Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    You're wrong, though. Rogue&friend learned a valuable lesson about why you don't chimp out and throw a tantrum like a big baby. They have all the fault, for not acting like civilized adults.

They're absolutely at fault. I wouldn't stay either. I'm not here to carry a bunch of entitled manchildren through a dungeon when they can't treat me like a person.

If Blizzard for whatever reason decided to punish people who leave. I'd just stop up and wait for a kick.
    And that is why i think people like you should be punished
    You think it counts as a "valuable lesson" where in fact you would just show them that they got what they wanted and as an addition you punished 2 ppl who were being friendly
    Last edited by Kramml; 2018-09-28 at 10:47 AM.

Deleted
    This is actually a very good example why punishment of m+ leavers is not possible. In the scenario above, the tank had every right to leave, and while unfortunately, those people that call others names in videogames are either too childish or too arrogant to even recognize that they did something wrong, they should learn a lesson from it.

So should the others that have not interfered. Like saying in group chat that you should not insult the tank but have a constructive discussion on what to do better.

The ones who should have been punished were those that abused the tank verbally, and they kind of have by not completing the key.

well done tank ! , those raging kids should be punished not the tank.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kramml View Post
    You think it counts as a "valuable lesson" where in fact you would just show them that they got what they wanted and as an addition you punished 2 ppl who were being friendly
    Not interfering when someone does something wrong is in a lot of cases almost as bad as doing something wrong yourself...

In the real world, if you see someone robbing a bank and would have a chance to interfere but don't, you get punished for that as well. Exaggerating for effect here, I know that robbing a bank is not comparable to verbally abusing someone in chat.

Good on the tank, it's a pug no point putting up with their shit. And no Blizzard shouldn't do anything about it, in the case that they find evidence of a player purposely dropping out to fuck over runs then yes maybe they should but honestly this is just the trade off of having cross server play.

Tank is the king, no self-respecting tank will tolerate crybaby tantrum from a pug kiddo, and don't forget he'll most likely be insta-invited into another group and you have to wait t ensemble sethralis 8 for another 30 minutes.
    Lesson learnt.
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

Actually he is right. The person who left the dungeon because two idiots started insulting for no reason at all is right. I would have done the same.

Behave like a human being and you will finish the key.

Edit: Oh and yes, he will find another group in a matter of seconds. As tank you can freely chose wich dungeon you want to do. You get instant invites anyway. The lack of tanks in m+ at the moment is as bad as never before. I wonder why that is...
    Last edited by Naiyano; 2018-09-28 at 10:57 AM.

I mean to flame in a competitive game is one thing - but flaming when you fight as a team vs computers?

Then you are mad that he left the dungeon? So what do another one.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    I mean to flame in a competitive game is one thing - but flaming when you fight as a team vs computers?

Then you are mad that he left the dungeon? So what do another one.
    I am mad because i lost time

Deleted
    Hey,

So i was doing a Temple of Sethralis +9 couple hours ago, took about 30 minutes to assemble the party - wanted to get people who know dungeon.

Dungeon was going pretty well bosses died on 1st try, adds were taken care of properly. Problems appeared only when we got to the market, where the orbs are. With necrotic this week those mobs do make life harder so we wiped couple of times but got it over with and nobody seemed raging out about anything.

Our rogue wanted to skip the adds before the last boss to maybe complete the key in time (we were at around 32 min out of 36 to complete in time, so i doubt we could have done it in time) so he let everyone know that he want to shroud and run to the boss. Apparently tank either didn't see it or he just didn't care probably thinking that we won't do it in time anyway, so he pulled the mobs.

When he pulled the mobs rogue and his friend went off the rails and started calling tank "idiot" and "retarded", said that tank depleted the key twice already (tank overpulled market mobs couple times that lead to wiping). Considering i see alot of people "rage" and talk shit in this game i didn't really care about that and just wanted to move on and finish my key, but tank decided that he was insulted too much and just left our group and went offline.

Even tho i hate people who insult others like that during any content in this game i still think that person who should be punished is the tank. Rogue and his friend are just couple of those thousands of people who overreact on things and start insulting others, but i expect people who play this game frequently to be used to this kind of people - just ignore them and move on.

In my opinion people who leave M+ dungeons before completing should be punished, because in the end everyone lost more than an hour of their time without achieving anything.

It was just a backstory to why i am asking if Blizzard are thinking about adding some punishments for that kind of players.

Also english is not my first language so forgive me for mistakes.
    Thing is you assemble your party. If he left he wasted his time, that is the punishment. You might have said "time run" or "chill run" in the description of que. He joined that, it was not chill, he left. I have left some because people are like 3k score + then be like this is my guildmate, 3.5k main but he is on alt.. we enter and he dies on every second pull. Yea, nah, bye

7+ Year Old Account
    Nope.

A player is free to leave if they're not happy.

Players who insult others should be punished.

The time wasted being unhappy (because of toxic people) is worse than the time wasted hunting someone new (or not getting as good a reward).
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

You are kidding, right?
    People who leave because of one wipe (probably because they are so new to M+ that they have no idea how the system works) are annoying as hell, but you want people to be punished, because they didn't want to play with abusive assholes anymore?

Blizzard is already giving you the tools to punish the people who ruined your run (the rogue&friends). The tank just removed himself from a toxic situation. Which is what everyone should do, if they feel like the rewards at the end are not worth staying in a group with people like that.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by sathus View Post
    Thing is you assemble your party. If he left he wasted his time, that is the punishment. You might have said "time run" or "chill run" in the description of que. He joined that, it was not chill, he left. I have left some because people are like 3k score + then be like this is my guildmate, 3.5k main but he is on alt.. we enter and he dies on every second pull. Yea, nah, bye
    The thing is run was very smooth, road to last boss was the time when insults hit him and he instantly left.

I am mad because i lost time
    The route is the goal. You spend time because you enjoy doing it. If you think you waste your time you should spend less time playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    People who say nothing while another player is abused are not "friendly", they're equally responsible for the group failing.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    The route is the goal. You spend time because you enjoy doing it. If you think you waste your time you should spend less time playing.
    It was a waste of time because i achieved nothing. The goal is the goal not the road. Route for sure is a good thing to spend time on but i enjoy it less when i get nowhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    People who say nothing while another player is abused are not "friendly", they're equally responsible for the group failing.
    I did not have enough time to say anything. Tank left after 15 seconds of being called a retard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did not have enough time to say anything. Tank left after 15 seconds of being called a retard.
    You said in the OP he was insulted more than once, also called an "idiot".

What i meant was that the first insult hit, then passed 15 seconds during which "idiot" and "retard" hit couple times and he left. Just the time passed was too fast for me to defuse because we were fighting a pack during all this and i didn't pay attention at this the moment insults started hitting.

Like it takes more than 15 seconds to fit in a couple more insults, lol.

Deleted
    lol @ everyone saying you should ban toxic players

you should also ban bad players and just let the game play between top 250 guilds and 2.4+ arena and 2.7+ rbg players

if bad people aren't told what they're doing is wrong they will stay bad forever

so many people are content to be dogshit at this game (this also extends beyond the game) because we should accept everyone