Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I know this is all just speculation base on nothing more than a few stings of text, but I wonder if these would all have different themed gear.

Azshara - Night Elf style armor (A) vs Goblin themedx armor (H)
    Barrens - Dwarf style armor (A) vs Tauren themed armor (H)
    Silvermoon - Void Elf themed armor (A) vs Blood Elf themed armor (H)

I can't really see the point of having multiple WFs otherwise
    In addition to that I’d hope they update the culture kits of those races too.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonhead View Post
    Nice, your bias is clearly showing. FYI the Horde are supposed to band together AGAINST the Alliance, why would then it be a good thing to kick out the denizens who have lost their homeland? As a Forsaken I find your perspective appalling, to say the least. "Polluting" - really? Even from an RP/lore PoV this is just not how things would shake out. Also, "proper horde"...what? You should probably check your inter-horde relationships or something because frankly your perspective on other members of the horde is, disturbing, to say the least. If the Horde were isolationist as you want them to be I highly doubt the various campaigns they have waged would have had as much success without the Blood Elves and the Forsaken. Can't believe Horde players feel this way about their own faction races :/.
    I do think that the undead have brought nothing but instability and a completely out of place direction for the faction as a whole. Everything from Gilneas, Soutshore, Hillsbrad to Teldrassil is on the Horde's undead. Almost all the "the Horde is bad" tropes deservingly and usually come because of them. The blood elves themselves are an eyesore and are completely out of place within the Horde; both aesthetically and through their characters.

Their unnecessary inclusion has completely fractured a faction which has stood firm like a rock in comparison to the Alliance at the end of W3 and start of WoW. The current story of a nation of orcs following an undead high elf on a path that they fought so hard to redeem themselves from is just insulting to anyone who is a proper Horde player.

The worst thing about it is that the Horde has become a cesspool of toxic elf/undead fans which now probably represent the majority or at least half of those that are vocal on the internet about Horde lore. There's very few on this site that will even admit that blood elves are their favourite race and be continously constructive in their points and openly hold onto them(ie Obelisk).
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2018-09-14 at 03:06 AM.

Very well said, Magnagarde. When Forsaken were added to the Horde back in classic, lots of us were scratching our heads, as it violated Thrall's character quite a bit. They could easily have been a third faction, but Blizz evidently thought two "outcast" groups wouldn't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Very well said, Magnagarde. When Forsaken were added to the Horde back in classic, lots of us were scratching our heads, as it violated Thrall's character quite a bit. They could easily have been a third faction, but Blizz evidently thought two "outcast" groups wouldn't work.
    I'm one of those who was equally puzzled about it. Then I saw some "pragmatic" lore explanations behind it, such as Thrall taking pity and the tauren wanting to cure them, so there was at least this tolerable explanation that still didn't make much sense, but at least had some backing. The Horde we see at the end of W3 is clearly one that wouldn't put a priority on having a "capital"(read ruin of a former human kingdom) on their side on an Alliance continent just to be able to fight them, when they strived to get away from there and make an independent nation of their own.

This slowly transformed into routinely doing things which openly stood against the ideals of the new Horde, expanded into direct betrayal at the Wrathgate, after which it further expanded into direct defiance of the warchief at Gilneas, the use of plague and the recreating of the Scourge technique of replenishing the number of undead by rummaging through graveyards and building blightfarms(basically everything that is an afront to the orcs, trolls and tauren and the equivalent of humans pumping orcs up with fel to use them in their armies because lorewise, the Forsaken are a human tragedy, just like fel orcs are a tragedy of the orcish clans).

The continuation of this was the Horde's warchief pursuing selfish goals in Stormheim, making deals with the likes of Helya and attempting to enslave Eyir in the middle of the biggest war against the Burning Legion both factions have seen when it comes to the sheer scale. This then got unprecedentedly topped off with what happened at Teldrassil and now people come here, supposedly post with a straight face and talk "the Horde".
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2018-09-14 at 03:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post
    Void corrupted sunwell please!
    With Anduin in charge? Don't count on it, bub.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Alternatively - alleria hanged in the middle of silvermoon square.
    So much angst.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    I should add in an inb4 people start screaming that they don't get high elves even if they attack Silvermoon/ freak out when they don't win Silvermoon if it even happens.
    Does it even matter? If it is a warfront the city will probably be trading hands on a biweekly basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    With Anduin in charge? Don't count on it, bub.
    The same Anduin who accepted the Void Elves into the Alliance?

There's also data mined textures for Westfall regarding Warfronts.

Its kind of curious though how many are popping up despite how barren the feature is on release. Either future ones are going to be more reusing and less of an overhaul than Arathi's visuals were or they took it slow because of a lack of full confidence in the systems and mechanics or how the community would respond to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    The same Anduin who accepted the Void Elves into the Alliance?
    Doesn't mean he's going to let them corrupt the sunwell... There's a big difference between accepting someone as an ally and letting them turn a font of holy power into void.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    It would be in everyone´s best interests that Queen Alleria Windrunner wins. Not only because she is the rightful queen of silvermoon, the throne is lawfully hers (as even the void lords, who rarely involve themselves in mortal matters, aknowledged), but also because she would save the horde, and all of azeroth, from the tyranny of the naaru. Yrel won in the alternate timeline, but there is still hope for azeroth. And the only salvation of the world is Alleria, the only one who can stop the light from invading the world through the most powerful source of light on the planet, the infamous sunwell.

This is why the lore is morally grey. This is why Ion and his writing team are cunning and smart. Because they reversed the usual trope, by turning the light into the villain, and displaying the many charms of the void.
    She isnt. At all. She has no royal claim what so ever to the throne.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Deleted
    HAHA GOOD ONE, with Blizz pace right now, they will come in all a year, one of them, the last one we will get in patch 9.0, what joke... Cycling Warfronts every 2+ weeks?
    All that time gating bullshit, they even need to reduce from 3 different commanders to 2, cozy you would get the additional power-ups in the 7leg and Honorbound places in nearly 2 months time ... Bullshit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    She isnt. At all. She has no royal claim what so ever to the throne.
    Just remember, your dealing with fanboy role players here who weave their own narrative in their head almost religiously.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    So much angst.
    Typical blood elf/undead player.

Deleted
    So the Horde is always playing defense? That's kind of makes them look weak.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Just remember, your dealing with fanboy role players here who weave their own narrative in their head almost religiously.
    So I've noticed.

Insane how far people can go..
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post

Their unnecessary inclusion has completely fractured a faction which has stood firm like a rock in comparison to the Alliance at the end of W3 and start of WoW. The current story of a nation of orcs following an undead high elf on a path that they fought so hard to redeem themselves from is just insulting to anyone who is a proper Horde player.
    Finally someone said it

The horde today is a mess, the forsaken have never given anything but trouble to the horde because of their disgusting tropes of hating life and damning anything that breaths to the same fate they suffer.

The blood elves make some sense because they at least love living and don't want to blight the world around them, but their attitudes have never matched up with the real hordes that formed under thrall in wc3

The horde should only have ever been orcs, trolls, tauren, goblins, ogres, high mountain, mag'har, and maybe a couple other races in similar fold as the previous, the forsaken are just pure fucking evil and I was glad to see under city gone, even if it was done by their own cunt ruler.

And can I just say, I hate all the windrunner sisters, they are all garbage characters for insipid fanboys to latch on to

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    So the Horde is always playing defense? That's kind of makes them look weak.
    That's because blizzard wrote the horde into a corner here. Sylvanas is pure evil and leading the horde, so the horde has only two outcomes by the end of this. Either the horde loses because sylvanas' plans are so destabilising for the rest of the faction it weakens to for an easy alliance victory, or a stronger character comes in and destroys sylvanas and manages to take back the horde from her and push the alliance back.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    The funny thing is that Horde now has THREE capital cities under assault. The war is clearly not going in your favour, eh, Bitch Queen?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Finally someone said it

The horde today is a mess, the forsaken have never given anything but trouble to the horde because of their disgusting tropes of hating life and damning anything that breaths to the same fate they suffer.

The blood elves make some sense because they at least love living and don't want to blight the world around them, but their attitudes have never matched up with the real hordes that formed under thrall in wc3

The horde should only have ever been orcs, trolls, tauren, goblins, ogres, high mountain, mag'har, and maybe a couple other races in similar fold as the previous, the forsaken are just pure fucking evil and I was glad to see under city gone, even if it was done by their own cunt ruler.

And can I just say, I hate all the windrunner sisters, they are all garbage characters for insipid fanboys to latch on to

- - - Updated - - -

That's because blizzard wrote the horde into a corner here. Sylvanas is pure evil and leading the horde, so the horde has only two outcomes by the end of this. Either the horde loses because sylvanas' plans are so destabilising for the rest of the faction it weakens to for an easy alliance victory, or a stronger character comes in and destroys sylvanas and manages to take back the horde from her and push the alliance back.
    I'm still betting on mutual destruction of both factions but still. I don't think the Horde needs to always be the aggressor. But atm assuming all of these are true. The horde has to play defense 3 of 4 and even in Arthai the story doesn't represent a Horde invasion. Also the fact Slyvannas is 'morally Grey' in the extreme should allow them to do some Horde aggressor plotlines.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    It would be in everyone´s best interests that Queen Alleria Windrunner wins. Not only because she is the rightful queen of silvermoon, the throne is lawfully hers (as even the void lords, who rarely involve themselves in mortal matters, aknowledged), but also because she would save the horde, and all of azeroth, from the tyranny of the naaru. Yrel won in the alternate timeline, but there is still hope for azeroth. And the only salvation of the world is Alleria, the only one who can stop the light from invading the world through the most powerful source of light on the planet, the infamous sunwell.

This is why the lore is morally grey. This is why Ion and his writing team are cunning and smart. Because they reversed the usual trope, by turning the light into the villain, and displaying the many charms of the void.
    How is she the rightful queen? She's not related to the Sunstriders at all.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Looks like Alliance attacking Horde a lot.. As a alliance player..ofc i root for my faction.. But i hope for some "defending and horde attacking alliance" warfronts aswell

(Also hoping for PVP warfronts..instead of attacking faction AI...I thought this was the war x-pac )
    “Destiny is a gift … Never forget that fear is but the precursor to valor,
    that to strive and triumph in the face of fear, is what it means to be a hero.
    Don’t think … Become!”

"Anton Yelchin, Trollhunters Season 3, last spoken lines"