Quote Originally Posted by lolbubble View Post
    I just bought a switch last week along /w botw and I LOVE IT! I was initially playing on the tablet because I have no tv and it looks so beautiful and vibrant.

Anyone recommend other really good games? (I'm trying to get a used mario odyssey)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Well you said Odyssey.

Mario and Rabbits Kindom Battle is great.

Bayonettas, though if you buy physical, don't get it used. That is borderline scam since Bayonetta 1 is a digital download code even with the Physical Bayo 2.

Xenoblade 2 for modern JRPG and Octopath Traveller for traditional JRPG.

Splatoon 2 is gutted by the Online bullshit, but it was still decent fun.

Almost any worthwhile Indie is out on Switch right now, so if you know any you'd like to play, and don't have them on other platforms, Switch is great console to play them on.

And of course Smash Brosh Ultimate comes out in December.
    Can't forget Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Snipperclips is also a really good smaller game for the Switch.

Quote Originally Posted by lolbubble View Post
    I just bought a switch last week along /w botw and I LOVE IT! I was initially playing on the tablet because I have no tv and it looks so beautiful and vibrant.

Anyone recommend other really good games? (I'm trying to get a used mario odyssey)
    If you have friends to play with Mario Kart 8 is a must own, even if nobody you know owns a switch two joycons is enough for split screen and online and its got a lot of replay value.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    We have given up: the character design.
    Rock with arms.
    Red and white ball
    Pigeon
    Rat
    Buff guy
    Koi carp
    Pile of sludge

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Pigeon
    Rat
    Buff guy
    Koi carp
    Pile of sludge
    you forgot bag of garbage and bigger bag of garbage.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

10+ Year Old Account
    I heared rummors that Nintendo Switch players now cannot purchase DLC for games without a Nintendo Online subscription since yesterday.
    Not sure if its true as i cant find any info yet.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    I heared rummors that Nintendo Switch players now cannot purchase DLC for games without a Nintendo Online subscription since yesterday.
    Not sure if its true as i cant find any info yet.
    https://techraptor.net/content/lego-...-switch-online

It's specifically all DLC (both free and paid) for LEGO Worlds. The person who brought it everyone's attention said he's talked with WB and they said it was a Nintendo change in policy, and they've contacted Nintendo and haven't heard back from them yet.

I think this is just a bug in the system. This is kinda like the F2P marble game whose online was locked behind Switch Online and they sent in a patch to fix it; also, I haven't heard any other games having this issue, and a quick search isn't turning up anything. So, if there are any others having issues, it might be best to signal boost them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    you forgot bag of garbage and bigger bag of garbage.
    We're going for gen 1. The point is that you can't claim "running out of ideas" when some of the original 151 get a pass just for being there from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    We're going for gen 1. The point is that you can't claim "running out of ideas" when some of the original 151 get a pass just for being there from the start.
    Not just ONE but TWO literal caterpillars that had like 0 changes from the actual animals other than size..
    A Pokeball with eyes....
    An amorphous blob of goo.
    A freaking flower....

They were never really...original. And most of them are just based on Japanese folklore anyway.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

I have been hearing from ResetERA that physical preorders from most online retailers for Daemon X Machina have been cancelled.

I don't expect that Nintendo has cancelled the game outright, but I wonder if maybe Nintendo is going to sell the game as digital only.

- - - Updated - - -

Two new battle tracks for Splatoon 2 going to be added in patch 4.1 later today from the band Diss-Pair:

Seasick:

Easy Queasy:

- - - Updated - - -

Afternoon on the Island (Tomodachi Life) by Masashi Takada

15+ Year Old Account
    Mario party has 4 fuckin boards. Like what is their problem making half finished games?

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Mario party has 4 fuckin boards. Like what is their problem making half finished games?
    Because they know people will buy it anyway. I'm not spending 60 for it. Not for 4 boards
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

ND Cube is the worst fucking dev Nintendo owns.

They ruined the MP franchise and have other smashing hits like Wii Party, Wii Party U and let's not forget Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Because they know people will buy it anyway. I'm not spending 60 for it. Not for 4 boards
    Im not getting it without online period.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    ND Cube is the worst fucking dev Nintendo owns.

They ruined the MP franchise and have other smashing hits like Wii Party, Wii Party U and let's not forget Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival.
    Well it makes sense then. I think nintendo needs to stop making games for the sake of it. The same company that said they cant make a new fzero because they cant think of anything new for it

10+ Year Old Account
    In other news, fucking Amazon always dicking the dog anymore with shipping games out on time with no accurate shipping times.

I just want to beat Impact Man while pooping, fuck!

Well it makes sense then. I think nintendo needs to stop making games for the sake of it. The same company that said they cant make a new fzero because they cant think of anything new for it
    Bandai Namco would probably jump at the opportunity to make an F-Zero game if Nintendo green lit it for them so it wouldn't even have to take up their resources.

But eh, got to save those funds so ND Cube can make a bad party game casuals will eat up. Maybe use them to fund more 3DS remasters no one asked for in 2019? Who knows.

It's crazy too because Nintendo either makes good games, or they make bad games. Granted the bad ones usually come from the likes of ND Cude and not internal, monolith, retro or IS.

Ever felt like "this is an average Nintendo game"? I usually don't, well I felt that way about BoTW but not a popular opinion lol... It's usually either stellar or really meh or even really bad.

https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/statu...024400896?s=19

Two day Halloween-style Splatfest announced, goes from the 19th to the 21st.

Proud owner of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 now! WOO

39 euros instead of 59 <3 (Store priced it the same as the DLC pass)

Now let's dive in when I have na hour or 2

The new Mario Party seems pretty fun! I really need some more party games for the switch so might just go and buy it at some point.

I already didn't care for it after a hands on at EGX but boy the more i see and hear the more the new mario party feels like a paid tech demo. How hard is it to just pull a mario kart 8 and deliver on what the appeal of the games was?

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I already didn't care for it after a hands on at EGX but boy the more i see and hear the more the new mario party feels like a paid tech demo. How hard is it to just pull a mario kart 8 and deliver on what the appeal of the games was?
    Not hard, just MK is made internally and MP is an after thought cash in franchise they don't give a shit about so they have their skeleton crew in ND Cube continue to shovel out garbage in the IP and other party games.