Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    People need to be aware that mentally ill people don't act the way you would expect normal people to act and therefore you need to approach them with caution.
    Normal people don't act the way you would expect normal people to act either.

The world is hardly picturesque

"Mentally ill" refers to a broad range of people, ranging from somebody with a bit of anxiety to somebody who is a psychotic sadistic killer. You can only judge the person on a individual basis by their diagnosis but especially by their actions. Being a sociopath/psychopath are probably the most dangerous traits to possess because as long as somebody has empathy, they are far less likely to harm somebody else for non-self-defence reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Huulo View Post
    My whole point was that it's not the cause, and that the statistics back up that point.
    Well then we are both correct it seems.

EDIT: Nevermind, you're wrong. You said they weren't correlated, which is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Well then we are both correct it seems.

EDIT: Nevermind, you're wrong. You said they weren't correlated, which is wrong.
    Do you have a source for a correlation between mental illness and violent crime? I assume that's what you're reffering to.

Do you have a source for a correlation between mental illness and violent crime? I assume that's what you're reffering to.
    Yes, you linked it to me. Also, it's not about 'violent' crime, it's about crime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Imagine focusing on one point and ignoring the fact people generalize both groups. That's why they're an example I brought up.
    You're really bad at examples and should just stop. Not even close.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I cut a small hole through a cardboard box and enclosed myself in it, I too could have limited views on life.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Yes, you linked it to me. Also, it's not about 'violent' crime, it's about crime.
    You're using the statistical definition of correlation, which is fine. Just so you know, when correlation was first brought up the poster was clearly using it in the more casual way to mean causation. I was only ever speaking of causation. I think that's where you got confused.

You're using the statistical definition of correlation, which is fine. Just so you know, when correlation was first brought up the poster was clearly using it in the more casual way to mean causation. I was only ever speaking of causation. I think that's where you got confused.
    There is no such thing as 'the casual way of correlation means causation.' You were not speaking of causation. You said correlation. In the previous sentence. It's OK to make a simple mistake, just move on. And apologize to those you called wrong ironically.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    It's not unusual to be disturbed by people who seem 'touched in the head' and act very unusually. We're used to certain behaviors, and people who don't follow those can make you worry they might lash out at random. Most of them are harmless though, and you should try to keep that in mind. Being cautious isn't wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    He seems really threatened by 150 pound people, suggesting that is far more than he is. I wonder if it's a good time pointing out, that anorexia is a mental disorder?
    To be 150lbs and anorexic you'd have to be pretty tall and broad.
    Last edited by The Stormbringer; 2018-08-12 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    To be 150lbs and anorexic you'd have to be pretty tall and broad.
    Think you missed the point
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

There is no such thing as 'the casual way of correlation means causation.' You were not speaking of causation. You said correlation. In the previous sentence. It's OK to make a simple mistake, just move on. And apologize to those you called wrong ironically.
    I said causation quite clearly several times. The one time I mentioned correlation was when I asked if you had a source. I think you are confused.

I said causation quite clearly several times. The one time I mentioned correlation was when I asked if you had a source. I think you are confused.
    >>Uses wrong word.
    >>Is wrong.
    >>Calls others confused.

This is the problem with the world right now. It's you.

>>Uses wrong word.
    >>Is wrong.
    >>Calls others confused.

This is the problem with the world right now. It's you.
    You claimed I said there wasn't a correlation. Um, when?

I have never heard that the majority consider mentally ill people to be 100% harmless.
    Mother pus bucket!

Because mentally well people are just as capable of being dangerous. Also treating people like they're dangerous is a good way to make sure that they are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    You have thousands upon thousands of mentally ill individuals (such as incels and 4chaners) who harass and bully people all day long and they go undiagnosed. Even a sane person is dangerous. People need to be aware that mentally ill people don't act the way you would expect normal people to act and therefore you need to approach them with caution.
    This is literally calling out to demonize mentally ill people. You are literally saying right now that people should have a worry for mentally ill people for no apparent reason other than 'it could be'. And then you choose to mark them in groups of people that isn't in ANYWAY connected to mental health other than some might have problems.

And I find it utterly disgusting that you believe mentally ill are more prone to be a problem. I've seen people with rage fits be more of a danger than a mentally ill person. And if you have a rage fit, or phobia, I don't see you as sane either.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    (such as incels and 4chaners)
    Hmmmmm..............

Cos being "afraid" is a bad place to be to look at a problem and find solutions. Its what dumb people do.

There's a lot more dangerous sane people than there are dangerous insane people.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland