Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenais View Post
    Well, Calia supposedly has a daughter. Question is whether it is still counted as heir apparent, because we know next to nothing about said daughter and what type of succession did apply in the Kingdom of Lordaeron. Given that Calia was for quite some time considered as a possible heir to the throne, at the very least, it wasn't strictly exclusive patrilineal primogeniture, but we do not know if said daughter would be eligible for the throne of Lordaeron per the Kingdom's laws, or whether someone married to her would be.
    On the other hand, Calia being a lightforged undead doesn't strictly preclude her from occupying the throne. She is capable of performing the royal function, and she is current heir apparent.
    That is all hypothetical, however. As is now, the Alliance is effectively the occupying power of Tirisfal Glades, therefore, of the area that belonged to the Kingdom of Lordaeron. Said kingdom was not renewed as of yet, and even if it was, the Alliance leadership can designate a leader for said kingdom simply by the right of conquest (as of now, anyway). The decision is likely going to be more political than going with primogeniture. If one is made at all, as the area in its current state is effectively dead and useless.
    when it is said this? all i remember is that she never was meant to succed anything and in fact she wasnt never thaught nothing about politic. only the basis to be a political marriage and nothing more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    when it is said this? all i remember is that she never was meant to succed anything and in fact she wasnt never thaught nothing about politic. only the basis to be a political marriage and nothing more.
    It's not about being ready or knowing anything about ruling, just talking about a hypothetical heir. Considering that House Menethil male line is extinct, the most senior woman of the House would be the heir apparent. If Calia was to rule, she would obviously have to be taught and advised in a rather large extent, however, she is, at the moment, at the top of the order of succession to the House of Menethil and titles that are inherited by the head of the house. We're talkinhg hypothetically, of course; Calia didn't provide any such claim as of yet (that I am aware of), however, if she would, she would very likely get the support of the Alliance, and thus, would become the queen of Lordaeron.

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroxis View Post
    There are multiple glaring holes in the theory that the mother is Calia. For one how did Calia not hear about Bolvar when she was in Stormwind? His role was not kept secret. He was the leader of the city for multiple years, was a famous military command and (to the laymen) the biggest casualty of the war against the Lich King on the Alliance's side. Furthermore, Calia says her husband was a footman from Lordaeron, not a Knight (and later Regent Lord) from Stormwind. Also why would Calia arbitrarily lie about Bolvar to Anduin's face?

It also reads like really horrible fan fiction where every character needs to be related or revealed to be related wayyyyyyyy after the fact completely hamfistedly.

Serves no purpose other than for people to go, 'wow dat was cool.' The fact that she's related to even Bolvar is stupid and clearly just a set up to give Anduin a noble bride. She couldn't have just been a badass lady who helps you literally save all of Kul Tiras, nope. She also has to be Bolvar's daughter.

Because Warcraft is now full shonen mode. Which means its going to end up being true. Why can't we just have cool new characters who don't have to be hamfistedly buoyed on the back of existing lore characters from the past?
    I think Tchaikovsky gun apply here, if you introduce a plot element i expect it to be used in it's development, otherwise, there is no point at all of introducing it.

No random Kultirian could play a hero part, they just introduced a character that can participate later in history and be impactful.

We have to understand, that Blizzard's ability to develop story is limited (budget, time, interest), spending it on any character would be just a waste, and one of my biggest complaints about them is the lack of character development that we have on already set characters.

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    "Legit" heir of lordaeron is whoever sylvanas chooses regardless of if you like her or not, she took it by right of conquest and she can declare her heir. In fact she took it from Arthas, the former ruler of the kingdom who also declared the kingdom "fallen" so thats .. double jeopardy I guess for the menethil line?

If the king fucks up the kingdom, the next in line doesn't get to say .. "ehm it was going to be my turn next, can we get a do over?"

p.s - if it turns out alliance gets to hold the whole territory permanetly by the end of BFA, it would become part of the kingdom of stormwind unless anduin decides to designate a ruler there so still being from menethil line means jack shit.
    I don't think you understand how royalty works. For the alliance they would want to restore the legitimate heir to the throne because it solidifies alliances within the Alliance and that's just how royal bloodlines work, if you have a legitimate claim to a throne it lends legitimacy to itself so people stand behind you and with you.

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Yeah Taelia is Calia's daugther, it's so obvious it makes me want to puke.

And they are forcing her down our throats same way they did with Yrel - "oh I'm such a cute and unexperienced girl, but make no mistake, in a patch or three, I'm going to be a strong, independent woman character with a lot of relevance to the story plot for no other reason than to add another strong, independed woman character into it."

Her existance also means that Wrathion + Anduin will never happen, as our new exciting female character was surely tailored to be High King's Bae. Ok, I know Wranduin was never going to happen anyway, but at least I could have some hope, now it's all gone.
    Anduin needs babies, his whole bloodline is running thin... He can have fun with dragons in fan fic

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    she is still alive, and yeah she is still the heir.
    I wasn't aware her name is Kel'thuzad. He is currently lost but not gone

King Arthas: You have been a loyal friend, Kel'Thuzad. I don't know what the future holds, or if I'll even return, but I want you to watch over this land. See to it that my legacy endures.
    Kel'Thuzad: I shall, King Arthas, I shall.

Calia is a Holy Undead.

Considering what she did at the Forsaken Gathering after Parqual's defection, it's her throne and no one will tell her otherwise.

Given how close she it with Anduin and Faol, it's only a matter of time before she's in Lordaeron again.

Sylvanas's massacre of the Desolate Counsil forever changed Anduin, Calia, and Faol.

Faol is currently grooming her for the throne.
    Last edited by Oftenwrongsoong; 2018-08-17 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerbill Society View Post
    I think Tchaikovsky gun apply here, if you introduce a plot element i expect it to be used in it's development, otherwise, there is no point at all of introducing it.

No random Kultirian could play a hero part, they just introduced a character that can participate later in history and be impactful.

We have to understand, that Blizzard's ability to develop story is limited (budget, time, interest), spending it on any character would be just a waste, and one of my biggest complaints about them is the lack of character development that we have on already set characters.
    Yes, new characters who aren't hamfisted children of other characters can be heroes in the story.

Because its happened before.

This is just incredibly poor storytelling to force a character to be important rather than show us why she is.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerbill Society View Post
    Anduin needs babies, his whole bloodline is running thin... He can have fun with dragons in fan fic
    Well, Wrathion wouldn't need babies though. Dragons live long enough for the current narrative!

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post

King Arthas: You have been a loyal friend, Kel'Thuzad. I don't know what the future holds, or if I'll even return, but I want you to watch over this land. See to it that my legacy endures.
    Arthas lost any claim to Lordaeron in civil world the moment he kills his father.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post

kel'thuzad is actually not alive, he is stuck in the shadowlands
    also blood>appointed
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    kel'thuzad is actually not alive, he is stuck in the shadowlands
    also blood>appointed
    Technically Kel'thuzad is in or around his phylactery - the second of which we never found, at least not in-game. I don't know if the phylactery is its own place, so to speak, or simply an extrusion of the Shadowlands while a Lich isn't physically present in their undead form.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Technically Kel'thuzad is in or around his phylactery - the second of which we never found, at least not in-game. I don't know if the phylactery is its own place, so to speak, or simply an extrusion of the Shadowlands while a Lich isn't physically present in their undead form.
    aparently he is trapped in the shadowlands
    as stated by volume 3.
    but yeah what exactly that means who knows.

Deleted
    so... alive...
    Then all the Forsaken are alive and everything is a moot point.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    they are alive, but none of them are rightful heirs.

Taelia's mother is probably the random Lady Mara Fordragon who has a statue in the paladin class hall. Patron saint of the Stormwind refugees who fled to Lordaeron, so someone from Stormwind but who lived for at least some time in Stormwind. She would actually have had a way to know Bolvar.
    There's a very fine line between not listening, and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life. ~ Private Leonard Church

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Since when common peasants have royal claims? If we go that way Alliance also have living peasants from Lordaeron.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Byne View Post
    Taelia's mother is probably the random Lady Mara Fordragon who has a statue in the paladin class hall. Patron saint of the Stormwind refugees who fled to Lordaeron, so someone from Stormwind but who lived for at least some time in Stormwind. She would actually have had a way to know Bolvar.
    Wasn't she his mother? I don't remember where I read that. I may be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripsnarl View Post
    Wasn't she his mother? I don't remember where I read that. I may be wrong.
    Nah, thats just speculation. The entirety of what we know about her are the four lines on the plaque on her statue:

Lady Mara Fordragon

High Clerist of Stormwind

Patron of the Refugees who fled to Lordaeron after the First War.

She was the bright mother of our future. May she rest in the Light.
    But Blizz definitely had BfA stuff in mind when designing Legion stuff, as evidenced by the shipwrecked Zandalari and Kul Tirans in Azsuna, so its not unreasonable to assume they'd put Taelia's mother in.
    There's a very fine line between not listening, and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life. ~ Private Leonard Church

she is still alive, and yeah she is still the heir.
    Is she not undead? I wouldn't call that 'alive'.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripsnarl View Post
    Since when common peasants have royal claims? If we go that way Alliance also have living peasants from Lordaeron.
    You know that there are nobles among the Forsaken, right?

- - - Updated - - -

they are alive, but none of them are rightful heirs.
    Then the claim "the dead can't have claims" is moot?