Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyw View Post
    I dont dissect everything, I love this expansion so far. thats it rofl. I absolutely hated WoD and unsubbed there, how does this go with your theory? I unsubbed in Cata as well for a period cause I found it to be dull and I HATED that they changed old world zones. how does that go with your theory???

you need to stop being so fucking negative - move on if the game is not for you any longer.

*edit: My point is theres plenty of things that I dislike about current and earlier versions of WoW, LFR, Group finder etc, but as long as the positives and the fun I have in-game outweigh those I stay subbed, as soon as they dont, like in WoD I unsub. easy as that.
    Have to go with Keesasha on that one, you really need to stop white knighting. Also you need to realize opinions =/= facts, facts > opinions and the matter of fact there is a lot of sour things in BfA.

Time gating

Content that's not even in the game yet (warfronts, raids, pvp season, sp/shaman re works)

Allied Races still locked behind stupid mechanics

Scaling issues (I've never started at single digits stats wise during a fresh lvl cap, I actually got as low as 5% haste on my SP)

I've spent more time doing Legion content than doing BfA content (unlocking the last POS allied race I need from Legion), which is just sad and pathetic by Blizzard

So yea people are gonna be pissed, "don't like it then quit", sorry kid but if people actually enjoy something and it turns to crap, they want it to do better cause they love or admire that said thing and they want WoW to do well and not be a Bioware 2.0

You don't like people pointing out WoWs flaws so oh I dunno make WoW an awesome game again then you're part of the problem, not us.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexme View Post
    Have to go with Keesasha on that one, you really need to stop white knighting. Also you need to realize opinions =/= facts, facts > opinions and the matter of fact there is a lot of sour things in BfA.

Time gating

Content that's not even in the game yet (warfronts, raids, pvp season, sp/shaman re works)

Allied Races still locked behind stupid mechanics

Scaling issues (I've never started at single digits stats wise during a fresh lvl cap, I actually got as low as 5% haste on my SP)

I've spent more time doing Legion content than doing BfA content (unlocking the last POS allied race I need from Legion), which is just sad and pathetic by Blizzard

So yea people are gonna be pissed, "don't like it then quit", sorry kid but if people actually enjoy something and it turns to crap, they want it to do better cause they love or admire that said thing and they want WoW to do well and not be a Bioware 2.0

You don't like people pointing out WoWs flaws so oh I dunno make WoW an awesome game again then you're part of the problem, not us.
    Blizzard is a small indie company cut them some slack.

I think Island expeditions are okay
    I think the Azerite system is okay.

BFAs selling point was new content really. It delivered.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    but... why are Legion races tied to Legion reps but Maghar orcs arent tied to Maghar rep from tbc? I mean, maghars had literally zero representation in all of BFA content, why do I need rep with mainly pvp faction to unlock them? ANd IF zandalari trolls become race, will they be retroactively tied to Zandalari Emprie? Or will there be another, differet rep grind? it is all very confusing and pointless...
    very simple and easy question, my friend. Because the legion races....came about......are you ready for it? IN legion. Where as the BFA races (mag'har) are going to come around......I hope you're sitting down......IN BFA as a mission.....now hold on here....FOR that 'mostly pvp' faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Checkt View Post
    very simple and easy question, my friend. Because the legion races....came about......are you ready for it? IN legion. Where as the BFA races (mag'har) are going to come around......I hope you're sitting down......IN BFA as a mission.....now hold on here....FOR that 'mostly pvp' faction.
    they didnt come out in Legion, otherwise you wouldnt need BFA prepurchase...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    they didnt come out in Legion, otherwise you wouldnt need BFA prepurchase...
    I'm sure they're gonna lift the restrictions for Allied Races sometime in the future, unless you can't wait and really wanna play one of those races i suggest you just wait.

One thing i liked was that they were introduced at the end of the expansion, so you could level them up and have them ready for BFA if you wanted to play one.

But the Dark Iron Dwarves/Mag'har are gonna be unlocked in like less than a month for some people. Now who the hell starts a new character 2 months into an expansion? If you want to play one of these races, your only 2 options are race change or leveling another character, then gearing him up and grinding again...yeah, that's not a nice option....

Summary of WoW community:

*expansion X is released*

Person A: "Omfg this expansion is complete garbage. Blizzard ruined WoW. Every aspect of the game completely sucks. I'm unsubbing now. Everyone is unsubbing. I hope Blizzard goes bankrupt."

Person B: "I actually really like this expansion, and I know a lot of people who are also enjoying it. Sure, it has flaws, but most of the features are actually fun and good to the game. Here are the reasons: [insert list of reasons]"

Person A: "Hahaha, look at these Blizzard fanboys always finding a way to white-knight everything that Blizzard does and saying that this greedy cash-grabbing company is perfect, when it is the actual incarnation of the Devil. Wait and see, this expansion is going to be a total failure and Blizzard will have to give up on the franchise."

2 years years later, when expansion Y is released, person A is praising expansion X and saying it was (one of) the best expansion(s) ever and that expansion Y is complete garbage.

It is an unbreakable cycle. It happened in MoP, it happened in Legion, it is happening in BfA and it will happen in 2020 when the next expansion is released.

The funniest thing about it, though, is that person A never actually unsubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Keesasha View Post
    I'm sure they're gonna lift the restrictions for Allied Races sometime in the future, unless you can't wait and really wanna play one of those races i suggest you just wait.

One thing i liked was that they were introduced at the end of the expansion, so you could level them up and have them ready for BFA if you wanted to play one.

But the Dark Iron Dwarves/Mag'har are gonna be unlocked in like less than a month for some people. Now who the hell starts a new character 2 months into an expansion? If you want to play one of these races, your only 2 options are race change or leveling another character, then gearing him up and grinding again...yeah, that's not a nice option....
    I have the allied races unlocked, it isn't an issue for me
    But there are plenty of returning people, who want to try new things and they cant, if you are returning after only mildly playing Legion, you have to farm rep with given faction for weeks before you can unlock them and then level them, but if you didnt play Legion at all and want to play those two races, you even have to level different char to 110 first...

It sounds so off putting for new or returning casual players...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Walross View Post

Person A: "Omfg this expansion is complete garbage. Blizzard ruined WoW. Every aspect of the game completely sucks. I'm unsubbing now. Everyone is unsubbing. I hope Blizzard goes bankrupt."

Person B: "I actually really like this expansion, and I know a lot of people who are also enjoying it. Sure, it has flaws, but most of the features are actually fun and good to the game. Here are the reasons: [insert list of reasons]"

Person A: "Hahaha, look at these Blizzard fanboys always finding a way to white-knight everything that Blizzard does and saying that this greedy cash-grabbing company is perfect, when it is the actual incarnation of the Devil. Wait and see, this expansion is going to be a total failure and Blizzard will have to give up on the franchise."

2 years years later, when expansion Y is released, person A is praising expansion X and saying it was (one of) the best expansion(s) ever and that expansion Y is complete garbage.

It is an unbreakable cycle. It happened in MoP, it happened in Legion, it is happening in BfA and it will happen in 2020 when the next expansion is released.

Well for me at least, ever since the end of MoP it's been all downhill for various reasons, from titanforging to the death of 10m raiding. I enjoy parts of the game, but i sure wish some of the things were different....ofc nobody hates everything, else they wouldn't play the game, but especially as a long-time player it's difficult to see so many changes that you may not like or agree with.

Pretty much agree with OP, although I'm not gonna judge warfronts until I try them myself(not that I have a lot of hope based on most other BfA features/what I've heard from others)

- - - Updated - - -

The problem is that there's plenty of "person B"s who don't admit that there are flaws or that they should be fixed. Just like some "person A"s refuse to admit that there's good parts too.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Checkt View Post
    I actually have my own opinion and reason why Allied races except Mag'har/DID shouldnt be locked behind Legion rep.
    Its kinda simple too - Blizzard included ALL allied races as BFA(!!! BFA !!!) features, which for me means it should be gated behind BFA content, not Legion one.

Without bying BFA there is no Allied races, at all. That mean they don't belong to Legion content, except for the lore reasons, and even then we unlocked them after we defeated Legion, so technically they are stuck in between Legion and BFA timeline wise.

Here goes all counter-arguments like "Why not put "Netherwing Drakes/other rare stuff from previous expansions in BFA then?".
    Netherwing Drakes and other rare stuff from previous expansion we need to grind weren't positioned as stuff that belong to BFA expansion.

And for me the lore problem is pretty much meaningless. Contracts are fine now for Blizzard, so i don't see why not introduce "Allied Race Contract" that would allow player slowly get rep with, said, Argus Reach, enjoying current content.

Just my opinion though.
    Last edited by Harbour; 2018-08-25 at 05:58 PM.

Summer of every person trying to defend WoW, blame others

We don't make the bad choices for WoW, Blizzard does

Well the expansion started out nice.. cool battle between horde vs alliance in lordaeron, got "war mode" turned on, aawww yeaaah, here we go, finally a pvp expansion....

...and then nothing.. nothing for 10 levels. Go to Zandalar, do quests, more quests, more quests.. usual faction nonsense. Not 1 alliance player on the way to 120, not one..

I remember when TBC was released, going through the gate, and the first town, THE VERY FIRST town, alliance players everywhere, fights breaking out everywhere.

Expansion has been somewhat of a snooze so far. Feels more like a mid expansion content patch than anything else.

What about further class design pruning?

Oh, nvm, I guess that's not considered a selling point.

I'm actually enjoying the ones which are out, wavefront s were good on beta and zandalari, well that a must buy on its own imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

omfgod, if you hate the game, just stop playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Azerite system is the lazy and poor version of the artifacts, at least at the start of legion people had to grind AP for something useful. It's a big fail to me and plenty of others, it's just so boring

Deleted
    The heart of azeroth is more of a grind than AP ever was. In legion you used AP to get new passives and bonuses for your abilities. Meanwhile, in BFA you must grind your heart of azeroth to increase it's ilevel and also to increase the ilevel of your azerite gear. To me that is more important and crucial than grinding AP was in Legion since everyone wants higher ilevel.

Ironic how blizzard implemented this whole thing because people cried about AP grind. Also it's boring, underwhelming and fucking sucks ass

Quote Originally Posted by Freshie Fresh View Post
    Cry babies. All of you. I am so tired of these posts. If you don't like the game don't fucking play it. That simple. I am having a blast, and then I come to the forums...cesspool of nostalgic whiners who think they know what is best for the game. Judging it on every single little thing they find wrong. People just want a reason to hate on this game.

Same things were said by people like you at the start of WoD.

We all know how that worked out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Same things were said by people like you at the start of WoD.

We all know how that worked out.
    Same things were said at the start of the Legion too and we all know how that worked out too - i.e. things were actually great.

BfA will be more than fine because it's literally Legion 2.0 systems-wise.