Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    the exact enough to buy the new mount? Kappa

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by arel00 View Post
    Besides, if you really received gold without having paid for it you can appeal the ban and prove you got it for free - which isn't a bannable offense. It's not like sending Blizzard bank/credit statements is that much of a problem.
    There isn't any proof you can provide that will prove you got it for free. Blizzard won't accept bank statements because you aren't limited to one bank. That's just a silly idea.

If you get accused of buying gold in this scenario there is nothing you can provide to help your case.

Seems like an efficient way of getting you enemies banned.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    So we are to take it that someone is spending $15 a pop to scam strangers into being banned. Sounds unlikely.
    That's exactly what I'm suggesting. People using this method to get someone they really dislike banned. 15 dollars is nothing compared to the hundreds/thousands of dollars spent on the other person's account.

This is a form of ultimate trolling. People pay 15 dollars just to troll trade chat. Why wouldn't they pay 15 dollars to get someone's account perma banned?
    Last edited by mmoce81e69ea37; 2018-08-14 at 03:13 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    There isn't any proof you can provide that will prove you got it for free. Blizzard won't accept bank statements because you aren't limited to one bank. That's just a silly idea.

If you get accused of buying gold in this scenario there is nothing you can provide to help your case.

Beside the fact that Blizzard takes your history into account, and I have a clean slate 15 years long. If you didn't commit a bannable offense, you get out of it, simple as that. It may take some time communicating, but you will get clean. If you did buy thew gold well, sucks to be you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Efficient? You have to buy an account, scam up a ton of gold, and then manage to give it to a specific person before your account gets banned. Doesn't seem to be anything close to efficient about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Either your guild mate is lying or you are. He bought gold and got hit afterwards. There's no way you are telling the whole story here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    Efficient? You have to buy an account, scam up a ton of gold, and then manage to give it to a specific person before your account gets banned. Doesn't seem to be anything close to efficient about that.
    Neither of those are as difficult as you think they are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    Either your guild mate is lying or you are. He bought gold and got hit afterwards. There's no way you are telling the whole story here.
    I don't understand what's so implausible here? Are you implying that if this situation happened to you that you wouldn't be banned for it? Of course you would. When GMs look at the logs all they see it a large sum of scammed gold being traded to another party. The only explanation they will come up with is exploitation of the economy/ gold scamming, there is no other reasoning.

you really expect us to believe someone would, 1. pay money to buy the game. 2. scam up that amount of gold. 3. give it to someone just to get them banned. Really? Are you really this gullible?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Senistian View Post
    you really expect us to believe someone would, 1. pay money to buy the game. 2. scam up that amount of gold. 3. give it to someone just to get them banned. Really? Are you really this gullible?
    You really believe that there aren't any low lives out there who take pleasure in having other people suffer? You think everyone is a saint? Who is really gullible here.

If your account got banned due to randum influxes of large sums of gold, chances are good its because your account already has a history of suspicious behaviour.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

I don't understand what's so implausible here? Are you implying that if this situation happened to you that you wouldn't be banned for it? Of course you would. When GMs look at the logs all they see it a large sum of scammed gold being traded to another party. The only explanation they will come up with is exploitation of the economy/ gold scamming, there is no other reasoning.
    I wouldn't accept gold from someone I don't know.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know you can get banned if you accept gold from strangers because blizzard will assume you bought the gold.

Blizzard have terrible decision makers, hopefully it'll change.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    As others have said I don't think this is a true story, I think we're only getting half of the story if that. More likely your guildie did something exploitative and got caught.

Quote Originally Posted by WurstKaeseSzenario View Post
    Whenever I read such stuff it awfully sound like an excuse from someone who got legitimately banned for buying gold on a website and doesn't want to admit it.
    You don't get banned for buying gold. If they banned people for buying gold you COULD literally aim the ban hammer at someone you don't like. If you end up with bought gold on your account and Blizzard actually notices they just remove the gold. You'd be surprised how many people are very open about their gold buying. You probably have guildies that do it, unfortunately. I personally don't see any reason for it, but people do it and those services keep on existing. Though, thankfully, Blizzard did take a huge bite out of them with the WoW token.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Deleted
    You said you have prove. Talk is cheap, prove it.

The OP is incredibly guillible, naive, daft, or trolling. Either way this thread is nothing more than spreading FUD.

Sounds like the sort of BS excuse a 12-14 year old would attempt to use...
    Last edited by Iliena; 2018-08-14 at 03:44 PM.

What a bullshit, no one spends money (even if it is just a miniscule amount) and hours pointlessly farming or scamming gold just to possibly get some single random stranger banned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    What a bullshit, no one spends money (even if it is just a miniscule amount) and hours pointlessly farming or scamming gold just to possibly get some single random stranger banned.
    It really just takes 15 dollars and an hour of effort during peak hours during big times sale periods (end of expansions, pre patches etc) to destroy hours and thousands of dollars worth of effort on whomever. Most of the time it's not a stranger, it's someone or a group of people/guild who's been targeted.

So, what you are saying is, Blizz can see that your toon had a large influx of gold, but, magically can't see that at the same time the other toon went down that much, not very plausible....

10+ Year Old Account
    Man. 15$ and an hour of effort to be the most vindictive bitch possible to someone who pissed me off?

That is... Definitely a great revenge play.

10+ Year Old Account
    I give gold to people all the time, mostly new players or guildmates....I never heard of this scam. People show do know how to fuck up shit for the next person.