glad to see john taking credit for the prevention of mass switch threads

/sarcasm

It's a mods job to consolidate multiple threads into one. So no if john wasn't here there wouldn't be multiple switch threads. There probably still be one and people would still look at the reddit for their main source of info.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post

/sarcasm

It's a mods job to consolidate multiple threads into one. So no if john wasn't here there wouldn't be multiple switch threads. There probably still be one and people would still look at the reddit for their main source of info.
    Yeah that's just sad on so many levels.

He's not a Nintendo fan at all just because he posts any little snippet of news which quite frankly most of it is just for shameless bumping.

He can think he is a fan of Nintendo all he wants but he just isn't. He knows perfectly well what he does here and he's just as bad as similar people who do it in other sub forums/megathreads.

Not to mention in threads where someone asked about multiple versions of a game he's gone out of his way to attack other consoles to make the Switch appear in a better light.

I find Reddit somewhat annoying to navigate, unless I am very specific about what I'm searching for. Most of the time I don't know what I'm looking for.

So it's nice to just spend a few minutes in this megathread and just read the important highlights. Thanks guys!
    Last edited by Vineri; 2018-09-18 at 05:12 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post

/sarcasm

I was being facetious, but I guess people missed the little tongue emoticon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Yeah that's just sad on so many levels.

He's not a Nintendo fan at all just because he posts any little snippet of news which quite frankly most of it is just for shameless bumping.

He can think he is a fan of Nintendo all he wants but he just isn't. He knows perfectly well what he does here and he's just as bad as similar people who do it in other sub forums/megathreads.

Not to mention in threads where someone asked about multiple versions of a game he's gone out of his way to attack other consoles to make the Switch appear in a better light.
    If you can point me in the direction of where I have attack multiple versions of a game to make the Switch version better that wasn't me just saying "graphics vs portability, that would be great.

The only one I can remember specifically is indie games like Stardew Valley, where the PS4 and XBO version actually have nothing better than the Switch or PC versions.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.serebii.net/news/2018/18...ber-2018.shtml

Serebii's site manager got to spend a few hours with Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee:

Today, Nintendo and The Pokémon Company International were kind enough to allow me to play 2 hours of the start of Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! & Let's Go, Eevee! and I'm able to share everything that I experienced while playing the game. In the game demo, I was only able to play through the first two hours, back to the end of Brock's gym in Pewter City. This meant that there wouldn't be as much exploring but could truly show the elements of the game. It continues on much like Pokémon Yellow does, as you would suspect, with the progression that we know, going from Pallet Town through Viridian City and up to the Gym after Viridian Forest. There was then a small demo in Route 6 to showcase local co-operative play
    First, mechanically, the battles work pretty much exactly the same as previous main series Pokémon games with the physical and special split remaining in tact. IVs fully appear to be within the game but with limited time with the early part of the game it is impossible to completely determine if the IV spreads are identical to how they were in the games since Ruby & Sapphire. EVs are a different story.
    At present it's hard to say what the situation is with EVs. After some battles, an additional +1 appears in one stat such as Speed or Attack, but this +1 is also added with the candy obtained from transferring Pokémon with it listing how many more Candy a Pokémon needs for a boost
    As many people have speculated through various demos and videos, there are no held items in the game and no option to make a Pokémon hold an item. This means that many of the items you come to expect such as Choice Band cannot be found. In addition to this, Abilities also aren't in the game.
    Experience is definitely weighted more towards capture than battle. You typically seem to earn more experience points catching Pokémon but you will get bonuses if it's a new Pokémon, quality of capture and so forth. Synchronising capture with a second player locally also boosts the experience bonus.
    Capture is relatively simple. There's a Lure item that lasts for a few minutes which increases wild Pokémon spawns and Pinap Berries will increase chances of finding an item after catching a Pokémon. These items are typically berries.
    The capture element is much the same as in previous demos, but being able to see the Pokémon was a much more refreshing experience, allowing the player to try and avoid wild encounters if they are so inclined. The wild encounters do seem to provide a bit more experience than the traditional trainer battles. Pokémon also react differently to you based on species. Some are docile while others whille charge at you or Abra will teleport away if it spots you. The trainer battles also end with Poké Balls being given in order to continue capture.
    Despite my best efforts, I couldn't quite determine the mechanics behind Comboing Pokémon (catching Pokémon of the same species consecutively). I got to a combo of 13 with a Caterpie but can't say for sure if it boosted any IVs or did any further capture chances. A combo is broken if the Pokémon flees
    Combat Points are in the game, much like Pokémon GO and like Pokémon GO they are just a quick visual representation of the stats of a Pokémon taking on the Pokémon's level, stats and any stat boosts
    The partner Pokémon do appear to have larger base stats. By comparing a wild Pikachu with the starter Pikachu at the same level, there is a vast difference.
    The base power of Eevee's Sizzly Slide, Bouncy Bubble and Buzzy Buzz moves is 90.
    Jessie, James & Meowth appear only on in Viridian City. However, they justreplace the old man who needed his coffee who then shows you how to catch Pokémon. You still won't battle them until Mt. Moon
    As shown in the information release in June at E3, you need to have a Grass or Water-type Pokémon before entering Pewter City Gym. However, this is only needed to first enter it and isn't required in your actual team for when you are battling against Brock and his other gym trainers so any fears of ridiculously easy handholding difficulty can be laid to rest.
    You get given the first customisation option, the sportswear matching the default outfit of the trainer, by the rival's sister as you leave Pallet Town.
    Items are grouped into multiple categories. Your Pokémon Box is in your bag, as are Capture Items such as Berries and Balls, Healing Items, Battle Items such as Guard Spec. and Mega Stones, Candy and so forth. With this, you can also have items from other categories outside the main item list such as Lures, Town Map, Fossils and other key or miscellaneous items
    As with previous games, each gender option contains fourdifferent options of character skintone.
    There was also some play of the Support Player function where a second player can play in the game. Their following Pokémon is the second in your party and you share the same 6 Pokémon for battle. In this mode, the second player also can't interact with items, wild Pokémon or trainers.
    Overall, the game is clearly a main series Pokémon game, just with a few tweaks to lure in the uninitiated audience. It's not the competitive game so players want but it's at its soul, a true Pokémon game.
    - - - Updated - - -

Source Gaming found Smash Ultimate renders through Nintendo's press asset libraries and found a previously unknown Yoshi render that looks like it came out of Wooly World/Crafted World.

- - - Updated - - -

I also forgot about the Fortnite bundle coming out on October 5th:

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/...35520593911808

Damn, PS4 Fortnite bundle had an exclusive skin Switch just gets some v bucks lmao.

Smart bundle for the holiday season tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Damn, PS4 Fortnite bundle had an exclusive skin Switch just gets some v bucks lmao.

Smart bundle for the holiday season tho.
    What I forgot to mention is the bundle is $300. Based on the price of V-bucks I found, you are saving $10.

10+ Year Old Account
    The real reason why Isabelle is now in smash:
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    "It's only 20 bucks a year it's not a big deal!"

Yeah fuck that shit. I hope nobody buys into this so they cancel it quickly. We already have 2 platforms forcing you to pay for their online on top of the stuff you already have to pay for to use their platform. Now another one is coming in?

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    "It's only 20 bucks a year it's not a big deal!"

Yeah fuck that shit. I hope nobody buys into this so they cancel it quickly. We already have 2 platforms forcing you to pay for their online on top of the stuff you already have to pay for to use their platform. Now another one is coming in?
    Yes, all it took was 1 company doing it and succeeding at it.

When the others then see it, their investors are like wtf aren't we doing that? Why are we leaving that money on the table?

So, short story... Blame MS for it.

And it's not going to fail, so wishful thinking and all that but even if it initially bombs Smash will literally save the service by itself come December.

On a slightly good note, at least MS has added lots of value to XBL over time and Sony already made PS+ a good value before locking online play behind it so there is still hope that in the future Nintendo can make their service better but as of right now it's "fuck you pay me money cause you're going to anyways".

I am curious what the casual reception is going to look like come tom morning though. You know the people that don't read gaming news that just play MK8 or Splatoon online every now and then... What's going to be their reaction when they try to boot up the game and get taken to a pay wall screen? That's the hard part to predict because we never had a console maker try to change to this mid gen.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-09-18 at 09:39 PM.

I am curious what the casual reception is going to look like come tom morning though. You know the people that don't read gaming news that just play MK8 or Splatoon online every now and then... What's going to be their reaction when they try to boot up the game and get taken to a pay wall screen? That's the hard part to predict because we never had a console maker try to change to this mid gen.
    Honestly I think there is going to be a shit storm and I don't expect the service to do well at all.

What drives people to pay for PS+/XBL is yearly games like Call of Duty, Battlefield, Sports titles. Those are the main force behind selling both PS+ and XBL. The Switch only has what NBA? Is it even getting Fifa this year?

Smash will sell and get some people to pay for NO and so will MK8 and Splatoon. But I think each one of those will be a small niche group.

Also based on history I expect Smash's Online to be jank as fuck.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

If I remember correctly, it was on the "Featured News" on the part of the menu that appears when you come in from standby for a couple of days after the Direct, and it was a major focus of posts on Splatoon 2's Inkopolis Square posts for a day or so after the Direct.

But if you ended up missing any of those for some reason, you will likely be blindsided.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Honestly I think there is going to be a shit storm and I don't expect the service to do well at all.

What drives people to pay for PS+/XBL is yearly games like Call of Duty, Battlefield, Sports titles. Those are the main force behind selling both PS+ and XBL. The Switch only has what NBA? Is it even getting Fifa this year?

Smash will sell and get some people to pay for NO and so will MK8 and Splatoon. But I think each one of those will be a small niche group.

Also based on history I expect Smash's Online to be jank as fuck.
    It's looking like 2019 will see the big increase in numbers for people subscribing for online. There are the two late 2018 games (Smash and Let's Go), and then 2019s Animal Crossing and Pokemon Gen 8, and it's likely Luigi's Mansion 3 and Metroid Prime 4 will have online multiplayer as well.

Daemon X Machina likely won't push numbers that high for the Online raid bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    If I remember correctly, it was on the "Featured News" on the part of the menu that appears when you come in from standby for a couple of days after the Direct, and it was a major focus of posts on Splatoon 2's Inkopolis Square posts for a day or so after the Direct.
    You really think casuals take the time to read that shit? They button mash through it as fast as possible to get into gameplay.

In fact it will probably take them 3-4x of trying to mash into a game to realize what the game is telling them- that they now need to purchase an online sub to play the game they have been playing for no additional charge for months now.

The core gamers will sub to NO to play Splatoon, Smash etc... But Nintendo could have a shit storm brewing when the casuals find out. What happens when little jimmy comes home from school tomorrow, finishes his homework in a hurry only to realize he can no longer play MK8D online? He's going to cry to his parents, who will likely add to a shit storm on social media.

IDK tbh if I was Nintendo I wouldn't have pulled this shit mid gen, better to do it right from the start like PS4 so there is NO confusion. It's not a gamble with the core gamers, but very much is so with the casuals that the Switch has attracted in droves.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-09-18 at 10:17 PM.

there is still hope that in the future Nintendo can make their service better but as of right now it's "fuck you pay me money cause you're going to anyways".
    Nintendo understandign enough about online and internet to make the service worth even teh 20 bucks it costs?

BWAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!
    Good one!

https://twitter.com/jackboxgames/sta...080224256?s=19

Jackbox games, including the upcoming 5th entry, will not require Switch Online to play online.

Check Splatoon 2 right now and Inkopolis is a lot of "my parents wont pay for online, goodbye splatoon!" style messages above players heads.

So now they will just play fortnite for free and not pay a sub fee for first party and be wary fo 1st party in future. GG Nintendo, u da bes'

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Nintendo understandign enough about online and internet to make the service worth even teh 20 bucks it costs?
    If the service does not perform up to expectations yes, Nintendo has a history of increasing it's value per dollar.

Hell look no further then the 3DS and Wii U both underperforming. Both led to price cuts, the ambassador program for early adopters on 3DS and the Digital Deluxe Promotion on the Wii U for all owners of the deluxe system which all added tremendous value.

Memers gonna meme but that's the reality. If it does well as it, Nintendo will stand there with status quo. If it performs below expectations Nintendo will increase the value in it. It has nothing to do with them understanding anything. MS saw XBL starting to lose out to PS+ as a service... they increased it's value by offering similar free games and discounts. No different.

It's not different then if bare bones tech demos like 1-2 Switch and ARMS didn't sell over a million copies maybe lesser quality Switch games would be sold at cheaper prices then they currently are, but they did sell well so it is what it is for now.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Check Splatoon 2 right now and Inkopolis is a lot of "my parents wont pay for online, goodbye splatoon!" style messages above players heads.

So now they will just play fortnite for free and not pay a sub fee for first party and be wary fo 1st party in future. GG Nintendo, u da bes'
    I just wish there could be a way for the Online to totally flop. Then maybe they could reconsider their strategy and do somethign of value instead of extortion.

But no. Smash will make it success. Fuck it all.

- - - Updated - - -

If the service does not perform up to expectations yes, Nintendo has a history of increasing it's value per dollar.

Hell look no further then the 3DS and Wii U both underperforming. Both led to price cuts, the ambassador program for early adopters on 3DS and the Digital Deluxe Promotion on the Wii U for all owners of the deluxe system which all added tremendous value.

Memers gonna meme but that's the reality. If it does well as it, Nintendo will stand there with status quo. If it performs below expectations Nintendo will increase the value in it. It has nothing to do with them understanding anything. MS saw XBL starting to lose out to PS+ as a service... they increased it's value by offering similar free games and discounts. No different.

It's not different then if bare bones tech demos like 1-2 Switch and ARMS didn't sell over a million copies maybe lesser quality Switch games would be sold at cheaper prices then they currently are, but they did sell well so it is what it is for now.
    But 3DS and Wii U are consoles. Hardware. Something which Nintendo knows well, despite their wacky antics at being different for the past decade.

Nintendo knows and understands fuckall about online gaming. They barely have bare bones systems up, and now they are charging premium for that below minimum delivery.

But 3DS and Wii U are consoles. Hardware. Something which Nintendo knows well, despite their wacky antics at being different for the past decade.

Nintendo knows and understands fuckall about online gaming. They barely have bare bones systems up, and now they are charging premium for that below minimum delivery.
    What does that have to do with anything?

Increasing it's value does not mean making their online not shit. It could be as simple as making the service now include 1 NES, 1 SNES, 1 handheld, 1 GC and 1 N64 game a month. Instead of the 5 shitty NES games or whatever.

Increasing it's value could be offering better discounts with the service, lets say a 20% off coupon for purchase of 1 game per moth digitally. Etc...

That would increase it's value and has nothing to do with Nintendo knowing jack shit about online play lol... Not sure what you're trying to argue here. It's key that I said add value to the service, not improve the base service...
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-09-18 at 10:45 PM.

I just wish there could be a way for the Online to totally flop. Then maybe they could reconsider their strategy and do somethign of value instead of extortion.

But no. Smash will make it success. Fuck it all.

Just another reason the Smash community is a fucking plague.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    https://twitter.com/jackboxgames/sta...080224256?s=19

Jackbox games, including the upcoming 5th entry, will not require Switch Online to play online.
    So wait, games can opt out of the NO requirement as well.........

Jesus fucken christ.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD