Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    Love sitting at 340 doing less sim dps than a 330 rogue/warr/ww.

I'm relatively confident they'll fix it or we'll just scale well with gear but it's pretty lame from a purely numbers standpoint.
    343+ unholy got like 11k simDPS compared to outlaw rogue 13-14k+ with that gear level.
    Its LEGIONS emerald nightmare all over again, orange DK logs = grey for every one else, changes after 2+ months, maybe.

PS.
    I just hope they hotfix at least the broken Arms-Warrior and DH azerite traits, we can't compete with +20% per trait flat passive damage bonus it is just insane and allready exploited in the second m+0 week.
    Last edited by Ange; 2018-08-25 at 12:17 AM.
    -

Keyboard Turner
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    Love sitting at 340 doing less sim dps than a 330 rogue/warr/ww.

I'm relatively confident they'll fix it or we'll just scale well with gear but it's pretty lame from a purely numbers standpoint.
    It will scale pretty well with mastery as before. DnD, Ebon Fever and the new Epidemic should toss out some very significant AoE/cleave later on. Also when they nerf the top classes, ST should be decent/ with options for some burst.

And keep in mind, most classes right now feel a bit cluncky due to a lack of haste. Not just Uh. It will get better for sure!

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diezel View Post
    In PvP it was dismaying, nothing really did any damage, even the ultimate combo of death just barely dents a player's health in instanced PvP, assuming of course that you can survive that long.
    ..and then the Frost Mage you're fighting presses the Comet Storm button and does like 25k damage with a single spell. God, don't get me started lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarrgoth View Post
    So you’re saying we should play unholy with intended downtime between GCDs? Not one single class does this. Unholy needs more haste to be played fluently. At 25% haste, unholy is pretty fluent and fun. At 12-15% I just stand there and feel that I should’ve stayed in legion.
    That's not what i am saying. I'm saying what i just said. Maximize the use of runic corruption. A.K.A not spamming all death coils when RC is on. Soul Reaper also helps to fight the starvation. Haste does help but won't save you if you play the spec wrong.

The problem I'm finding with UH atm is that it feels like a glass cannon. It's super squishy to the point where Blood actually feels stronger PVP-wise because it can survive on its own and dish out some strong burst damage. Without a healer UH feels the squishiest its ever been.

I actually like Frost better, my frost spec is only 333 and doing 14k on single not moving target (i.e. last boss in Manor), while my Unholy, more geared is doing 9k; I think im more aoe than ST though so that might be a problem; but Sindy spec, cant deny its pretty potent if stuff doesnt move and that burst...without her its a measly 6k, its to much of a dropoff for a huge CD, blizz needs to fix frost or make Sindy on less of a cooldown.

If you have a group that stuff dies to quick, UH isnt the spec to be. Even bosses I didnt see good ST; then again I think I am built for aoe, (i.e. still have infected claws, bursting sores, epidemic).

Quote Originally Posted by kran1um View Post
    I actually like Frost better, my frost spec is only 333 and doing 14k on single not moving target (i.e. last boss in Manor), while my Unholy, more geared is doing 9k; I think im more aoe than ST though so that might be a problem; but Sindy spec, cant deny its pretty potent if stuff doesnt move and that burst...without her its a measly 6k, its to much of a dropoff for a huge CD, blizz needs to fix frost or make Sindy on less of a cooldown.

If you have a group that stuff dies to quick, UH isnt the spec to be. Even bosses I didnt see good ST; then again I think I am built for aoe, (i.e. still have infected claws, bursting sores, epidemic).
    I got 346 gear for both specs, mediocre azerite traits and far from BiS stats on gear. I get similar ST numbers ingame and from simC for both specs, even burst is pretty similar - I finish M-0 ST fights with either spec around 16-18k if I get lucky with uptime/procs.

BoS just doesnt allow any disturbances and if they happen, the drop in DPS is steep.

Don't get me wrong, I manage to play BoS for orange rankings, I played BoS in LEGION when it mattered and not once or twice, I did HUNDRED of ID's with it.
    It's mechanicaly just not very satisfying, high risc, low/no reward.

Casual LEGION raiding

Edit: Boy was I wrong.
    Last edited by Farabee; 2018-09-07 at 06:49 PM. Reason: I feel dumb, Frost is apparently king.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    I feel like UH is a better all-rounder spec right now than Frost. Frost does one thing very well and that's Patchwerking. So of course it's going to sim better. UH is more dynamic allowing for actual meaty cleave, competent ST and damage that doesn't go down a dumpster if you get selected to move for a mechanic within 10 seconds of a fight starting.
    This is exactly why Unholy will be better then frost for the upcoming raid tier... after 8.1 im not sure because they will no doubt tweak the classes (Hopefully AWS to).

No doubt with a perfect BOS single target boss fight which doesnt move etc i think Frost will pull ahead but the main problem is that frost is either strong single target weak cleave/aoe or strong cleave/aoe weak single target.

Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    I feel like UH is a better all-rounder spec right now than Frost. Frost does one thing very well and that's Patchwerking. So of course it's going to sim better. UH is more dynamic allowing for actual meaty cleave, competent ST and damage that doesn't go down a dumpster if you get selected to move for a mechanic within 10 seconds of a fight starting.
    At the moment, im favoring unholy as I feel it flows better. Frost isnt feeling as nice but im still gearing so theres that.

I am not sure if one tuning cycle can even fix this mess. LEGION was afflock/arms/assassination dominated for most parts but even that was far away from what we see right now.

The only surprise is that blizzard still waits for the mythic tuning to change anything with this much DPS spreading.

If the pvp hotfixes from today are a hint for the pve tuning...there is just no hope till 8.1.

Pretty surprising to see Havoc all up in the rank. They didn't stop complaining about their "poor" dps in the forums.
    Also Arms Warrior ? Lol. I'm glad I trusted my guts and seeing they're better than Fury and their "herp derp, look @ me I'm plowing through adds and I don't know what buttons to press".
    Concerning DKs it's not unexpected. I don't have high hope either for the futures patches. Either you suck it up, or roll another class. Chances are, you didn't use your boosted char to roll a druid or shaman (I did. But that was because it was the only tank class I didn't have).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiz View Post
    Pretty surprising to see Havoc all up in the rank. They didn't stop complaining about their "poor" dps in the forums.
    Also Arms Warrior ? Lol. I'm glad I trusted my guts and seeing they're better than Fury and their "herp derp, look @ me I'm plowing through adds and I don't know what buttons to press".
    Concerning DKs it's not unexpected. I don't have high hope either for the futures patches. Either you suck it up, or roll another class. Chances are, you didn't use your boosted char to roll a druid or shaman (I did. But that was because it was the only tank class I didn't have).
    Well I used boost in legion for my Dk and now hes in same spot as my enhancement shaman xD guess i pick wrong classes to play

Why would you use a boost on a DK ? He's already lvl 60 when you create him.

Deleted
    Why is that even relevant and matter to you? jesus christ these questions....

Quote Originally Posted by kran1um View Post
    I actually like Frost better, my frost spec is only 333 and doing 14k on single not moving target (i.e. last boss in Manor), while my Unholy, more geared is doing 9k;
    14k ST with 333 ilvl? Are we talking very short fight with lust here? Because if not, that's impressive.

Damn, are you saying I shouldn't have used my boost on a DH?

Deleted
    Unholy is weak af atm, feelsfreakingbad

Quote Originally Posted by rustaclut View Post
    Why is that even relevant and matter to you? jesus christ these questions....
    Why would you play the game the way you want to?? You must be some sort of lfr casual. Herp a derp

Quote Originally Posted by boz0 View Post
    14k ST with 333 ilvl? Are we talking very short fight with lust here? Because if not, that's impressive.

Damn, are you saying I shouldn't have used my boost on a DH?
    14k dps is not possible ST at ilvl 333. Even with lust and ideal situations it’s a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by Pufster View Post
    14k dps is not possible ST at ilvl 333. Even with lust and ideal situations it’s a stretch.
    Incorrect Debbie Downer.