Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    I’m curious if, regardless if they get world first or not, Limit will get a deal to stream the World First Race next tier. Since they’ve certainly caught people’s attention.
    Method has been laying the groundwork with their brand for years, and they have a lot of popular streamers already to retain audience. Most of Limit's core dislikes streaming to begin with, and those who do stream have pretty small followings. There just isn't much to capitalize on even with the profile boost that a world first could bring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by swisscheese View Post
    Does anyone know why WoW progress has Method as #1 in the rankings, even though none of their kills were 1st? Genuinely curious as to what it's using to rank guilds after noticing that on the front page.
    They were the first in the world to reach 6/8.

Biggest question now is, why is that CN guild in the top 5, when at least 7-8 guilds had 6/8 killed BEFORE them?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkynhalvos View Post
    They were the first in the world to reach 6/8.

Biggest question now is, why is that CN guild in the top 5, when at least 7-8 guilds had 6/8 killed BEFORE them?
    It goes by time to kill iirc. China was the faster than the other guilds to kill it. Let's say Limit finishes the tier tomorrow, if Method kills it 3 hours later then Method would get the world first ranking. I'm not 100% on this but I remember people stating that in the past and it seems to be accurate with the EU and CN rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugus View Post
    It goes by time to kill iirc. China was the faster than the other guilds to kill it. Let's say Limit finishes the tier tomorrow, if Method kills it 3 hours later then Method would get the world first ranking. I'm not 100% on this but I remember people stating that in the past and it seems to be accurate with the EU and CN rankings.
    No. That Chineese guild killed it 5th. It just took awhile for a wowprogress mod to manually update that guilds progress, since Chineese servers do not have an API that the site can use.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    I’m curious if, regardless if they get world first or not, Limit will get a deal to stream the World First Race next tier. Since they’ve certainly caught people’s attention.
    If Limit beats Method to a world first then it is pretty obvious that streaming and getting world first do not mix and I wouldn't expect anyone planning to get world first to stream for a while.

Many (most?) people in this thread won't care/agree, but na vs eu vs anyone doesn't matter (to me anyway). I like method competing vs limit or wild card or exoraus or w/e. It's fun to see who wins. It's not about continental (seriously wtf) pride, it's about like 200 people across 4 or 5 guilds that are racing each other and it's great. World firsts are fun, the race is fun, my continent is better than yours is insanely dumb. Rodney king 2k18.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rsl View Post
    and EU always deals with the later bosses

so what ?
    So yeah.... about that?
    "When you build it, you love it!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pokeadott View Post
    Many (most?) people in this thread won't care/agree, but na vs eu vs anyone doesn't matter (to me anyway). I like method competing vs limit or wild card or exoraus or w/e. It's fun to see who wins. It's not about continental (seriously wtf) pride, it's about like 200 people across 4 or 5 guilds that are racing each other and it's great. World firsts are fun, the race is fun, my continent is better than yours is insanely dumb. Rodney king 2k18.
    There's a whole lotta prestige in this. Don't kid yourself, this scene has built up this prestige for over a decade.

wow, gz Limit, now it's getting interesting, EU pride on the line!

Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    If Limit beats Method to a world first then it is pretty obvious that streaming and getting world first do not mix and I wouldn't expect anyone planning to get world first to stream for a while.
    meh, I don't think this is about streaming, maybe Limit is just better this tier with better comps or strategies. Method weren't streaming when the ended up third in Nighthold, they aren't invincible.

10+ Year Old Account
    If limit wins cant wait for the "BUT NA GOT IT FIRST"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    Method weren't streaming when the ended up third in Nighthold, they aren't invincible.
    Method was also broken up into 2 guilds in Nighthold.

I don't think top guilds really watch Method's stream so it's pointless to say streaming affects WF.

Tbh, there’s not that many datapoints. It’s not like these races happen very often.

While not raiding, and it was the first one, the Australian team did win the first MDI so if we expand it slightly to include competitive WoW 0vE, there is a very recent victory by anon-EU team.

Imo what’s going to determine it more is, just how much money is Method making off this streaming? Since they are getting tons of views for extended periods.

My favorite world first races were any with Paragon and Method competing, and when a Korean guild was first to clear Dragon Soul.

But Method streaming and US being in striking distance of world first (it's hard to say what is and isn't a tier now without tier sets, and even then the lines have been very blurred for a few xpacs), have made this one pretty interesting.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    The EU vs NA Trollbait needs to be purged IMO.

Granted, I'd love to see the salt from EU fans, and I Know it will be here, but to say stuff just to fan the NA vs EU Flame War... that needs to go. insulting an entire region is just stupid and silly.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Nope. The most money is in Method coming in 2nd by a slim margin.

Because then even more people will be tuning in next tier to see if they can get back to number one. Which (assuming Method wins) sets up a massive rubber match for the final tier.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

I agree. I think they are showing nerves due to the streaming, not being in the comfort of your home but exposed all the time instead. They would be fooling themselves I they pretended it doesn't affect them.

However, imo the high viewer count on twitch, beating LoL, beating all the battle royale games, that's good advertising for the game, helping the popularity a ton. Maybe, you know, maybe, this not only get's us a ton of new players, but also, you know, more capable devs in the long run (one can dream, right?)?

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    I agree. I think they are showing nerves due to the streaming, not being in the comfort of your home but exposed all the time instead. They would be fooling themselves I they pretended it doesn't affect them.
    :
    Only 3 actively involved players are not at home but it's true about being exposed (at home too if you stream). You can see Roger & Josh checking their chat a bit now and then even when not responding much. I'm sure it doesn't influence directly all the time, but any distraction like the fact that people are watching will affect a bit.

To stream or not to stream will depend on money too. If it's profitable, we will move to a race that will be streamed. Might not be the next tier, but definitely in the future most will. Dealing with attention will just be part of a raider's skill package, part of the pressure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkynhalvos View Post
    any more info on this? I'd love some more info from the East

Deleted
    Method was also broken up into 2 guilds in Nighthold.
    That was after HFC.

How much do you think the loot system changes have affected the race?