Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I never argued otherwise? Not sure why you're singling me out.
    because you're the one who jumped in to add his needed two cents. Therefore I'm using you to make the point of the original post that you felt the need to jump into... if you don't like that it happened consider it before the next time....¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by riptal View Post
    The only thing I wanted to point is that you're not telling the fact when you say that you have to grind old stuff before getting the new content! It's untrue!
    Obviously if they really want one of the new races they'll want to start out with that character and not have to play a character they don't like just to unlock it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Officially, you are right, they are listed as a features. PRACTICALLY speaking, if you release that feature in another expansion (fully released, no little teaser in just the pre-patch), it becomes a feature of the previous expansion. Sure, they announced it for BfA. But what patch were Allied Races added in? 7.3.5. Now, is the 7 expansion BfA? No? Gotcha. So it is actually Legion content.

Marketing and the practical use of something are not the same thing. They were initially MARKETING it as a feature of BfA. PRACTICALLY, it was a feature of Legion as that is when it was released.

Additionally, the rest of what I said stands. Void Elves, Nightborne, Lightforged Draenei and Highmountain Tauren are LEGION content. They exist during BfA, but by that same token, then Pandaren are BfA content because they exist during it. Unlocking Legion content requires doing Legion content.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they should lower the rep requirement. Hiding these races behind exalted is a bit overkill, considering it is outdated content.

Maybe honored would be a good place. Still forces you to do the content but cuts out most of the "farm worldquests till bar is full" that adds nothing to the story experience.

Quote Originally Posted by jcf190 View Post
    It's quick and easy. So if it's too much work for you, feel free to not do it. You have plenty of other races to choose from during character creation. You're not going to get sympathy from the people who did the grind when it was relevant.
    lol, this is a dog shit lie. It's not quick, it is easy. I'm not defending the fact that he doesn't want to do the work, but saying it's quick is a fucking lie.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Did I get access to them by buying legion? Are they listed as a feature in ANY advertising for Legion? How you can say they are legion content baffles me.
    Did you get them during Legion? Let me ask you this: Is the Netherlight Crucible Legion content? Did you get access to it when you bought Legion? Is it listed as a feature in ANY Legion advertising? No? Stupid arguments are stupid.

The 4 races being mentioned are Legion in lore, in implementation, in discovery, in every possible way of looking at it. The system to unlock those races, while ADVERTISED for another expansion, was fully implemented in 7.3.5. Not 8.0.0. Not 8.0.1. Not any patch with beginning with an 8, signifying BfA. The system became Legion content when it was released during Legion and not just during the pre-patch. Advertising means nothing. Otherwise, if they release the Dance Studio in, say, 9.3, should we still call that WotLK because they announced they were going to do it during Wrath?

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I think they should lower the rep requirement. Hiding these races behind exalted is a bit overkill, considering it is outdated content.

Maybe honored would be a good place. Still forces you to do the content but cuts out most of the "farm worldquests till bar is full" that adds nothing to the story experience.
    I would argue the same for every rep reward. But, until they make it easier to get lower impact rep rewards (mounts, gear, etc...), why should they reduce the requirements for a higher impact rep reward (i.e. allied race)? Generally, something that has more impact should be harder to get. Right?

It wasnt so bad, came back a week ago from honored, gonna hit exalted after i get off from work today. Dont know if thats a new reward, but the Kill infernal quest rewards 2 boa 250 rep tokens, i just did it on my alts and got 4k in 2 days. I dont know if it was luck that it was up back to back. Just a bit rough trying it on an undergeared alt cause its a bit hard to solo, but just ask in general, there should be someone questing nearby or wants it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Zegi View Post
    hmm I don't want to return to legion to get bfa content unlocked?
    Void elves and Lightforged as well as the 2 horde races were Legion races, while the BFA preorder did unlock them they were still Legion content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BlakeArt View Post
    I could understand the requirement before the launch of the expansion. But now that it have been released, I don't see a reason to keep those requirement in place. Blizzard stated they would remain for now, but I doubt very much so.

I have some friends returning complaining about it, and I think they are right to do so.
    So in other words...you think something that was given to players as a pre-order bonus they had to work for should be given for free to the people who didn't pre-order?

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    I would argue the same for every rep reward. But, until they make it easier to get lower impact rep rewards (mounts, gear, etc...), why should they reduce the requirements for a higher impact rep reward (i.e. allied race)? Generally, something that has more impact should be harder to get. Right?
    thats some twisted logic. You cant do any content without a character.

What you're saying is that a new player who wants to play as a void elf, has to level up or use their boost on a race that isnt locked behind rep, then level it up, grind out the rep in old content and then they can finally play the race they want.

Its convoluted. I got the rep required easily because I was chasing the mounts locked behind the paragon system and I dont feel like I earned those races. It was just messy rules. I dunno why that makes you feel high and mighty for having them unlocked.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Did I get access to them by buying legion? Are they listed as a feature in ANY advertising for Legion? How you can say they are legion content baffles me.
    There is TONS of stuff we will get during BFA that wasn't listed as BFA features.... dont be silly, you are just stretching and grasping for straws at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Zegi View Post
    A new expansion launched > Returning player likes to play a void elf > He can't, he needs to return to legion content and grind = wtf ?
    Boo fucking hoo.

They'll nerf requirements soon enough. A big enough part of the whiny minority is making noise about it.

"I did a couple world quests when it was argus chest daily and unlocked the races, I sweated and grinded for them so they can too"

seriously thats some bullshit logic.

Unlocking the races was incredibly easy and done without thinking if you were after the mounts / items on Argus lets not pretend like you worked for them

Quote Originally Posted by Thagrynor View Post
    Did you get them during Legion? Let me ask you this: Is the Netherlight Crucible Legion content? Did you get access to it when you bought Legion? Is it listed as a feature in ANY Legion advertising? No? Stupid arguments are stupid.

The 4 races being mentioned are Legion in lore, in implementation, in discovery, in every possible way of looking at it. The system to unlock those races, while ADVERTISED for another expansion, was fully implemented in 7.3.5. Not 8.0.0. Not 8.0.1. Not any patch with beginning with an 8, signifying BfA. The system became Legion content when it was released during Legion and not just during the pre-patch. Advertising means nothing. Otherwise, if they release the Dance Studio in, say, 9.3, should we still call that WotLK because they announced they were going to do it during Wrath?
    You need to buy BFA to be able to use that feature.
    No matter how you want to twist it to suit your argument, this is a BFA feature.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Exalted is excessive imo. Revered is tough too but seems more fair if it must be tied to rep.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Void elves and Lightforged as well as the 2 horde races were Legion races, while the BFA preorder did unlock them they were still Legion content.
    Races yes, ability to play them no.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyWayneRuddick View Post

What you're saying is that a new player who wants to play as a void elf, has to level up or use their boost on a race that isnt locked behind rep, then level it up, grind out the rep in old content and then they can finally play the race they want.

Its convoluted. I got the rep required easily because I was chasing the mounts locked behind the paragon system and I dont feel like I earned those races. It was just messy rules. I dunno why that makes you feel high and mighty for having them unlocked.
    I have no idea what you mean. All I was saying is that currently:

1) If you want a mount that requires an Exalted rep, you have to get to the appropriate level and grind that rep.
    2) If you want an allied race that requires Exalted rep, you have to get to the appropriate level and grind that rep.

Reducing the rep requirement for #2 above and not for #1 above makes no sense to me. If you want to reduce the rep requirement for #2, then I think you should also reduce the rep requirement for #1. That is all I'm saying. Nothing about being "high and mighty"....

Quote Originally Posted by BillyWayneRuddick View Post

Sunk cost fallacy.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    I have no idea what you mean. All I was saying is that currently:

1) If you want a mount that requires an Exalted rep, you have to grind that rep.
    2) If you want an allied race that requires Exalted rep, you have to grind that rep.

Removing the rep requirement for #2 above and not for #1 above makes no sense to me. If you want to reduce the rep requirement for #2, then I think you should also reduce the rep requirement for #1. That is what I'm saying. Nothing about being "high and mighty"....
    you're confused because you're comparing a race to play the game with to an in game reward.

If you view races as in game rewards then all the power to you.

I think races should be an option at the log in screen when you create a character. And having some races restricted behind quite late game content seems rather pointless when trying to get new players in. And it wasnt exciting content either, you simply grinded argus dailies which were more beneficial to do during legion. Now they offer very little.