Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Anchor Weed Hotfix live

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...019652#post-11

We've got a current hotfix in the works that should address some of the right now problems by increasing the amount of Anchor Weed per gather for ranks 2 and 3.

People reporting 7-8 procs

That is awesome!

Yaaaay... now the prices will sink and make these things less valuable. -_-'

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Yaaaay... now the prices will sink and make these things less valuable. -_-'
    True, I just put all the weed I had on the AH to sell before the news hit the masses :>

There's no chance this will actually make flasks profitable is there? I just think flasks will drop in price as Anchorweed does, but will basically remain the same in terms of profit.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

if i could find more than 1 an hour...

If you aren't finding more than one an hour that is a you problem. I often farm some herbs for lunch and have never found less than 5 or so nodes in that time frame. Hell I just logged in at peak times earlier and while doing emissary quests found I think 3 nodes.

If you think this change is bad, you're just a greedy punk. Anchor Weed prices, and therefore flask prices, were absolutely ludicrous. You're still gonna make a profit, but you gotta think of the people spending their gold, too.
    The world would be a lot better of a place if people would just shut the fuck up and listen to each other and talk things out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lens Hunter View Post
    If you think this change is bad, you're just a greedy punk. Anchor Weed prices, and therefore flask prices, were absolutely ludicrous. You're still gonna make a profit, but you gotta think of the people spending their gold, too.
    That's not how capitalism works at all. I digress though, WoW has become a "everything needs to be accessible to everyone" game though.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    That's not how capitalism works at all. I digress though, WoW has become a "everything needs to be accessible to everyone" game though.
    As someone who can only play a few hours a night, and not every night, I don't have an issue with this.
    The world would be a lot better of a place if people would just shut the fuck up and listen to each other and talk things out.

How many do you get per node now?

Used to be 3 to 5.

I believe Flasks should fall into the category.

Quote Originally Posted by Lens Hunter View Post
    As someone who can only play a few hours a night, and not every night, I don't have an issue with this.
    Don't you feel like... I don't know, it's a good thing having to put some effort into advancing your characters? I'm not saying you don't, but hell mobile games require more effort than WoW.

Don't you feel like... I don't know, it's a good thing having to put some effort into advancing your characters? I'm not saying you don't, but hell mobile games require more effort than WoW.
    While I do agree that putting effort into making my character better is a good thing. I don't think consumables for a temporary buff u
    Is the same thing.

How is it advancing your character by using a flask or a potion? It's a temporary boost to your stats while raiding or doing M+, not a piece of gear. At this point, raiding is probably one of the most expensive things to do in the game, and it's a massive selling point for a lot of people. It's not like it takes some massive amount of effort or skill to go out and gather, it's time consuming, and your average person doesn't have that kind of time.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, raids are balanced around the assumption that anyone who doesn't outgear them is flasked... so...
    The plural of anecdote is not "data". It's "Bayesian inference".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyButt View Post
    How many do you get per node now?

Used to be 3 to 5.
    This is the real question indeed. Anyone already knows what the change really is in numbers ?

Quote Originally Posted by cerbje View Post
    This is the real question indeed. Anyone already knows what the change really is in numbers ?
    I've farmed 300 anchor weeds this morning, with the hotfix active.. I've seen nothing below 5, and up to 8. So I'm guessing it went from 3-5, to 5-8.

Deleted
    It's the wrong thing to fix though. Flasks weren't the issue. They last for 1h (or 2 for most because Alchemy). Pot prices are much much more insane as you will use several per raid evening, even when using them smarly, i.e. only when boss is in kill-range.

If they halved pot resource costs, it would be OK. Anchor weed: not an issue. Anyone that wants to can farm enough of them to create the 2-4 flasks for an evening in an hour or so.

People still think, after 14years, that flasks, pots and food makes or breaks your kill/progress? Good one!