of investor stats. This has nothing to do with servers, it's why it was a hidden change
    90% of the Bfa "Features" and changes are exactly this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinzuru View Post
    Then you wouldn't mind if they decide to remove LFD and LFR, right?
    LFD and LFR aren't as instant-gratification as WQs are. They were added to combat something that took too long in the past: finding a dungeon or raid group, and they do their job well to this day.

Now, they're removing something that makes something take too little time: the ability to automate the process of finding groups for WQs.
    Last edited by Azunaii; 2018-08-09 at 11:59 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Well, you know, it's MMO. And I thought, that MMO should be about encouraging players to play together. No? Why all this not soloable "Kill rare elite" WQs are pushed down into our throats? M? May be Blizzard should remove them, if they don't want players to use LFG?

There is not conspiracy here. It's not about slowing us down. It's about poor $1 billion profit company, that can't buy enough hardware to handle cross-realm and account-wide features. We don't even have account/server-wide storage to finally get rid of obsoleted mail/bank-guild system.
    I guess, BfA will be WoD 2.0, but with a bit more of small group content (=Island expeditions, Mythic+ from the start). Guess, this will be my main type of content as soon as I am done with reputations I need.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhade1337 View Post
    Aw spoil brat won't do wq's anymore.. like some one is forcing you to do them in the first place. Most people think that ALL THAT IS IN WOW is A MUST AND IS FORCED TO DO BY BLIZZ , no guys you just do whatever you envoy in the game, cuz that's why you play it, you enjoy the game and do whatever you like with nobody forcing you to do x or y.
    It's like this: if any random wow player will get anything in a few seconds he will become bored of the game and start bitching about that there is NO CONTENT TO DO. So you got stuff to do that will require time and not get it in a few seconds like the spoil brats that many seem to be, you work for that piece of gear, mount, pet, whatever, it's like real life you work so that you have money so that you buy the shit that you want, grow the fuck up kids.
    Nobody is forcing US to Play subpar expansion of wod 2.0 either. People will simply Play for a month and unsub like in wod. Only this time there will be no excuses for Blizzard. Shit game is shit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinzuru View Post
    Then you wouldn't mind if they decide to remove LFD and LFR, right?
    Yes, i wouldn't mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Want to do every available WQ on all 12 of your alts? Good luck, that's gonna take a while. And that's exactly their intention. It's the WQ equivalent of the 7.3.5 leveling scaling - that was done to do away with standing in capital city queueing for dungeons all the way to 100. It just goes against the fantasy/intent of the feature.

Now, whether the change will bring the desired result is debatable of course. Personally I get bored of WQs as quickly as the next guy, especially when I'm doing the same ones 20 times in a row. I had the same issue with Bounties in D3 that this system is based on. It's nice to go out in the world rather than stand around AH all day, but repetitive content is still repetitive content. I was using WQGF to make WQs faster. From a 'getting bored' standpoint, it's a shame it's now gone. But I can totally understand that this type of scenario is not how Blizzard intended the WQ feature to be experienced.

If I play it out in my head: I'll probably do less WQs... takes me longer to level up / get gear / AP... which is the same for everyone.. spend longer clearing a raid tier... conversely be at the game longer, rather than be out of content less than midway through a patch.... Sure, some folks will not like this and unsub, but in the end, come on, you're all gonna come back and play it anyway.

So Maybe they should make it enjoyable experience instead kill 20 bears and pick up 20 bear asses x milion times. Shit game is shit. Wqgf just helped to hide it

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    You are aware that you can still create a group? Just type in "This quest I can't solo", click accept when a few folks asks to join, and bam, you have a group. You might even type "Hello!" in the chat. THAT is what they want to encourage, human beings actually seeking eachother out to jointly take on a challenge. THAT is what is at the core of an MMORPG. Not an artificial fleeting connection used to temporarily boost your efficiency in order to maximize results, so you can continue your hermit existence in the game world asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Numydia View Post
    And we're back, want to do your WQ's? You better have 1h infront of you
    And people simply will ignore them then. Dead content that's what it is atm

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    So Maybe they should make it enjoyable experience instead kill 20 bears and pick up 20 bear asses x milion times. Shit game is shit. Wqgf just helped to hide it
    Yes, that is the challenge I suppose :-) I'm not defending the quality of existing WQs and their repetitive nature here, just explaining why I think they made this decision. Like I said, maybe Island Expeditions are a step in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    Nobody is forcing US to Play subpar expansion of wod 2.0 either. People will simply Play for a month and unsub like in wod. Only this time there will be no excuses for Blizzard. Shit game is shit
    Nobody is forcing you to bitch about it, either, yet here you are.

Another stupid fucking design choice by Blizzard. Wtf is happening to the WoW dev team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Numydia View Post
    And we're back, want to do your WQ's? You better have 1h infront of you
    Or find 4 players who are willing to do WQs with you. You know, in a guild, or community group or in any other place where you meet other players
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    It was technical. Addons were forming and disbanding groups VERY VERY quickly, and that combined with the sharding (and the servers trying to move these quickly changing groups between shards) was causing latency with world quests.
    Well, in that case remove sharding instead, it is bad for the game either way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The7 View Post
    The fact that you don't like it doesn't disqualify as content. It's a form of reputation paragon mounts farm, how is that not content.
    Repeating the same stupid crap =/= content sorry to break it to you.