Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Deleted

WoW Players Consume Content at the Speed of Light

First week of the expansion: Thread titled "Game is Stale"
    First week of Uldir: Thread titled "When will the next raid release"

27 days guys. In 27 days we already have catchup mechanics rewarding non stop 340 gear

And people wonder why content is gated, lol

---------

Whats my point?
    I guess my point is that themepark MMO's should really find a different way to approach how content is made to consume.
    Because i think this is all a fake way to entertain people.
    Is all about "OPEN THE GATES TO THE THEMEPARK!"
    You have one ride...and suddenly you are tired of it.
    Then OPEN THE GATES TO THEMEPARK 2.0!

What happened to enjoying the gameplay? People just want constantly a new themepark.
    I guess this is how MMO's are made after all.
    But then you really must give Blizzard some space because only Superman can keep up this pace.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2018-09-10 at 05:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The people who employ the "gogogo, nownownow, gimmegimmegimme" mentality are the reason time gates exist.

If everyone would just slow down and enjoy the game without rushing it, they would find themselves much less hindered by time constraints. And the content offered to them would last longer.

This game needs to last for the next two years people. Slow the fuck down. Stop worrying about the destination and enjoy the ride.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Personally i've enjoyed gearing up so far until we hit pvp honor gear. How stupid. Everything I did up to this point was a waste of time compared to that.
    Moonlife, Boomkin/Tree, Silvermoon, VTX

The stock standard forum bitching is irrelevant, all that matters is how many people are playing the game. If there is a WoD style player drop off then the expansion has failed, if it's like Legion then it's fine. It doesn't matter how good an expansion is there will always be forum bitching, I'm not noticing any more or less than usual. I guess what I'm trying to say is, forums are a pretty poor performance indicator.

If you design games around forum posts you end up with Wildstar.

I don't agree with you at all. I know not everybody liked Legion and its systems, but i did. I think they were pretty much perfect for an MMO like WoW.

In the first two months of Legion players were busy exploring their oderhall, building up their artifact, leveling their followers, experiencing one-time profession questlines....and leveling alts, because different classes actually told a different oderhall-story.

And then there was Suramar. If you gave even half a shit about Suramar - i did - you were not out of content in the first month of Legion at any time. I know some players did not. And that's cool. But they still had 7.1 on the PTR 2 weeks sooner than what we have now, comparatively.

It's just not true to say BFA has enough content and the complains are unwarranted. BFA is a lazy POS expansion with great visuals that cut corners left and right. From my POV BFA does not have a SINGLE gameplay-system that is actually ready to go. They are all half-done....and some of them are - again, from my POV - flawed at their core.

I would like to enjoy the gameplay - but it's just not there.
    I would like to enjoy the themepark - but there hardly is any.

A turtle has made it into the water. Great themepark right there.

Edit:
    When i talk about Legion i mean 7.0 and 7.1....7.2 and 7.3 were not Legion...they were the leftovers of a canceled Argus-Expansion that would have been WAY better than BFA. 7.2 and 7.3 were unfinished garbage, that damaged the lore of the game and worsened the state of the gameplay.
    For me, Legion ended with Suramar. Anything after that was BS that they should declare non-canon ASAP.
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2018-09-10 at 04:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by turlockmike View Post
    Personally i've enjoyed gearing up so far until we hit pvp honor gear. How stupid. Everything I did up to this point was a waste of time compared to that.
    Unless you actually take a look at pvp gear and notice how much vers it has. Which is terrible for a lot of classes in PvE

this content isn't even finished lol, this is still beta, class design is a dumpster fire atm and pve/pvp balance is pure crap and rotations are shit.

if blizzard stop spending 6 months breaking 36 specs and trying to re-build 36 specs every x-pac they could probably release a finished one with more content and on time!

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    I don't agree with you at all. I know not everybody liked Legion and its systems, but i did. I think they were pretty much perfect for an MMO like WoW.

In the first two months of Legion players were busy exploring their oderhall, building up their artifact, leveling their followers, experiencing one-time profession questlines....and leveling alts, because different classes actually told a different oderhall-story.

And then there was Suramar. If you gave even half a shit about Suramar - i did - you were not out of content in the first month of Legion at any time. I know some players did not. And that's cool. But they still had 7.1 on the PTR 2 weeks sooner than what we have now, comparatively.

It's just not true to say BFA has enough content and the complains are unwarranted. BFA is a lazy POS expansion with great visuals that cut corners left and right. From my POV BFA does not have a SINGLE gameplay-system that is actually ready to go. They are all half-done....and some of them are - again, from my POV - flawed at their core.

This right here is the right answer. Legion was soooo much better than BfA. The beginning was a little bumpy with the AP grind, but there was plenty of content early on. You also felt a sense of progression with your artifact and doing the order hall campaign and unlocking new appearances. BfA has nothing new, island expeditions are boring and a waste of time. Warfront implementation is bad as well. Azerite gear feels awful. Getting new gear should NEVER feel like a downgrade.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    this content isn't even finished lol, this is still beta, class design is a dumpster fire atm and pve/pvp balance is pure crap and rotations are shit.

if blizzard stop spending 6 months breaking 36 specs and trying to re-build 36 specs every x-pac they could probably release a finished one with more content and on time!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post

Maybe, just maybe is because no human on planet earth can keep up with how fast this community consumes content.
    Blizzard is breaking its back to try and deliver content non stop at the pace this community demands.

I just think the problem lies within how the game is designed.
    WoW players DONT ENJOY CONTENT, they simply want new themeparks.

Maybe if a genius comes up with a way to keep people entertained for long periods of time...without having to resort to "OPEN THE GATES" again again and again.
    Maybe then Blizzard can actually spend time on the game.

Not like this.
    This is impossible to keep up.

Consume content at the speed of light!
    Unsubscribe now or or prepare to fight!
    (Meeeowth that's right)

Is it really nonstop 340 gear? I had thought the warfront just offered a single 340 and 370 piece. Already a huge leg up. If it's really a 340 piece from every run (or even a solid chance at one) then my horde monk is going to outgear my main! That's a little nuts.

I've been pacing myself, still trying to nudge up to raid tier because I'm mostly focusing on rep and polishing off the non-world questing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets put the content aside for a moment, because gameplay matters more. Game is stale because everything is RNG with terrible "homogenized" classes with no talent variety due to no synergy with secondary stats outside the mandated playstyles and no attempt to balance them properly leading to huge disparaging between specs. Added bonus a large chunk of abilities are locked behind PvP-only. There should never be pvp-only or pve-only class abilities. That should involve items or consumables to circumvent (ie Resilience, Medallions, etc). Now most things are on GCD and this is making the game even more boring.

Nothing is scaling properly. Everything is trickled in. Horrible gold sinks and it being near-impossible to make gold without abusing the AH or "services" (ie selling mythic+ or raid clears). Currently if you only play one character through casual play YOU WILL run out of gold unless you play very carefully and avoid repair bills or spending money on the AH. The devs did this on purpose to tempt more people to buy WoW tokens. Its painfully obvious.

There are no gear vendors nor are there account-wide resource that supports such a thing. There is no reforging non-azerite gear to circumvent bad itemization. There shouldn't even BE bad itemization if stats had meaningful synergy. Meaning the GAMEPLAY is the problem. Not the content.

From Vanilla through WotLK I used to log in and just do random shit (like swim around both continents) or pvp like I would do random deathmatch in other games. From Cata and onward they've been constantly ruining the gameplay making the only "enjoyment" out of the game the content.

Going through the post-merger dev hoops and hurdles so they can't use the excuse "you didn't even try". Unfortunately they don't care how hard you try. They don't care about their job.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    What happened to enjoying the gameplay? People just want constantly a new themepark.
    I guess this is how MMO's are made after all.
    But you really must give Blizzard some space because only Superman can keep up this pace.
    Nothing happened to it, it's just players who shouldn't be playing a MMORPG start playing MMORPG and expect it to be something that it isn't. Then a lot of players get attracted to it and devs are pressed by shareholders to make changes to the game, so more players who aren't interested in neither MMO or RPG aspect of MMORPG get attracted to it.

It's a combination of company wanting all the fucking money in the world (aka, whole Earth populace being subbed to all of theirs services) and players being fooled into liking something they don't like (aka, "i play WoW only to see raids via LFR and the game ends to me at this point")
    Essentially it doesn't matter, even when they start to complain about lack of content, while it's obvious to normal thinking humans that there is plenty of content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    (Meeeowth that's right)

Is it really nonstop 340 gear? I had thought the warfront just offered a single 340 and 370 piece. Already a huge leg up. If it's really a 340 piece from every run (or even a solid chance at one) then my horde monk is going to outgear my main! That's a little nuts.

I've been pacing myself, still trying to nudge up to raid tier because I'm mostly focusing on rep and polishing off the non-world questing.
    Im just gonna tell you what i know. Its not a fact because im not sure

All i know is that i did 2 warfronts and got 2 340 pieces at the end. One at the end of each match.
    And i inspected some random player and he had several warfront pieces.

So....i guess is "non stop 340 gear"?
    Not sure :S
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2018-09-10 at 05:02 AM.

and thats a bad thing because?

most companies like it when you use their products. Blizzard seem to charge you max dollar AND punish you for using their products with massive time gating

Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    Lets put the content aside for a moment, because gameplay matters more. Game is stale because everything is RNG with terrible "homogenized" classes with no talent variety due to no synergy with secondary stats outside the mandated playstyles and no attempt to balance them properly leading to huge disparaging between specs. Added bonus a large chunk of abilities are locked behind PvP-only. There should never be pvp-only or pve-only class abilities. That should involve items or consumables to circumvent (ie Resilience, Medallions, etc). Now most things are on GCD and this is making the game even more boring.

Nothing is scaling properly. Everything is trickled in. Horrible gold sinks and it being near-impossible to make gold without abusing the AH or "services" (ie selling mythic+ or raid clears). Currently if you only play one character through casual play YOU WILL run out of gold unless you play very carefully and avoid repair bills or spending money on the AH. The devs did this on purpose to tempt more people to buy WoW tokens. Its painfully obvious.

There are no gear vendors nor are there account-wide resource that supports such a thing. There is no reforging non-azerite gear to circumvent bad itemization. There shouldn't even BE bad itemization if stats had meaningful synergy. Meaning the GAMEPLAY is the problem. Not the content.

From Vanilla through WotLK I used to log in and just do random shit (like swim around both continents) or pvp like I would do random deathmatch in other games. From Cata and onward they've been constantly ruining the gameplay making the only "enjoyment" out of the game the content.

Going through the post-merger dev hoops and hurdles so they can't use the excuse "you didn't even try". Unfortunately they don't care how hard you try. They don't care about their job.
    Nice hyperbole there, partner.

Have you tried trading for gold? Like... using your professions and selling them to other players? right now one anchorweed sale can fix deep red 350 il gear. You get 4 per gather.

You want gear vendors 1 month into the expansion?

There shouldn't even BE bad itemization if stats had meaningful synergy.
    lmfao.

Deleted
    Its a problem with the game and how it is now. Not the playerd. Wow never used to be like this

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post

If you design games around forum posts you end up with Wildstar.
    Wildstar flopped because the devs lied constantly and didn't have the foundation Blizzard does to make up for B-team mistakes.
    Imagine if Cata and onward was a separate game from main-line WoW made by a separate company. It would've flopped just as bad as Wildstar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    (Meeeowth that's right)

Best case you'll have to run it 12-13 times (afaik jewelry doesn't drop there), it's just 6-7 hours on average to get your toon to almost 340 ilvl
    That's the best case scenario

In reality, you'll get a 345 WF belt from first run and 370 belt from quest
    340 belt on second run
    345 WF belt on third run
    340 hands to replace your 340 hands with
    Then shove the whole warfront down the scrapper and never do it again, because last warfront was dragged to whooping hour long scenario (slight exaggeration), because people are running around grabbing trees and giving up important locations to Alliance just to retake it "for achievement".

Nah, i'll still stick to getting my ass carried in M0+ by guildies for my toons, huge maybe to do warfronts once to get 370ilvl piece, but eventually i'll just stop doing that like i stop doing world bosses

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    I just think the problem lies within how the game is designed.
    WoW players DONT ENJOY CONTENT, they simply want new themeparks.
    I find it hilarious that players themselves make content into themeparks via world quest addons then complain that there is too little content, world quests are unrewarding, etc. I mean, if you spent at least more effort than licking addon button two times you would value rewards from WQs more? (and just maybe if those addons wouldn't exist at all people would value WQs rewards more in general)
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    Nice hyperbole there, partner.
    Nice meaningless buzzword. Learn what a hyperbole is.

Have you tried trading for gold? Like... using your professions and selling them to other players? right now one anchorweed sale can fix deep red 350 il gear. You get 4 per gather.
    Blacksmith/miners don't make gold. I'm not swapping professions to exploit the economy because Blizzard keeps fucking over Blacksmithing nor can they balance professions.

You want gear vendors 1 month into the expansion?
    No I want account-wide reputation and currency. I'm not interested in farming exalted for every single class. I'm also not interested in farming specific bosses for specific secondary stats. Reforging never should've been removed.

I can see you're the typical FotM parrot easily satisfied as long as there's a "best way" to do something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Nothing happened to it, it's just players who shouldn't be playing a MMORPG start playing MMORPG and expect it to be something that it isn't.
    I think its even worse than that.
    I think the actual MMO community is becoming like this. All of them!

They want constant new content at a pace that is not humanly possible.

Seems to me Blizzard is trying to deliver to this insane pace players want...and the game is suffering because of it.