Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    D2 remastered included if you pre-order D4! $$

Diablo 2 Remastered- on Mobile!

New Class DLC! It'll be nice spending 15 bucks to put a new dressing on an old, rotting salad for a change.

Diablo 4! Snrrrrrk. Couldn't say that with a straight face.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

I'm really hoping for Diablo 2 remastered.

Pretty sure they are working on a mobile game, i read about that a year ago i think. Maybe a diablo on mobile?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyron View Post
    I am hoping for a Diablo MMO announcement but it is unlikely. They will probably announce Diablo 4 and something mobile related.
    Oh man, why? People today really forget that WoW was a fluke.

Deleted
    The cynic in me says the multiple projects are:

- A comic book
    - An art book
    - A Switch port of DIII
    - Another themed season
    - A new payed DLC

Damn, the cynic in me wants loads of stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    Pretty sure they are working on a mobile game, i read about that a year ago i think. Maybe a diablo on mobile?
    Oh shit, totally forgot about that. Yeah a mobile game.

To be fair microtransaction based mobile games are very popular nowadays so it IS surprised there isn't one already.

I would play Diablo 2 remastered but I would really prefer they put their time and effort into a game that I haven't already played for thousands of hours.

If it is anything like the Brood War remaster, it will mostly be a slight graphical update that wasn't worth the effort. They should just focus on Diablo 4 and learn from what didn't work in the base game, what did work in RoS and make it really great.

If it's Diablo 4, I'm interested. If it's World of Diablo, I'm very interested. If it's something for mobile or just an add-on for D3, I'm not interested.

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Diablo 2 Remastered- on Mobile!
    Oh god... if they did this I think my wife will leave me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    I think it'd work. There's plenty of asian ARPGs out on the phone market, some which actually look and play pretty decently. I played Torchlight Guardians for a while and the game actually plays pretty good, if not for being repetitive after your first couple runs through. With a decent loot system and content, I think there is a lot of potential.

Problem is with the P2W system that all these games are based on. It's hard to compete on mobile without going down this route, and Diablo becomes a shallow shell of itself if it ever becomes P2W...
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

I'm tired of D3 and hopefully the announcement is something new. Personally Necromancer was the biggest thing I looked forward to, but even though I like the class, I just didn't love it as much as I thought I would because it was in D3, a game I already played for many hours. It would be the same if they release a new class or minor expansion now.

So I really hope this new announcement is something completely new.

I really hope it isn't anything for D3. D4 or D2HD remake pls.

If its a mobile game I'm done lmao.

Next season, monsters now drop double gold!
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

seriously? An announcement saying you are going to announce something? We know it's going to be at blizzcon so why was this post even a thing? To keep us playing? This announcement of an announcement serves no purpose when the things that are coming are "a long ways away"
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

To me the video can be summarized with "new stuff is coming, don't abandon the ship yet".

D3 for me has been fun but overall mediocre for clear missteps in the gameplay design. I clocked 1k+ hours but i don't want any other game like this ever.

I don't think these announcements will be related to D3 in any way, save for hints/reveals about new season themes. Xpack or even class is completely out of question at this point given also how Necro turned out to be. (hint: fun but doesn't retain players after a single season)

A new diablo game is coming. 2020 imho. Hopefully sooner but i don't think Blizzard wants to risk the death of the franchise.

D2 remaster would be cool but i don't think they can keep the original feeling since a lot of the gameplay is tied to outdated stuff like low screen resolution and cast animation based on frames. Would be an hell of a work.

D3 Switch port seems a great choice. Easy to do and will grab a market they haven't dabbled with yet.

I also support a mobile game thing. Again something that creates a bridge with D3 and the next game but isn't extremely difficult to create especially in a short time. Would definitely try it.

Gamescom can be a good candidate - past Diablo reveals have been done there. Blizzcon will surely have info on the new Diablo stuff.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I am curious about if D4 will really be ARPG(If Blizzard decides to do a new diablo game.). I am very doubtful about the viability of the genre to pay off the amount of money that Blizzard would need to pour into to make an AAA game. The genre seems unconvincing to me. It has been tried and nothing took off like in battle royale or digital card game.

I think it will be a D2 remaster coming next summer and a Diablo RTS (yes RTS)

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    I am curious about if D4 will really be ARPG(If Blizzard decides to do a new diablo game.). I am very doubtful about the viability of the genre to pay off the amount of money that Blizzard would need to pour into to make an AAA game. The genre seems unconvincing to me. It has been tried and nothing took off like in battle royale or digital card game.
    The general idea is that people play a console game with a controller or a handheld game because they really arent interested in being social. When you sit an actual computer with a mouse and keyboard and internet connection, the primary reason is to BE SOCIAL. You can type easier for texting and use voice chat with a headset.

Blizzard separated itself from other gaming companies because of battle.net 1.0. That was a gaming lobby. Kids in the 1990s logged onto the internet and then onto bnet to chat and then used bnet as a hopping off point to go into starcraft, diablo, or warcraft games.

In the late 2000s, blizzard got the false idea in its head that they distinguished themselves because they took existing genres and “polished” them. That was wrong. So they dismantled their social network and tried making slick games. As a result, starcraft 2 struggled, diablo 3 struggled, and wow lost popularity.

The problem is not ARPGs but a failure to identify why people pick PC gaming over consoles or a handheld.

Blizzard was truly a special gaming company that set itself apart from its competitors when it was built around bnet 1.0. Today, now that the ecosystem has been destroyed, it is just another gaming company.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2018-08-11 at 03:00 PM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The general idea is that people play a console game with a controller or a handheld game because they really arent interested in being social. When you sit an actual computer with a mouse and keyboard and internet connection, the primary reason is to BE SOCIAL. You can type easier for texting and use voice chat with a headset.

Blizzard separated itself from other gaming companies because of battle.net 1.0. That was a gaming lobby. Kids in the 1990s logged onto the internet and then onto bnet to chat and then used bnet as a hopping off point to go into starcraft, diablo, or warcraft games.

In the late 2000s, blizzard got the false idea in its head that they distinguished themselves because they took existing genres and “polished” them. That was wrong. So they dismantled their social network and tried making slick games. As a result, starcraft 2 struggled, diablo 3 struggled, and wow lost popularity.

The problem is not ARPGs but a failure to identify why people pick PC gaming over consoles or a handheld.

Blizzard was truly a special gaming company that set itself apart from its competitors when it was built around bnet 1.0. Today, now that the ecosystem has been destroyed, it is just another gaming company.
    This is not really true though. Hearthstone is extremely successful. So is Overwatch. It has everything to do with the genre they are in and their places in the market. You are not going to make a money-making machine out of a traditional RTS game in this day and age. It's that simple. For ARPG, I suspect that it's also heading in the same direction.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2018-08-12 at 02:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    This is not really true though. Hearthstone is extremely successful. So is Overwatch. It has everything to do with the genre they are in and their places in the market. You are not going to make a money-making machine out of a traditional RTS game in this day and age. It's that simple. For ARPG, I suspect that it's also heading in the same direction.
    How are you defining success?

I define success as you take a selection of ARPGs. Diablo used to tower over all other ARPGs because Blizzard had a competitive advantage. That competitive advantage was that Blizzard offered a social community in battle.net 1.0 that added tremendous value to the company and acted as a reliable pipeline feeding customers to its games. That pipeline secured its future and branded the company as a success.

If you want to talk about Overwatch, its among other games in its genre but it doesn't tower over them like past Blizzard games. There is no competitive advantage for Overwatch. Overwatch brands Blizzard as "just another gaming company" unable to dominate its market. There is no value add to the company to put it over the top like it used to have when it offered a strong social community. Blizz tore down its social community. Without that competitive advantage, if they make a couple of big mistakes with Overwatch game design, their playerbase can drop way off. When Blizzard specialized in providing a social gaming community, it always had that as a fallback to prevent people from leaving for other games if they screwed up game design.

Hearthstone is a different conversation as it created its own market. It was the only online trading card game available on PC and phones globally until Shadowverse. No company is going to rely on inventing brand new markets all the time.

I see people all the time assert that "RTS can't succeed" or "ARPGs can't succeed to today's market" and that's just an empty statement with nothing to back it up. I'm telling you they can, just provide the correct social framework.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2018-08-12 at 02:33 PM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

7+ Year Old Account
    And we have multiple Diablo projects in the works. Some of them are going to take longer than others. But... we may have some things to show you later this year.
    This part most certainly must mean a new class. "Later this year" definitely means BlizzCon and much like how "Rise of the Necromancer" was announced at BlizzCon in 2016 I have a feeling a new class is being announced at this year's BlizzCon.

We already know about this "Book of Adria" as well as the Diablo comic series that Blizzard is doing.

And those were already announced.

Here it comes boyos: incoming Druid class.