Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tisane View Post
    Kinda disappointed that we didn't get to see N'zoth entirely. Yeah we saw more of him than we did until now, but still not entirely. Is it just a huge bunch of tentacles with thousands of eyes? Does it have a face or anything?
    Falls in line with what we've seen of all Old Gods so far, as far as I know. What we saw of C'Thun and Yogg-Saron are not their entire bodies, just a small fraction of them.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think they discovered what a non-diegetic sound is and just went crazy with it.

Deleted
    Not a strong start for Nzoth. He's supposed to be the most cunning and deceitful, no? How fucking awkward is it to watch some night elf chick for 1000 years and when finally get to talk to her he loses his temper almost instantly. Blizzard, don't make Nzoth the Belial of WoW.

stupid bass drops everywhere too.
    Last edited by mmoc7955db53d7; 2018-08-24 at 05:36 PM.

Deleted
    There was a severe lack of Sharasdal in that video........

These are pretty to look at but they contradict so much that it's not worth taking as canon.

Quote Originally Posted by CreatureLives View Post
    I think everyone was just hoping for an extra minute that shows what Azshara is up to at the moment. Or at least teases it. We got something new out of the last 2 Warbringers. Nothing came out of this other than nice visuals.

Weakest but smartest.
    Sylvanas' added nothing and changed her death from WC3, it was the weakest of the three imo, Azshara at least establishes the murky lore around her and the naga a tiny bit, granted we knew all of this, but not the details and the conditions of the bargain

Wow, this was boring. 7 minutes of nothing that could have been told within 2. And the music? Everything that was epic about Jaina's was boring in Azshara's short.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    he created the emerald nightmare etc.
    That was Yogg with saronite.
    And now look at what a screaming idiot he is, and confirmed to be the weakest of the old gods, who was just lucky everything fell in place for him.
    Where is it confirmed?
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

The WoW fanbase right now:

Quote Originally Posted by Arcane-Villain View Post
    Also, anyone has the feeling Azshara is kinda whitewashed? Since when she cared about her people? As far as I remember, she watched massacre of her people with smile, because "all the imperfect must be swept away".
    Maybe she cared about her closest. What did she feel to Xavius?
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Deleted
    So that made Nzoth looks kinda of pathetic.

In lore N'Zoth is a master manipulator. Yet as soon as he hears a no he has a massive angry fit and threatens to murder her. Makes him seem like a child. Doesn't even try a counteroffer or anything..

I think Nzoth play with emotions, all his plans he played with emotions of the mortals so...i guess he pretends to have rage when he just wants to say: "ok, you got me. I need you (until iam free) but lets pretend iam angry"

I personally liked the cinematic, but it had problems. I don't mind Nzoth's voice as I feel it was meant to sound more normal as he's trying to be smooth and make a deal with her, convincing her that she can trust him rather than scare her off, btw if you didn't notice, clearly he can change his voice because at the beginning the whispers saying to let go sound like Azshara herself but it's clearly not her saying it.

I don't care for how Nzoth lost his temper though... kind of took any intimidation he had and threw it out the window.. but I'm willing to accept this may all be part of the con to convince Azshara that he needed her more than she needed him so that she would serve him even if she gets to think of herself as queen.

Don't see what some people are freaking out about any retcons with her caring about her people.. she doesn't care about her people, she cares about her empire, she would sacrifice all her people.. damn all her people.. she did.. so she can keep her empire.

What if Nzoth is merely pretending to be angry so that he can fool Azshara into thinking she has upper hand?
    Quote Originally Posted by sillag View Post
    if you play horde after elegy, you literally do not have a soul.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamespud View Post
    I personally liked the cinematic, but it had problems. I don't mind Nzoth's voice as I feel it was meant to sound more normal as he's trying to be smooth and make a deal with her, convincing her that she can trust him rather than scare her off, btw if you didn't notice, clearly he can change his voice because at the beginning the whispers saying to let go sound like Azshara herself but it's clearly not her saying it.

I don't care for how Nzoth lost his temper though... kind of took any intimidation he had and threw it out the window.. but I'm willing to accept this may all be part of the con to convince Azshara that he needed her more than she needed him so that she would serve him even if she gets to think of herself as queen.

Don't see what some people are freaking out about any retcons with her caring about her people.. she doesn't care about her people, she cares about her empire, she would sacrifice all her people.. damn all her people.. she did.. so she can keep her empire.
    The retcon is the complete absence of Sharasdal, the resto shaman artifact. That's what created the bubble to stop the waves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    That was Yogg with saronite.

Where is it confirmed?
    The shadow priest dagger talks about N'Zoth being the weakest also think chronicles 1 says as much. Nothing about it falling into place though. Just that his the brains not the brawn of the Old Gods

Quote Originally Posted by Sinistrem View Post
    What if Nzoth is merely pretending to be angry so that he can fool Azshara into thinking she has upper hand?
    It's not a what if, it's pretty much blatant IMO. He's not called The Corruptor for nothing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HAHA DOOD LMAO XD XD View Post
    The WoW fanbase right now:

Hadn't considered that hope that's the route they go for.

But I'm bias N'Zoth is one of my favourite wow characters

Quote Originally Posted by Xuen View Post
    The retcon is the complete absence of Sharasdal, the resto shaman artifact. That's what created the bubble to stop the waves.
    Ah I see.. yeah not sure why they didn't even keep it as an easter egg there. Wouldn't have changed anything to have her hold a scepter as she's holding back the tide.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    i can't believe how they portrayed n'zoth.

the first few seconds with him were pretty cool, but then they just turn him into another angry moron like they always do.
    "BLEEEERGH! SERVE ME OR DIE! BLERGH!"

oh fuck off.
    Godly attidute, isn't it?

Forget this. He is great manipulator. As any manipulator, he focuses attention of his victim on some fake purpose, the after argument, he gives up. Now the "winner" gives him what manipulator wants as "act of mercy". The best is that not only Azshara was made a pawn.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    That was my biggest disappointment as well. Azshara was herself, proud and bombastic. N'zoth is supposed to be a master corrupter, but he comes across as painfully in-your-face and generic mwahahaha evil, no subtlety about it or anything.
    He is like ogre, he has many layers. He wants to look like this to fool you.

It was interesting...
    I don’t think that N’zoth is made to be an actual threat here. I think that this entire... Clip..? Animation..? Whatever, I think that it’s mostly made to make it clear that Azshara isn’t N’zoth’s henchman and they both are equally dangerous targets.
    Next the whole “I like deals” thing... As much as I would hate to see Bwonsamdi as N’zoth’s servant, it’s times and times better then if his “boss” turned to be Lich King/Arthas or whatever other horrible speculations made out there.
    I loved that moment when Azshara stopped that enormous wave. It’s rare that we see a non human mage doing something impressive and this was a welcomed sight. And before people start to quote Knaak and others about how Azshara is the strongest mage ever, remember that human potential is stronger...
    All in all it made one of the more boring villains, in my opinion, in Warcraft lore, a lot more entertaining. I’d be happy to deal with her on my new shiny Zandalari (once I would be able to race change my main) and avenge pure and happy troll world lost to her and her purple mutants!
    N’zoth was alright too, I suppose... I mean, we all know that if Jaina would have been in Azshara’s place and said the same lines, her personal fan army would have defended her ability to stand up to gods until they could no longer speak.