Thread: Prot Buffs

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    all blizz had to do is remove GCD off ignore pain..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by madmonkie44 View Post
    -Protection
    -Vanguard now increases armor by 50% of Strength (was 45%).
    -Vanguard increases Stamina by 40% (was 35%).

So far we got some small buffs to armor and HP.

I sincerely hope it's a different type of buff, this is not going to make or break anything... In fact, nothing will change really. We need rotational changes, not band-aid buffs that do fuck all. How is that 5% armor or stamina from Vanguard going to increase my survivability against hard hitting caster/ranged mobs? How will I survive when my mitigation is down?

Ignore pain is the answer to most of it and it needs reworking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by madmonkie44 View Post
    -Protection
    -Vanguard now increases armor by 50% of Strength (was 45%).
    -Vanguard increases Stamina by 40% (was 35%).

So far we got some small buffs to armor and HP.
    Its nice that Protection is on their radar but these are arguably pointless. The STA buff is miniscule and the armor change doesn't really fix anything - it isn't the 'physical damage' stuff that warrior tanks struggle with, its poison/bleeds/etc. I honestly thought warrior tanks were fine until I ran Mythic Underrot - holy shit, the 360-ish warrior tank in there was getting destroyed pull after pull.

IP needs to go back to how it worked in Legion, or it needs to be the new Mastery. (e.g. how much it absorbs scales with Mastery)
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I almost feel more insulted by these buffs than if they hadn't bothered at all :P
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

remember Tuesday's buff isn't the rework, its just a barely bandaid. The rework is coming in 8.1

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BossManRoth View Post
    remember Tuesday's buff isn't the rework, its just a barely bandaid. The rework is coming in 8.1
    They even stated in the blue post that significant spell changes requires a patch.

Vanguard was the perfect place to slap some bandaid fixes but it general, we hopefully get a rework in 8.1

The Vanguard change is utterly pointless and so far on the PTR we have even less than we do now with zero spell or talent changes. Surely a simple post from them stating these are our plans heres what we have so far would go along to ease the frustration in the warrior community. Instead of the current situation where we know absolutely nothing about anything. If they cannot do that because they dont know yet then we are well and truly screwed.

Deleted
    I honestly feel like they should go back an re-iterate prot warriors.. Ignore Pain is not fun IMO!

MoP Prot was fun (The dodge/parry build -> that in return gave crit -> that in return gave a good pool of rage).
    You chose between Shield Block and Shield Barrier - with a bunch of utility in your shouts and banners. (Seriously see how many offensive and defensive CDs they had: http://www.mop-veins.tk/protection-w...owns-abilities)

But now, only monks are allowed to have a 100% DR, with Guard - which I find stupid.. Monks even have better passive mitigation and self-healing..

The class-fantasy of prot is not working out anymore.. The passive mitigation needs to be the best in the game, if they insist on keeping the "Hard as a rock - but no selfheals"-fantasy.

TLDR: If they want to keep the class fantasy they need to make changes to the spells.. F.ex. Shield Barrier.
    Last edited by mmocd263d4cc9c; 2018-09-29 at 09:58 AM.

Deleted
    Hardly likely they will want to introduce too many changes, Blizzard is completely against reworking classes or making them too good. They usually go over data and sit on it for long periods before making decisions, and even then they'll be like "well, hopefully we'll nail it better next expansion" before it starts all over again.

I felt really good with my prot warrior in MoP, had no issues tanking content and getting a top 40 kill on Garrosh (25 HC) back in the day. I can't say the same right now, there probably isn't any prot warrior in the top 40 and if there are then I'm wondering why the guild hasn't benched them or that person hasn't rerolled yet. I know monks were favourites in Challenge Mode dungeons, but primarily because they could abuse zen meditiation to get retarded vengeance, warriors did still just fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Esotaric View Post
    all blizz had to do is remove GCD off ignore pain..
    Prot needs far more than that

Removing ignore pain would be better too

Quote Originally Posted by quizzlemanizzle View Post
    Prot needs far more than that

Removing ignore pain would be better too
    Yeah, remove death strike from DK and Light of the Protector from Paladins because they're on GCD too. Wait, what?

Quote Originally Posted by zeidrich View Post
    Yeah, remove death strike from DK and Light of the Protector from Paladins because they're on GCD too. Wait, what?
    Those abilities do far more for their corresponding specs than what ip does for prot. It's way under tuned on top of the gcd bs.

Ds- heal and physical shield
    LoP- at low how is a very nice heal

Tanks with less self healing (minus brm) should take less damage upfront. I thought that was blizzards stance at one point. Certain tanks took more damage cause they could counter some of that with their healing. And tanks that couldn't took less upfront damage but relied on healers more. In the sense that hey I'm low on hp and I don't have a CD to give me half or even full health back. IP seems to be the problem for me. Not no cutting edge M player but what I do play I do feel it. I swap out tanking on certain m+ that has more magic damage.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Well this is disappointing. Gameplay and rotational issues aside was really hoping to receive sufficient buffs to bring our representation in M+ and Mythic raiding up to a decent level but this doesn't even get us close. There may be a mastery rework on the table for 8.1 but it looks like go arms/fury or reroll until then.

My vision of the "warrior" has always been that of a meat shield, and the class fantasy should mirror that, just like the paladin is a holy warrior who uses the light to bolster their ability to take damage, the druid bear is a monster tank with very high health but no defense.

It seems blizzard have forgotten what their own class fantasy was.

Quote Originally Posted by Leih View Post
    I almost feel more insulted by these buffs than if they hadn't bothered at all :P
    Pretty much
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Ignore pain off GCD is all I want, but we all know what the answer is.

Deleted
    Crit strikes needs to generate more rage for sure if IP gonna get off GCD (and it lift crit from useless stat to decent one)

- - - Updated - - -

Well now prot rework is basically confirmed in 8.1, hope they makes things right

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    Crit strikes needs to generate more rage for sure if IP gonna get off GCD (and it lift crit from useless stat to decent one)

- - - Updated - - -

Well now prot rework is basically confirmed in 8.1, hope they makes things right
    can u show source ? when it have been confirmed?

lol %5 increase to stamina and armor. excuse me but what the fuck?
    It doesn't fix a shit. We are the lowest DPS compared to other tanks with lowest survival.
    Rage generation is also shit to keep shield block and IP up most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    lol %5 increase to stamina and armor. excuse me but what the fuck?
    It doesn't fix a shit. We are the lowest DPS compared to other tanks with lowest survival.
    Rage generation is also shit to keep shield block and IP up most of the time.
    We're the what?