Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Without Danny Rand then there shouldn't be a reason for this show to exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't like S1 that much, gave S2 a try and it was a waste of time. It's basically a set up for next season, Coleen has more fights than Danny, in fact everyone has more fights than him. Also, it was more about personal drama than action hero or anything else.
    Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I think many people will agree that genocide can be justified.

I just finished IF2 a few hours ago, and I have to say, it was a HUGE improvement over season 1. The pacing was better, the characters were far more interesting and the conflict was much better set up. I also think that the show benefits from having 10 episodes instead of 13.

I do think the male characters did get shafted - kind of like how Ward finds out he's going to be a father. His FWB/sometime lover says she doesn't want him around and he just accepts it. He's totally fine with her telling him that he doesn't get to be a dad or see his child. That's fucked up, and it's even more fucked up how he just passively accepts it. I'm speaking as a dad who proactively fought to be a part of my son's life and even drug my ex to court just to make sure that my parental rights were spelled out in stone.

I'm not going to go on an anti-SJW tirade or anything, I'm just going to say that it really feels like the male characters aren't anywhere near as well written as the female characters. It's like they specifically sought out to make sure that they had strong, interesting, fleshed out female characters and overcorrected, in the process making Danny, Ward and even Davos a bit one or two note.

That being said, holy hell, Alice Eve deserves some kind of award recognition because she does an AMAZING job playing Mary Walker and her two personalities. She doesn't overdo it, she doesn't make them seem like cartoon characters, and they are the two best characters in IF2.

All in all, I enjoyed this second season a lot. It's not Daredevil, and it's not the Punisher, but it's still very good.

Ok...but is the show any good? The Knight of Flowers is NOT a good actor and certainly not a lead. So by replacing hi8m did they make the show good? Or is it still shit like S1?

I fine so long as Im entertained.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Ok...but is the show any good? The Knight of Flowers is NOT a good actor and certainly not a lead. So by replacing hi8m did they make the show good? Or is it still shit like S1?

I would say yes, it is good. As for Danny Rand, no, he's not the best actor but he does a lot better this season (no, they didn't "replace" him). Season 1 was absolutely terrible. It was a boring mess and I hated it. I really liked season 2. Season 2 was entertaining to me and it actually left me wondering where they could take it in season 3.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tietoso View Post
    I wasn't aware that Iron fist season 2 dropped today (seriously netflix is the worst at letting you know which shows got added). I found out after a post in KotaCRAP, Iron Fist is the weakest of the Netflix mcu shows because the fights were bad and the story was bland. But in the eyes of the feminazis the show was bad because the main dude was a white guy in a karate setting fighting hordes of ninjas and stuff and preferred to see the secondary character which happened to be an asian chick.

I started to read the review of season 2 to see if they improve and apparently the reviewer was liking the show which made my spider sense tingle and then ended the review saying that parts of it can be a slug but it is worth it because of the twist in the final 2 episodes.

This got me thinking. A feminist saying something nice about Iron Fist? And talking about a twist? now my spider sense was in full on raid warning mode and I deduced that it had to be something about the Danny(the white dude) getting replaced by Colleen(the asian chick). After reading some spoilers it was confirmed.

Why can't I watch Iron fist 2? Because Marvel is switching their heroes from what they started into a minority(Im Dominican btw, not that it matters). They did it with Iron man, Thor, Hulk. Why can't they just invent new heroes or something? Why can't Colleen gain powers? Why Danny has to lose them? Marvel is bending the knew for their SJW overlords.

Someone explain it to me? Is female thor selling more than original Thor? Asian Hulk more than Bruce Hulk? Female Iron man more than Robert downey?
    you didnt watch the show but you complain about it anyway? check
    you let other opinions form yours? check

better watch the show danny choses to give the "chick" his powers but as you see in the end he does NOT lose them

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post

Seems the agree with you. For a show called Iron Fist, he's not really the lead. Colleen and Ward Meachum both seem to get way more screen time than he does.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    I do think the male characters did get shafted - kind of like how Ward finds out he's going to be a father. His FWB/sometime lover says she doesn't want him around and he just accepts it. He's totally fine with her telling him that he doesn't get to be a dad or see his child. That's fucked up, and it's even more fucked up how he just passively accepts it. I'm speaking as a dad who proactively fought to be a part of my son's life and even drug my ex to court just to make sure that my parental rights were spelled out in stone.
    I took that scene as she wanted him to fix his problems and find himself before he could be a father in her and the baby's life.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I would say yes, it is good. As for Danny Rand, no, he's not the best actor but he does a lot better this season (no, they didn't "replace" him). Season 1 was absolutely terrible. It was a boring mess and I hated it. I really liked season 2. Season 2 was entertaining to me and it actually left me wondering where they could take it in season 3.
    My only issue is I -still- feel like after they set him on the redemptive path this season, he still doesn't feel like he changed.

I think that's why I hated season 1 as well.
    Danny never learns, he just gets more power/skills to overcome a situation and doesn't evolve emotionally or have his ideals brought down much.
    So he remains the same kid, just stronger.

Sure he makes some more mature decisions, but I don't feel the impact of them on his character, so much as simply advancing the plot for others.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I took that scene as she wanted him to fix his problems and find himself before he could be a father in her and the baby's life.
    I definitely came away from that scene with the impression that she didn't want him anywhere near her or be in his kid's life, ever. Not even if he cleaned up or "found himself."

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    I was expecting some legit criticism, but feminazis!
    Made me think of the thread that's currently going on in Off-Topic about irrational fears and phobias.

On another note, there needs to be a Heroes for Hire series with Luke and Danny. The two actors play off one another really well. Colleen and Misty need a Daughters of the Dragon series as well. I'd kill for that.

Sick fucking burn.
    I <3 u 2

/10char

10+ Year Old Account
    I finished season 2 a couple days ago. I didn't like the first season much but I have to agree season 2 is much better. Even Danny Rand's actor got better sometimes. I like the way they went with Davos, although I'm not really sure why he decided to try to purge the Triads so hard after he stole the Iron Fist. You'd think a traditionalist like that would have tried to revive Kun Lun or something. Mary/Walker was really cool. That said, I'm getting really tired of the "Hey I just woke up from a major injury now I'm going to try to rush out and do something stupid to prove how manly and dumb I am." thing that this show and Daredevil really like to do. Rand could have just spent more time recovering and been able to accomplish whatever while keeping his relationship intact. There was no real time pressure on anything other than a bunch of criminals dying.

I think the setup with Misty and Colleen could lead to a cool show or at least an interesting subplot in Iron Fist going forward, to keep the show less on Rand, where it seems to do better.

I wanna pet your hamsters.
    To quote the great George Takei: Ooooh my!

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    For anyone worried about the show becoming about Colleen don't worry, Danny still has the Iron Fist at the end of the show. Using both fists.
    ............ No, he did not ... he used the guns if you look closely. He does not have the dragon soul in him anymore.

Agreed. My main issue with s2 is simply that they didn't go far enough in training Danny in Bushido. He needs to become a more thoughtful character, and they had a perfect opportunity to develop him into one, but they fell a little short. Maybe in future they plan on having Coleen or another mentor take him further along that path.

I'm really hoping that they're leading up to heroes for hire closely paralleling the comics though. Daughters of the dragon was a great story, and deserves a full arc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

We're not allowed hamsters where i live and they seem so cute.
    I am disappointed at the lack of sexual innuendo and that fact that you meant it seriously. </3 *dies*

Where do you live that hamsters are not allowed?! In California, we can't have hedgehogs as pets. Hamster are cute and cuddle-able and super soft. I'd be honored if you'd pet and stroke my hamster.
    Last edited by Dwarfhamster; 2018-09-09 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodia View Post
    ............ No, he did not ... he used the guns if you look closely. He does not have the dragon soul in him anymore.
    This. I had to rewatch that scene a few times because the first time I was a tad confused. But from my understanding Orson Randall was an Iron Fist who is/was able to channel his chi into his guns, which Danny and Ward stole. So its not Danny himself using his own chi but the guns themselves that are imbued with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tietoso View Post
    the show was bad because the main dude was a white guy in a karate setting fighting hordes of ninjas and stuff and preferred to see the secondary character which happened to be an asian chick.
    I don't think you have read the comic books (which the Netflix series is based on).

Danny Rand is a "white guy" in the comics. Debutted as such in Marvel Premiere #15 (May 1974)

As for the "secondary character" which happened to be an asian chick... Colleen Wing -- she has been in the Marvel Comics since Marvel Premiere #19 (November 1974). A descendant of a Samurai family. Misty Knight and Colleen co-founded the Daughters of the Dragon private eye investigations.

So as you see, there have been many negative comments from people who haven't read comics. Some of the negative comments is oh... why they had to use a white guy as the actor of the Netflix Iron Fist series? Well, because it is canon in the comics.

I wouldn't feel happy with the producers changing things like the MCU does.

I don't find Iron Fist to be a very exciting character.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano