Page 63 of 82 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I am not miserable... concerned, and confused more like it... at this point I give up... I am just going to enjoy doing what I did before this... read...
    You seriously need an active hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenGoldSharpie View Post
    You seriously need an active hobby.
    I propose long distance biking. Good way to meet average people, the good the bad and the leave me alone types, and see the country for what it really is lol.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    I propose long distance biking. Good way to meet average people, the good the bad and the leave me alone types, and see the country for what it really is lol.
    Hell, there are a LOT of hobbies. My mental health dramatically improved when I dropped gaming for aquarium fishkeeping. None of the toxicity, it can be artistic, and it has a remarkably helpful community both on and off line giving forums and regional clubs (I still belong to the St. Louis club). I can't have big tanks anymore, but I'm taking a deep dive into an Amazon biotope in a 10 gallon, and it's exciting, fun, and social.

5+ Year Old Account
    I have many... Drawing, Playing Classical Guitar, gardening, playing D&D, programming, reading... etc...

I still like reading the most.
    Only one of those potentially gets you out of the house.

Hell, there are a LOT of hobbies. My mental health dramatically improved when I dropped gaming for aquarium fishkeeping. None of the toxicity, it can be artistic, and it has a remarkably helpful community both on and off line giving forums and regional clubs (I still belong to the St. Louis club). I can't have big tanks anymore, but I'm taking a deep dive into an Amazon biotope in a 10 gallon, and it's exciting, fun, and social.
    That sounds like a fun one. I was big into hermit crab care communities until mine all died due to bad soil, I think it was the reason at least. Since then i stray away from animal keeping hobbies due to wellll... I dont wanna kill more things on accident >.>

5+ Year Old Account
    That sounds like a fun one. I was big into hermit crab care communities until mine all died due to bad soil, I think it was the reason at least. Since then i stray away from animal keeping hobbies due to wellll... I dont wanna kill more things on accident >.>
    See, that's why I like it. It's one thing to have dogs and cats, but to care for something that is alive but different in its needs is different. I was raised in the hobby, and my dad has made several trips to Peru to collect angelfish to keep a fifteen year strain of fish going. It blows my mind that the original pair's genes are probably represented in hobbyist kept angelfish throughout the country at this point. It's definitely something I want to do. Travel to the Amazon Basin and go on a fish collecting tour, getting muddy, wet, and building relationships with others who want the same. Hell, even your relationship with the animals is closer.

It's a deep hobby, and that's actually what I'm suggesting. Not fishkeeping necessarily, but something that is deep, involved, and social.

As a few people mentioned in the early part of this thread, this was predictable.

The Right will use this to galvanize their rank and file, eventually there will be a new social media platform that caters to conservatives or just general free speech advocates, and the country will be a little more divided, a little more polarized and a little more in their own bubbles.

I guess we should just accept it.

TRUMP ACCUSES SOCIAL MEDIA COMPANIES OF CENSORING CONSERVATIVES
    https://www.newsweek.com/trump-accus...atives-1079143
    They already exist and they're called Youtube, facebook, twitter, 4chan, tumblr, reddit, and the dark web. They won't go anywhere else, they'll bitch and whine about how they are being treated unfairly but still use it.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

15+ Year Old Account
    The right has already tried to create their own sites for various things that they feel are unfriendly to conservatives, and the social media scene has already been attempted once. You're not going to see some kind of mass migration from facebook and twitter without extremely good reason, and Alex Jones is not that reason. Right-friendly social media, dating sites, etc. have all been tried and have flopped gloriously into the depths of the internet, like a tiny ship sinking into a bottomless ocean.

So much stuff in our modern world is connected to facebook and twitter that the right would have to invent new platforms for every single convenience people enjoy in their every day lives from the ground up in addition to making them profitable. The first is easier, the second not so much. Don't be surprised when nobody signs up for "ChristianPages" or "FamilyValuesSpace". ChristianMingle is one of the few right-friendly web services that has survived, and even then it has had massive problems attracting women to their service for its entire history. I wonder why...
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    The right has already tried to create their own sites for various things that they feel are unfriendly to conservatives, and the social media scene has already been attempted once. You're not going to see some kind of mass migration from facebook and twitter without extremely good reason, and Alex Jones is not that reason. Right-friendly social media, dating sites, etc. have all been tried and have flopped gloriously into the depths of the internet, like a tiny ship sinking into a bottomless ocean.

So much stuff in our modern world is connected to facebook and twitter that the right would have to invent new platforms for every single convenience people enjoy in their every day lives from the ground up in addition to making them profitable. The first is easier, the second not so much. Don't be surprised when nobody signs up for "ChristianPages" or "FamilyValuesSpace". ChristianMingle is one of the few right-friendly web services that has survived, and even then it has had massive problems attracting women to their service for its entire history. I wonder why...
    Remember when they tried to make a right wing "Daily Show"? The 1/2 Hour News Hour, it was not gud.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Remember when they tried to make a right wing "Daily Show"? The 1/2 Hour News Hour, it was not gud.
    Holy shit, I never knew that existed and I wish I still didn't. That was a painfully unfunny 7 minutes.

I got 2 giggles out of that bit at least. The Kim part and the "cant tell the difference from tv and reality" one. Honestly, this sounds like a fun thing to binge if its on the internet sometime. So much cringe.

I love that back in 2007 we were still in the age of comparing lgbt rights to pedos.

15+ Year Old Account
    God it's no wonder it failed miserably. Not only was that unfunny, but it reminded me that not only have Republicans been campaigning against Hillary being president for the last 15 years, but it also reminded me of a time when it was widely considered by the majority of the population that a wall was a dumb idea.

How did people get so much dumber?

That comic was made in the middle of the Bush administration, and most people in Washington even thought the wall idea was a joke.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

See, that's why I like it. It's one thing to have dogs and cats, but to care for something that is alive but different in its needs is different. I was raised in the hobby, and my dad has made several trips to Peru to collect angelfish to keep a fifteen year strain of fish going. It blows my mind that the original pair's genes are probably represented in hobbyist kept angelfish throughout the country at this point. It's definitely something I want to do. Travel to the Amazon Basin and go on a fish collecting tour, getting muddy, wet, and building relationships with others who want the same. Hell, even your relationship with the animals is closer.

It's a deep hobby, and that's actually what I'm suggesting. Not fishkeeping necessarily, but something that is deep, involved, and social.
    Ahh I understand now, we are sorta on the same thing with him then. Basically, do something to get out of the house more and stop absorbing the toxic shit of the internet!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    Not sure if it's been mentioned (since this thread is freaking long) But looks like Twitter has locked Alex jones twitter for a week.
    Yeah, it was pointed out, and we got the token, "MUH CENSORSHIP MONOPOLIES!" reply from our resident righties and apologists.

I have many... Drawing, Playing Classical Guitar, gardening, playing D&D, programming, reading... etc...

I still like reading the most.
    I recommend adding scuba diving. Due to health issues my wife can not bike (dizzy spells) or hike anymore. However she loves diving. Floating weightless in the ocean water feels good to her. She loves playing with my underwater camera. She would take hundred of pictures each dive and spent hours editing them. A picture from our dive in Point Lobos two weeks ago. I always carried a spare tank for her. For some reason, the same air supply that would allow 170-lb male to last for 40 minutes under water only last 20 – 25 minutes for my 115-lb wife.

5+ Year Old Account
    Ahh I understand now, we are sorta on the same thing with him then. Basically, do something to get out of the house more and stop absorbing the toxic shit of the internet!
    That's the intent. I'm really big on hobbies that you participate day-in-day-out too. With fish I feed them daily, clean their tanks and water change them weekly, and constantly play with the chemistry and address the needs of my fish and plants. I like D&D too, but it's much more of a "gathering" hobby like once or twice a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    Well twitter certainly has a past of targeting "wrong think". Yet leaving shit like #killallwhites up. If that's because of a huge user base and not enough resources....who knows. I still think alex started to get o'reily syndrom and started to think he was more than an entertainer.
    Alex Jones is someone who spent too long staring into the abyss and has become consumed by his persona, giving him an absolutely ridiculous level of self worth.
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Nice! That’s cool looking. I’m sure San Diego has some nice diving spots.
    I love diving in San Diego. In summer the water is warm enough that you don't need a wetsuit. That day when we were diving at Point Lobos, the water off Carmel was 52F. Even with wetsuit it was pretty cold.

La Jolla Shore off Avenida De La Playa is perfect for beginner. Flat and sandy by the shore, and further out you have the La Jolla Submarine Canyon and the Underwater Park.

Hospital point is also quite nice. The reef is full of marine life and scenic diving. Super clear water. Perfect for underwater photography.

The Point Loma kelp bed is awesome. Better than the one in Carmel, and on par with New Zealand.

There is the Ecological Reserve off La Jolla Cove.

Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Right-friendly social media, dating sites, etc. have all been tried and have flopped gloriously into the depths of the internet, like a tiny ship sinking into a bottomless ocean.
    Are you saying that the Trump voter dating site failed? Sounds like fake news to me.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

It didn't take long for the market of fake pills to be taken by another conservative

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dk4XYfjVsAId6XL.jpg