Poll: Is youtube spreading right wing extremism?

Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoopid Aik View Post
    Jesus, what dystopian world do you live in?

Peterson isn't even near the spectrum of a right-wing extremist. Harris is a classic conservative.

White South African genocide isn't up for a political debate. It's a fact. White South Africans are being murdered for their land and we have video evidence of leaders in South Africa saying that they will resort to murder if these people don't give up their land.

It might be easy for a westerner like you to dismiss third world country problems, but I can assure you that people living the nightmare everyday are experiencing the effects.
    hi

my girlfriend is white south african

most of her family, aunts/uncles/cousins/her brother and old school friends all still live in south africa and for the most part are white south africans.

i can tell you, unequivocally, that what you are posting about white south africans being murdered for their land is bullshit. 110% grade A right wing propaganda bullshit with no basis in reality.

the closest thing to a basis in actual reality, is the cult in SA who believe the black uprising is coming, these guys are fucking nuts. there's a documentary series on netflix about "dark holidays" or some shit, honestly can't remember the name of the show, but anyways, one of the episodes focuses on south africa and interviews members of this bonkers cult. i'd suggest giving it a watch, but i worry you might actually take the crazy people seriously.
    Last edited by smokii; 2018-09-19 at 02:15 PM.
    <insert witty signature here>

Quote Originally Posted by GreenGoldSharpie View Post
    It's certainly teaching a bunch of kids that sitting on your duff and shit talking on the internet is political engagement and organizing.

It's precisely why even when they control the government the right has done exactly shit regarding their supposed priorities that won't be immediately reversed when the Democrats take over again. Except a giant, budget busting tax cut, that is.
    *Awkward cough*

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, its the left whos losing the narrative, and thus, territory. This reflects on platforms like Youtube.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foosha View Post
    This is why Trump won. Can the left be alienate their voting blocs even more? LETS FIND OUT
    Exactly the more toxic and idiotic the left/liberals get the more people get sick and tired of it all.. This is one of the main reasons Trump won and with the way things are going, will not be surprised to see him win a second term..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    A recent report is spreading around about how Youtube has a network of commentators who are spreading right wing extremism. The report, from Data&Society, a non-profit organization that is partially funded by donors like George Soros and the Gates Foundation, raises concerns that right wingers are not being adequately censored enough, and are even allowed to make money off of talking to people with inappropriate opinions.

Do you listen to any commentators on Youtube? Do you believe that people like Sargon of Akkad are facilitating the spread of extreme right wing ideology?

https://www.salon.com/2018/09/18/how...paganda-organ/

https://variety.com/2018/digital/new...rs-1202946918/

Source of report:
    https://datasociety.net/
    You might be getting brainwashed into right wing extremism if you watch these people:
    It's pretty great seeing these right wing posters being triggered because the views they support don't comport with the real world. Same shit, different decade.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    "sitting on your duff and shit talking on the internet is political engagement and organizing."

Saying that statement, on the internet is one of the best self-contradictions I've seen a while, congrats
    Well, with your limited thinking, sure, but expecting someone of your caliber to get the point is generally silly. The Democratic Party has entire policy shops and organs that actively recruit college grads and are writing and passing sample legislation in blue states across the country. Should they get the House, most committee leaders are expected to come into power with both barrels loaded. If the Republicans manage to keep the Senate McConnell is going to be sitting on piles of legislation he'll be afraid to bring to the floor. If the Democrats manage to snag it Trump is going to be wearing out his veto pen.

The Republicans have passed absurdly little for owning the government. It's pathetic.

Circumstances don't make the man

they reveal it.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    no, i said that they believe anyone not pushing progressive bullshit shouldn't be allowed to have a platform.

progressivism is a cancer on liberalism. true, classical liberalism is the right way, but conservatives should be allowed to have their say as well. the hate speech of nazis(or other racial supremacists) is free speech as well, which should be allowed to have a platform.
    Liberalism is progressive by definition, as usual you have no idea what you're talking about.

You created a false dichotomy between right wing extremists and progressive liberals as if they're the only two options, ie you apparently don't know that the regular right wing exists. Ie, you think all right wingers are neo-Nazis.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Yep. Definitely a game of 7 degrees of Richard Spencer.
    Well put lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I'm suddenly right wing because I know joe rogan isn't an extremist? Or I think it's dumb to put the number 1 recipient of anti-semitic hate (Ben Shapiro) on the same team as a Neo-Nazi like Spencer? Genuine question, what's it like to live in a world where you completely ignore simple fact? Must be bliss for you
    Eh. They don't ignore simple fact. They were never aware of it int he first place. Spencer has more in common on government policy with Bernie Sanders than he does Ben Shapiro, but to know that, you'd have to know anything about what either Spencer or Shapiro believe, rather than just hear generic insults about them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    no, i said that they believe anyone not pushing progressive bullshit shouldn't be allowed to have a platform.

progressivism is a cancer on liberalism. true, classical liberalism is the right way, but conservatives should be allowed to have their say as well. the hate speech of nazis(or other racial supremacists) is free speech as well, which should be allowed to have a platform.
    Why should they? It is literally the re-treading of the same shit, for the past two centuries, at least in the US. Phrenology, chattel slavery, prosperity gospel; all extremely popular platforms right wingers used in the 19th century to perpetuate their bullshit. Fast forward to mid 20th century; segregation, Jim Crow, doublespeak of white conservative politicians using rhetoric to suppress other citizens rights.

Nothing new, nothing novel, just the same rhetoric used to empower the already powerful at the expense of everyone else.

You, like many others in this thread, are projecting your insecurities of other human beings given agency and the ability to speak their mind and redress their grievances to the government.

the number 1 recipient of anti-semitic hate (Ben Shapiro)
    You know he isn't, right?

Well, maybe he does get more than most, given that his audience is full of neo-Nazis and white supremacists. Wonder why. Hmmmmmmmmm.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sitting on your duff and shit talking on the internet is political engagement and organizing.

Keep at it buttercup
    I like how you continue to miss the point when I expressly spelled it out for you. Ryan, in particular, has been one of the greatest legislative failures in the history of the House. Hell, even McConnell failed in his primary objective of killing Obamacare.

But, keep thinking youtube is going to change the world. It won't. You still need to make legislative sausage, and the Republicans are murdering their butchers.

The left has gone straight bonkers.

Quote Originally Posted by cronotose View Post
    Eh. They don't ignore simple fact. They were never aware of it int he first place. Spencer has more in common on government policy with Bernie Sanders than he does Ben Shapiro, but to know that, you'd have to know anything about what either Spencer or Shapiro believe, rather than just hear generic insults about them.
    Asking what Spencer's opinion on government policy is is kind of like asking what Hitler's opinion on zoning permits is.

But you are essentially correct that neo-Nazis like Spencer have no fixed ideology outside of hatemongering. They pretend to be right wing in order to infest it like the parasite they are - if empowered they'd happily sell out every right wing principle under the sun. In fact, they are.

"Sitting on your duff and shit talking on the internet is political engagement and organizing."

Keep at it buttercup
    I wouldn't keep shoving their poor word choices in their face. This is Endus levels of "It's different when I do it".

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm suddenly right wing because I know joe rogan isn't an extremist? Or I think it's dumb to put the number 1 recipient of anti-semitic hate (Ben Shapiro) on the same team as a Neo-Nazi like Spencer? Genuine question, what's it like to live in a world where you completely ignore simple fact? Must be bliss for you
    Yeah, since Ben Shapiro advocates issues that will only exacerbate and isolate people of color in society. This isn't a new or exciting concept that is being used by these youtube figureheads you guys fawn over; as Nazi Germany and the Jim Crow South, both real world implementations of conservative thought, had extremely sophisticated means to keep people deluded and brainwashed. They should all be blackballed like Alex Jones, let them create their own "alternative platform" so the world can watch them crash and burn when they cannot attract advertising revenue.

15+ Year Old Account
    donors like George Soros and the Gates Foundation, raises concerns that right wingers are not being adequately censored enough
    Hmmm.......

Anyone replying to machismo, don't waste your time. It's a complete waste of effort - if he says some dumb shit, accept that's just what he does and don't correct him, if he quotes you, just ignore it. He's the epitome of a troll
    Are you just mad that I have proven your utter hypocrisy on numerous occasions?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Are you just mad that I have proven your utter hypocrisy on numerous occasions?
    He's generally deliberately obtuse, so not hard.

Not my words though are they
    Nope. Hence the dodge to McConnell, for some reason, when pointed out they do the exact same thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Liberalism is progressive by definition, as usual you have no idea what you're talking about.

You created a false dichotomy between right wing extremists and progressive liberals as if they're the only two options, ie you apparently don't know that the regular right wing exists. Ie, you think all right wingers are neo-Nazis.

Well put lol.
    You laugh. That plays into how much of a joke this is.