Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Definetly League of Legends. I still enjoyed the gameplay but had to quit because I couldn't tolerate the cancer that the community represented.

Most Moba's. Smite, League, Dota ect. Smite being the worst offender for me, usually run into a toxic person every couple of games from either team.

WoW without a doubt. The entitlement is kind of shocking, and always has been.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Heroes of Newerth. For the ppl that dont knoe what it is its one of the earlier dota clones. Be4 we got Leage of legends or Dota2.

Probobly due to the nature of the game with misstakes so easily snowballing in the opponents favor it created a supertoxic atmosphere.
    And the existance of a condedebutton requiring at least 4/5 ppl to vote yes in order to concede teh match (and thus avoiding leaver punishment) you whould ahve constant arguing every single game.

Scenarios like with 1 or 2 of the teammembers having a bad game wanting to concede even thou the game is far from over or on the other spectrum, teams who clearly doesnt stand even a remote chance of winning wanting to concede but having 2 guys who refuse to concede and thus forcing the game to go on.
    Both scenarios often leading to player typing in -allchat to communicate and aid the opposing team to win faster and easier.
    Good points. Dont think ive seen quite as many arguements as I have with HoN's concede function. Your carry gives up first blood and people start spamming it instantly.

Tis why i just played all mid mode before giving up on it

Quote Originally Posted by brob View Post
    I understand what your saying. But that is the extreme.

You can still be toxic saying someone is bad. I get that the guy we are grouped with is bad. But then just kick him. I dont want to sit through someone acting like a 10 yearold
    Extremes are a social construct. What constitutes as unsuitable conduct shifts with time. I think any flame regarding player skill is fair game where skill matters. I also think any flame specifically targeting a person's attributes outside the game is completely UNacceptable because things outside of the game have no bearing on gameplay itself.

And I don't do any content where you can "just kick him" as a problem solving measure as all of that content is, by this point in the expansion, a waste of time. You can't "just kick" someone from a keystone run without squandering the run, and you can't "just kick" a mythic raider from the roster without impacting progression.

World of Warcraft - Needs no introduction.

Overwatch - Let's make the most casual shooter ever, but then require everybody to work as a team where carrying is impossible.

CoD - Back when I played World at War/Modern Warfare 2 on 360 was pretty dire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly the community right here on this board.

Also Rainbow Six Siege was pretty bad, not sure what it's like today.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    WoW's community. In and out of game.

It has "toxic" players who aggressively offend people like any other game but also an impressive amount of the other kind of toxic players who get all huffy puffy and ruin everyone's fun if any little thing happens to offend them for some contrived reason, and to me that's the worst. Blizzard gives them the ability to censor people which just encourages it.
    Last edited by Hyral; 2018-09-18 at 01:18 PM.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

Overwatch.
    Dead by Daylight is an honorable mention; if it had voice coms I'm sure it could match Overwatch.

I've generally noticed the most toxic community tends to revolve not necessarily around specific games, but certain game types or game modes. Personally, I've seen the most toxic and nasty people imaginable in PvP-type games and modes. You can certainly get some unsettling folks in PvE games/modes, as well, but playing against fellow humans can bring out the worst in people.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    WoW's community. In and out of game.

It has "toxic" players who aggressively offend people like any other game but also an impressive amount of the other kind of toxic players who get all huffy puffy and ruin everyone's fun if any little thing happens to offend them for some contrived reason, and to me that's the worst. Blizzard gives them the ability to censor people which just encourages it.
    I'd say it has less to do with WoW and more to do with the social climate in the world today, although the player base in WoW (and other games) has changed in step and begun to reflect such social changes.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    LoL and fortnite without a doubt.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe I'm lucky but I almost never have bad experiences, dungeons and raids falling apart etc in WoW
    What's wrong with Fortnite out of curiosity? Never delved to deep into it's community. Just usually load up my PS4, jump in and play.

LoL, or any moba, but especially LoL

Definitely league of legends. If you could get to max level in that game you had thick skin, nevermind what came after.
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | Gigabyte B650 Gaming X AX | Teamgroup DDR5 6000 32GB RAM | Sapphire Radeon 7900XT | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB + SK Hynix P41 Platinum 1TB | Windows 11 Pro

“When you've burned the bridges behind you, don't go starting a fire on the one in front of you.” ― Steven Erikson, The Bonehunters

10+ Year Old Account
    The WoW community was never toxic when I played, seems to be a recent phenomenon among sad people who don't know any different.

The Star Citizen community. People fantasizing about their personal dream game and butting heads about it for years and years all the while sending threats to authors of critical articles etc.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    I used to love Chivalry, but it kinda got to that point. The last few games I played were people running around spamming emotes at each other and doing that weird Matrix backwards twisting bullshit to dodge everything (not sure if that was a bug or what).

Runescape for sure nothing even close

actually maybe league

League of Legends. I have several thousand games played there and got out couple of years ago. Feeling better without that dirt in my daily life.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

As someone who avoided the forums for a majority of my time playing WoW, I can easily say that I missed a majority of the toxicity people are referring to. I went years before anyone ever cussed me out in-game. Still, I've heard other MMO's are far worse.

Almost every MOBA game I've played consists with a high toxicity rate. A team based game that is competitive, yeah everyone will blame anyone but themselves for a loss.

Every loss ends with a "fuck you" between team mates and every win ends with "GG all". OW suffers this as well.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.