Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    I think its even worse than that.
    I think the actual MMO community is becoming like this. All of them!
    No, as always it's just a (very) vocal minority. If all people were like that, the game wouldn't still be as popular as it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneru View Post
    No, as always it's just a (very) vocal minority. If all people were like that, the game wouldn't still be as popular as it is.
    Ok true

But why is BfA releasing content at the speed of light then?

27 days and we already have catchup mechanics of 340 ilvl gear
    Everything is going so fast...

Seems like Blizzard is listening to the "demands" of the players

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    Nothing is scaling properly. Everything is trickled in. Horrible gold sinks and it being near-impossible to make gold without abusing the AH or "services" (ie selling mythic+ or raid clears). Currently if you only play one character through casual play YOU WILL run out of gold unless you play very carefully and avoid repair bills or spending money on the AH. The devs did this on purpose to tempt more people to buy WoW tokens. Its painfully obvious.
    Well, that's very dramatic of you. I mainly play 1 character per expansion and may level up one or two alts occasionally and I currently have 700k gold. I used gold to pay for my wow subscription, puchased BFA with it, name change and currently have $25 in my blizzard account to use for whatever else I desire. I can't remember the last time I even worried about the repair bills... Perhaps try leveling some herbalism/alchemy get some cooking and fishing done so you wont have to waste your money buy this shit on AH and guess what? YOU WILL BE ABLE TO SELL IT TO OTHERS AS WELL!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by begemoc View Post
    Well, that's very dramatic of you. I mainly play 1 character per expansion and may level up one or two alts occasionally and I currently have 700k gold. I used gold to pay for my wow subscription, puchased BFA with it, name change and currently have $25 in my blizzard account to use for whatever else I desire. I can't remember the last time I even worried about the repair bills... Perhaps try leveling some herbalism/alchemy get some cooking and fishing done so you wont have to waste your money buy this shit on AH and guess what? YOU WILL BE ABLE TO SELL IT TO OTHERS AS WELL!
    It amazes me what terrible reading comprehension people have.

Do you see the current WoWtoken prices? Gold is being hemorrhaged from the economy at an alarming rate due to the GOLD SINKS.

How do you make gold without dealing with other players? You farm NPCs? Vendor stuff? Oh wait you need those for professions. Maybe WQs? Oh they give out less gold than vendoring items as well. Dungeon, and Raid bosses? Same deal. Oh and don't forget that sweet 35-50 gold bonus roll from your only 2 weekly Seals.

Oh and those 75-150 gold mission table quests. 2-8 hours for something you could've vendored.

What that fuck is wrong with you people? You don't even know where the gold comes from. You're happy as long as bots are funneling gold into the AH so you don't have to actually farm gold yourself.

Or worse, you're a moron that pretends they're casual and plays multiple alts.
    Last edited by ImpTaimer; 2018-09-10 at 05:33 AM.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

Do you see the current WoWtoken prices? Gold is being hemorrhaged from the economy at an alarming rate due to the GOLD SINKS.
    What are these gold sinks you're talking about? O_o The only two gold sinks I have to deal w/ on a daily basis are the 5% AH cut and tmog fees because gear is being upgraded fairly frequently.

Ah, and repair fees.
    Last edited by ls-; 2018-09-10 at 05:37 AM.

Nice meaningless buzzword. Learn what a hyperbole is.

Blacksmith/miners don't make gold. I'm not swapping professions to exploit the economy because Blizzard keeps fucking over Blacksmithing nor can they balance professions.

No I want account-wide reputation and currency. I'm not interested in farming exalted for every single class. I'm also not interested in farming specific bosses for specific secondary stats. Reforging never should've been removed.

I can see you're the typical FotM parrot easily satisfied as long as there's a "best way" to do something.
    Nah I'm the type that picks profitable tradeskills, and pursues gear with the stats I need.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It amazes me what terrible reading comprehension people have.

How do you make gold without dealing with other players? You farm NPCs? Vendor stuff? Oh wait you need those for professions. Maybe WQs? Oh they give out less gold than vendoring items as well. Dungeon, and Raid bosses? Same deal. Oh and don't forget that sweet 35-50 gold bonus roll from your only 2 weekly Seals.

Oh and those 75-150 gold mission table quests. 2-8 hours for something you could've vendored.

What that fuck is wrong with you people? You don't even know where the gold comes from. You're happy as long as bots are funneling gold into the AH so you don't have to actually farm gold yourself.

Or worse, you're a moron that pretends they're casual and plays multiple alts.
    TBH I started Legion with 30k gold and finished up with 600+. The most gold I got was from WQ's. If I remember correctly each WQ would give 100-150g as bonus because of the follower gold items, but isn't the part of MMO dealing with others? If you want to enjoy single player experiece I would recommend The Witcher.

They need to wind back the loot. It should take a while to get geared. People complain about timegates now but in the past once you had done your dungeon lockouts (heroic) and single raid difficulty you were done for the week, save for questing, farming mats and PVP. It was fine. It was better than fine. We all got geared at a reasonable pace and progressed through content where all raid tiers were still being run at the end of the expansion.

This new philosophy of retiring the previous tier by providing welfare gear far above be what it dropped really kills the spirit of the game. You should be running first tier as a new dinged 120. Getting that gear with a small amount of welfare (badges) to help with a pesky gear slot. I do t know why we have to funnel fresh toons into the final tier. Skip half the game, throw so much gear at them that they become contemptuous of progression, and now we have a million little whinging idiots screaming in the forums that they can’t get BIS in the first week and clear everything and anything less is a slap in the face and the devs should burn in hell.

It’s gonna be real nice when they all unsub and fuck off.

Quote Originally Posted by begemoc View Post
    He roleplays a dwarf from the mines of moria, so he can only gather ore and smelt it into armor.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The content isn't just there...
    I'm working in 9-5 job, playing maybe hour or two every day and I've exhausted every new content that it is in the game right now (content that i'm interested in).
    Everything is timegated or handed to you on the silver plate.

edit: grammar
    Last edited by scart35; 2018-09-10 at 05:41 AM.

On topic though, BfA does have less content than Legion, but the bigger issue is that a huge chunk of available content becomes irrelevant fairly fast, too fast, as in it stops rewarding meaning upgrades/rewards.

It does seem like they ran out of time while working on this this expansion.

I am enjoying it but the system flaws are fairly obvious to long time players.

It is a beautiful world, however, and the story line is being presented fairly well. I think this is going to be more of a WoD type expac, while they rev up for the next one.

You also have to take into account the percentage of people who are complaining about having nothing to do but are infact, not doing anything and are still sitting around in quest greens for example.

Personally, I'm happy with how the game is ATM.
    I'm not thrilled with the over-arching "story point", the whole poorly excused Alliance vs. Horde again.
    But the storylines in Kul'Tiras etc, have been really well written.

The gameplay is there. Classes have been improved.
    They still need more improvement, don't get me wrong but over LGN, I'm happy with what's been done. It's alot better than nothing.

I'm not crazy about Azerite Gear/Traits. But BLIZ is experimenting, I'll go along for the ride with it.

In the end, this expac is looking like it will be another solid one for me. So personally, no issues.

And most importantly, I'm keeping busy while playing.

Because the content is "Light"

/thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Spazlord View Post
    This new philosophy of retiring the previous tier by providing welfare gear far above be what it dropped really kills the spirit of the game. You should be running first tier as a new dinged 120. Getting that gear with a small amount of welfare (badges) to help with a pesky gear slot. I do t know why we have to funnel fresh toons into the final tier. Skip half the game, throw so much gear at them that they become contemptuous of progression, and now we have a million little whinging idiots screaming in the forums that they can’t get BIS in the first week and clear everything and anything less is a slap in the face and the devs should burn in hell.
    Vanilla is coming soon :P

What you're talking about was a very short-lived feature in WoW, it's gone w/ the SWP release in late TBC. They removed it because attunements were causing a lot of guild poaching, and many people were forever stuck doing the same low-tier irrelevant raids even when BT was out because as soon as they had all their raiders attuned some higher-tier guild poached all their best members, so they had to start from scratch, start poaching other lower-tier guilds, disband, or quit.

Sure, guild poaching exists even nowadays, but it's not even close to how bad things were during TBC, it's rampant back then.

Quote Originally Posted by ls- View Post
    Vanilla is coming soon :P

What you're talking about was a very short-lived feature in WoW, it's gone w/ the SWP release in late TBC. They removed it because attunements were causing a lot of guild poaching, and many people were forever stuck doing the same low-tier irrelevant raids even when BT was out because as soon as they had all their raiders attuned some higher-tier guild poached all their best members, so they had to start from scratch, start poaching other lower-tier guilds, disband, or quit.

Sure, guild poaching exists even nowadays, but it's not even close to how bad things were during TBC, it's rampant back then.
    I look back fondly at poaching from "T5" guilds, especially after they took away the need to kill vashj/kael for the vials.

Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    I look back fondly at poaching from "T5" guilds, especially after they took away the need to kill vashj/kael for the vials.
    Well, poaching was enjoyable for poachers, can't argue w/ that

First week of the expansion: Thread titled "Game is Stale"
    First week of Uldir: Thread titled "When will the next raid release"

27 days guys. In 27 days we already have catchup mechanics rewarding non stop 340 gear

And people wonder why content is gated, lol

---------

Whats my point?
    I guess my point is that themepark MMO's should really find a different way to approach how content is made to consume.
    Because i think this is all a fake way to entertain people.
    Is all about "OPEN THE GATES TO THE THEMEPARK!"
    You have one ride...and suddenly you are tired of it.
    Then OPEN THE GATES TO THEMEPARK 2.0!

What happened to enjoying the gameplay? People just want constantly a new themepark.
    I guess this is how MMO's are made after all.
    But then you really must give Blizzard some space because only Superman can keep up this pace.
    funny that you have problem with warfronts yet you say nothing about free 360+ gear from pvp
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2018-09-10 at 06:23 AM.

Maybe, just maybe is because no human on planet earth can keep up with how fast this community consumes content.
    Blizzard is breaking its back to try and deliver content non stop at the pace this community demands.

I just think the problem lies within how the game is designed.
    WoW players DONT ENJOY CONTENT, they simply want new themeparks.

Maybe if a genius comes up with a way to keep people entertained for long periods of time...without having to resort to "OPEN THE GATES" again again and again.
    Maybe then Blizzard can actually spend time on the game.

Not like this.
    This is impossible to keep up.
    The game isn't the problem, the players are the problem. People spend 6 hours a day playing then blame Blizzard when they get sick of it. Just because there's a world quest doesn't mean it has to be done. Just because Island Expeditions are the best source of AP doesn't mean you need to run 100/week. People forgot that video games are supposed to be FUN and I cannot figure out why. And Blizz devs can't make people understand what moderation means.
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    funny that you have problem with warfronts yet you say nothing about free 360 gear from pvp
    I have no problem with warfronts.
    Just saying everything is so fast now we already have catchup mechanics on day 27 :S

Did things ever happened this fast?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    The game isn't the problem, the players are the problem. People spend 6 hours a day playing then blame Blizzard when they get sick of it. Just because there's a world quest doesn't mean it has to be done. Just because Island Expeditions are the best source of AP doesn't mean you need to run 100/week. People forgot that video games are supposed to be FUN and I cannot figure out why. And Blizz devs can't make people understand what moderation means.
    True

I have a rule when i play WoW
    Everytime the game tells me "do this activity you dont like to do", i say to the game "fuck you"
    I dont let the game play me.
    I AM playing the game...at my own pace.

All this talk is beautiful...but you can already guess...i am insanely behind on Azerite and reputaions ahah