Poll: Did you enjoy watching the movie CAPTAIN MARVEL™?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 7 of 125 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    They're 100% doing Ms. Marvel with Kamala. I don't know that Carol needs to be called Ms. Marvel for that to happen though.
    Possibly impossible, I suppose. If she was Captain Marvel in the 90s, that would necessitate Ms Marvel prior and Kamala wouldn't be old enough. So simply fangirling Captain Marvel and adopting Ms. Marvel for herself would make sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    2019? Oh, sweet! I wonder if that means the characters can appear next year (meaning they can start developing things/filming now but it can only be released next year) or if they can only start filming next year.

Either way, the influx of X-Men and F4 characters coming in will fill the gaps left behind by Chris Evans and Robert Downey Jr. leaving.
    They can't start development on anything until the merger is fully finalized and approved by all government entities. Fox and Disney have to continue to act as independent entities until then.

I just saw the trailer.

I’m not familiar with this actress but wow, did she come across as dull. It’s sad if I’m already bored after watching a 2-3 min clip

Young Coulson definitely looks like he has what some might refer to as "game".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chubbybunny View Post
    I really hope that this film does prove that a strong female lead character is viable.. They originally said it'll probably flop because most films have strong male character leads and female support characters. But they also said that making a film with a black super hero will not be as popular either, but black panther made a killing in the cinema. Maybe it's just the MCU that has a goose that lays golden eggs, who knows... But i myself personally am totally looking forward to yet another marvel film and another character brought to life.
    People love Wonder Woman.

Im excited for this movie.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    While it's not a bad trailer, pretty far from it, I didn't feel that interested in Carol. This isn't going to be for the theaters but I'll for sure watch it when it's out in HD.
    Yeah the trailer is weak. They short of taken it "this part of the MCU so people will see it" for granted. Doesnt really get the everyman hyped but maybe theres a better trailer down the line? Disney's trailers have been lacking lately. Marketing seems to have taken a down turn.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    It's MMO-C Deja Vu. there was already a bait thread about this in the past:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...and-Hulk/page1

I'm sure she'll be off the charts for energy manipulation. There's also no indication that Thanos is all that tough in MCU sans gauntlet. He had the power gem when he smacked down the Hulk.
    He´s a Titan, they also have energy manilulation and can control their bodys cellular structure (at least that´s what they had in the comics).

So think Eternals or how they raced who played the Greek gods was called.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    Aren't the golden dudes from GotG making some 'warlock' fellow that is super-powerful??
    Warlock is really powerfull he once battled with Thanos over the Gauntlet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    I see, the people who don't even read comics already whining.
    Ah i see Elba´s already in trolling mode.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    To be fair, when he got stabbed from behind the first time, he said it stopped his phasing. Wanda asked how that was possible and he said it shouldn't be. So they didn't really ignore his density control so much as the Black Order's weapon jacked it up.

Regarding trailer: Seeing Mar-Vell suited up was my favorite part. As another mentioned, punching the old lady was a highlight for me as well. I'd have dug the scene of her hanging upside down restrained for being a cool first reveal of the full costume, but we'd seen promo photos already. I still have low interest in the film, though. The majority of my height of collecting X-Men and Spider-Man, Ms. Marvel was in a coma for a long time.

However....

If Marvel wove her lack of memories to include time as Ms. Marvel and being in a coma? Absolute brilliance as it lays a foundation for them to have a properly powerful Rogue in the future if they wished. It would also set the groundwork for her to have been Ms Marvel and allow the hero fangirling of Khan to take the moniker in the future.
    Do you really think they will get it right to introduce the x-Men in the MCU?

And what was the agreement they had with Sony or Fox again regarding their use?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Ms marvel is defiantly stronger then Spider-Man though any high power hero is far stronger as you said.

This is her in the recent years though, when they boosted her up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    She named herself after Mar-vell, the Kree scientist she was in an accident with that mingled their DNA.

Thanks Jesus, I'll be sure to correctly spread the word of the Lord next time.

Yeah, they are, which is exactly what I argued in the post you quoted. Sorry you can't seem to grasp that.
    That´s her MCU backstory right?

Because in the comics it wasn´t like that.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    This is her in the recent years though, when they boosted her up.
    Dark reign was about 10 years ago so not very recent, though she might have been weaker in the past I don’t know.

Ehhhh looks alright. Nothing looked too amazing.

Its the Bourne Identity mixed with some top gun and sprinkled with a little hancock

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Sneaky skrulls:
    thats not a skrull, its a reporter for Fox. Miss Marvel is tired of the anti lib agenda
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2018-09-18 at 07:48 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Sneaky skrulls:

That punch looks so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    adam warlock sounds like a lead-singer for a 70's rock band
    he looks like one to from time to time.
    but yeah adam better show up, he's integral to the infinity war plot.

I really don’t get why marvel would try and push her and then make her so unlikable I mean if they wanted to push a female lead in the comics shouldn’t they have made her not so awful? Or if they were going to make her unlikable on purpose why haven’t they got rid of her yet. It just doesn’t make sense.
    I don't get it either, they literally just announced the movie, then had a marvel wide event making her look like a terrible person.

Dark reign was about 10 years ago so not very recent, though she might have been weaker in the past I don’t know.
    in terms of comic books and their stories, yes it is.
    god dark reign was rough, carol got a power-up to act as tony's enforcer as norman osbourne slowly took over everything tony built for the SHRA.
    Doom's fantasy about female Loki and Emma Frost was the most hilarious shit though.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I didn't feel like there was anything wrong with Tony's stance in the first half of the story, but they should have gone more with government and beuracracy started to take it further out of his control and he was kind of stuck instead of him just going further and further down "I'm right and I'll prove it by any means necessary" route.
    The point where Tony's stance falls apart is when Spider-man decides he doesn't want to hunt down non registered people anymore. Spidey is registered already and is breaking no laws. He just wants to quit. This is enough for Tony to try to take him into custody and for SHIELD to shoot to kill. Not to mention to sick supervillains after him. If not for the Punisher Spidey would be dead. Spider-man broke no laws at all and they, including Stark, treat him like a criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    The point where Tony's stance falls apart is when Spider-man decides he doesn't want to hunt down non registered people anymore. Spidey is registered already and is breaking no laws. He just wants to quit. This is enough for Tony to try to take him into custody and for SHIELD to shoot to kill. Not to mention to sick supervillains after him. If not for the Punisher Spidey would be dead. Spider-man broke no laws at all and they, including Stark, treat him like a criminal.
    it's fucking amazing how prophetic that was, huh?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    in terms of comic books and their stories, yes it is.
    god dark reign was rough, carol got a power-up to act as tony's enforcer as norman osbourne slowly took over everything tony built for the SHRA.
    Doom's fantasy about female Loki and Emma Frost was the most hilarious shit though.
    Is there an actual in world timeline? I really stoped trying to track events after battle world what ever that event was called.

Other wise though dark reign was by far my favourite era/event in marvel with great story’s out of Spider-Man the hulk and ares who sadly doesn’t get any attention any more. Though the post secret empire era is off to a pretty great start with all the comics there giving venom.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I don't get it either, they literally just announced the movie, then had a marvel wide event making her look like a terrible person.
    Ya unless they just make her a horrible person in the movie I don’t see why any one would go from that to the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Thor is even stronger than the Hulk
    Hulk has no conceivable end to his strength while he is conscious, the angrier he gets the more power he gets, and there is no limit to his anger.

Strength is debatable, but as the God of Thunder Thor has more power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    From the trailer. It may be short, but how she speaks to people, looks at them, carries herself, etc. I’ll watch the movie regardless because I really like Marvel movies, but I’m just not liking the trailer so far and I’m really not thrilled that they chose Brie Larson to play the hero. I just don’t think she fits the character.
    This really sounds like judgmental bitch syndrome.

Robert Downey Jr is a known piece of shit and was written off by the entertainment industry until he cleaned himself up and got the Iron Man role. But he's an attractive male so he must be a nice guy.

You know jack fucking shit about this actress aside from a short trailer where most of the speaking lines are by Samuel Jackson and apparently Captain Marvel/Brie Larson (can you distinguish the two?) is a raging bitch.

Yeah....Talk about book by its cover.

Flaming isn't allowed. Infracted.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2018-09-18 at 08:36 PM.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.