Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBeardedOne View Post
    Had a interesting debate at work about stealing from self serve checkouts at supermarkets and then got onto to multi nationals. It was about a 50/50 split.

Personally I have no problems at all with it as mutli bationals and corporations are all scum that do nothing for humanity.
    If you or your children are hungry and stealing food is your last resort you have the moral right to do so...that is it. Stealing is something you do, who you are stealing from is irrelevant, others immoral behavior does not justify yours.

...and The Red Cross is a multi national corporation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    Well if you steal from supermarkets etc you might aswell start to rob people.
    Even if they/someone had fucked you over and you see this as justice, take it to court instead.

Btw, these self checkouts at supermarkets. Doesn't they have random controls every now and then in other countires?
    Video surveillance paired up with the records of the purchase. I heard a rumor about a neighbor who got a bill in the mail after using a self check out and missing an item. Reportedly it was a mistake but I don't even know if this story is true so ...

i turned a person in at wal mart for stealing some groceries.

not because i care about wal mart, but because i wanted to watch them get confronted. you see fear and total embarrassment at one moment. classic.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    So it's now "ok" to steal if it's someone (or something such as a multinational entity) is just "richer" then you are. So I would then assume that if you are ok with this then it would be ok if someone poorer then you took all your stuff to? After all they are poorer then you are so it must be ok.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure why you've used the word stealing here instead of something like taking?? No one can steal from a company like Tesco or Amazon lmao

Deleted
    Your see problems and then pick the wrongest way to "deal" with it.

Quote Originally Posted by looorg View Post
    So it's now "ok" to steal if it's someone (or something such as a multinational entity) is just "richer" then you are. So I would then assume that if you are ok with this then it would be ok if someone poorer then you took all your stuff to? After all they are poorer then you are so it must be ok.
    People always claim that they want free healthcare, but nobody ever proposes a real solution for it. Well here is the solution: If a single person walks into a hospital with a gun and demands free medical attention he will get arrested. If 100 million people walked into hospitals with guns demanding free medical attention, you would have free healthcare instated immediately. That is the solution to getting free healthcare, the population simply decides that they want it and that they aren't going to allow evil corporations to get in the way of what they want. Corporations aren't gods, they are people.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    (...) If 100 million people walked into hospitals with guns demanding free medical attention, you would have free healthcare instated immediately (...)
    lol and also - yeah maybe you would get healthcare immediately and get your income/property tax increased by 100% to cover for it, fees for various licences, parking tickets fine etc etc.
    Things are not that simple and cannot "just" be solved by giving guns to 100 million people...

Quote Originally Posted by Cosca View Post
    lol and also - yeah maybe you would get healthcare immediately and get your income/property tax increased by 100% to cover for it, fees for various licences, parking tickets fine etc etc.
    Things are not that simple and cannot "just" be solved by giving guns to 100 million people...
    How do you plan to extracting such high taxes from 100 million people who have demonstrated that they are willing to collectively shoot any system they find unreasonable? They would have to lower taxes before you end up with millions of people walking into the tax collector's office with guns.
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    You fuck over the low wage workers by stealing, they are the ones the company will punish for letting it happen.

Stealing from those companies to survive? ye, I dont see a moral problem with that.
    Well the person stealing isn't fucking over the employees. It's the COMPANY that is fucking over the employees - let's get that straight.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    I don't care and neither do the companies. If they did care, they wouldn't let you check out items yourself and walk out the door that doesn't even have a security guard on it.
    You don’t have to care about something or someone to expect them to follow the law. Example: all the other people driving on the road.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBeardedOne View Post
    Had a interesting debate at work about stealing from self serve checkouts at supermarkets and then got onto to multi nationals. It was about a 50/50 split.

Personally I have no problems at all with it as mutli bationals and corporations are all scum that do nothing for humanity.
    Well look at it this way, would you like it if someone came to your house and start taking your things? You may think that what you are doing only hurts the company, but if the company starts to lose too much the first thing that they do to cut costs is to start laying off its employees.. So your stealing not only hurts the company but also the people that work for said company..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2018-08-12 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    Not sure why you've used the word stealing here instead of something like taking?? No one can steal from a company like Tesco or Amazon lmao
    Taking something that isn't yours = stealing.

- - - Updated - - -

How do you plan to extracting such high taxes from 100 million people who have demonstrated that they are willing to collectively shoot any system they find unreasonable? They would have to lower taxes before you end up with millions of people walking into the tax collector's office with guns.
    That's either the most brilliant plan to get guns banned or the most brilliant plan to make sure everyone has a gun. Not sure how it would play out. Judging by where the $ is, guns for everyone.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Well the person stealing isn't fucking over the employees. It's the COMPANY that is fucking over the employees - let's get that straight.
    Actually it is fucking over the employees, because they will be the first to go if the company can't pay all their employees due to stealing.. To think otherwise is both naive and stupid..

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Actually it is fucking over the employees, because they will be the first to go if the company can't pay all their employees due to stealing.. To think otherwise is both naive and stupid..
    Whose choice is it to let the employees go?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    People always claim that they want free healthcare, but nobody ever proposes a real solution for it. Well here is the solution: If a single person walks into a hospital with a gun and demands free medical attention he will get arrested. If 100 million people walked into hospitals with guns demanding free medical attention, you would have free healthcare instated immediately. That is the solution to getting free healthcare, the population simply decides that they want it and that they aren't going to allow evil corporations to get in the way of what they want. Corporations aren't gods, they are people.
    Hospitals in the US generally have armed security and better than average police response times.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    So all those people charged with white collar crimes such as stealing money from any company are just imaginary then?

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Just out of curiosity. How exactly is your economical system going to work when ruled by the 100 million strong gun-toting mob? Who would want to create, produce or provide anything when the mob will just eventually come around and take it all "for free".

Does the gun-toting mob mentality also apply to other things, beyond free healthcare? Will they rush the Apple office to take their latest Iphone from the hands of the evil corporate overlords?

Also there is no such thing as free healthcare. Someone pays. What you want is tax-paid healthcare then. It's not "free". Someone pays somewhere. The building, the equipment and all the people that work there doesn't do it "for free" cause they just really enjoy being at the hospital and helping their fellow man.

Quote Originally Posted by LonerStoner View Post
    Hospitals in the US generally have armed security and better than average police response times.
    Yeah, but every hospital would be dealing with a literal army of armed citizens. Even the military wouldn't be able to stand in the way of a mass violent uprising.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Whose choice is it to let the employees go?
    For any company to stay afloat they will lay off staff to try and avoid from going bankrupt..

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    For any company to stay afloat they will lay off staff to try and avoid from going bankrupt..
    I see we just fundamentally disagree on how companies (and the world) should be run.