Poll: When should BFA end?

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    i think that you should stop projecting your opinions on others

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    These threads have hit a level of stupidity I didn't expect. Gratz on setting a new standard.

If they do for azerite what they did for legion legendaries, it will be no problem.

Specifically:
    -We should have a chance to find any azerite gear while doing practically any activity.
    -We should be able to upgrade the ilvl of our azerite gear to the maximum available. Make it really grindy if needed but everyone should have a chance to get an item to the max ilvl with enough time (raiding higher difficulty and such can still be a "shortcut" to getting the maximum level azerite pieces)
    -We should (eventually) be able to pick the exact traits of our azerite pieces (linking this to professions is a good idea)
    -The outer ring effects should have more significant effects, like legendaries did, and we should never be able to stack the same outer ring trait (just like we couldn't stack legendary effects). These effects can be toned down for PvP.

I don't think the system is unsalvageable. It's still better than the completely RNG legendaries we had at the start of Legion where you were just out of luck if you couldn't find the "best" legendary for your spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahrastafari View Post
    They did in WoD. Blizzard knows when to cut bait. It will take too much development time to fix the systems and specs, they're cutting this shit story short after 8.2.
    I'll believe that when I see it. Because the thing is, this time the community is pretty divided on the state of BfA where as compared to wod it was unanimously agreed that the expansion sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    What do you think?
    I think should stop telling what the devs and others what to do regarding this expansion based on their own personal opinion.

I though the negative feedback from MoP was bad but people managed to surprise me.

What is so hard from just walking away from this expansion and come back at a later time? Is WoW really that important in people's life that there are no alternatives to occupy their time?

no chance 6 month patch cycle also they tell a story using expansions and people enjoy the raid content and they will keep making how much this expansion that suits their creativity. They got a story to tell it and probably planned it out for 4 tiers. patches will just be about minimizing the negatives of systems in addition to the content. Most classes are functional, just some outliers. I don't like what blizz did ignoring the community during beta and making terrible systems and releasing some subpar class design, but that is honestly not gonna make them cut the expansion. they also got allied races to release, think of the money :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahrastafari View Post
    They did in WoD. Blizzard knows when to cut bait. It will take too much development time to fix the systems and specs, they're cutting this shit story short after 8.2.

Blizzard intended to release expansions faster and that was something that was in WoD, that was a important part in WoD's failing. Legion didn't have that problem and BFA won't do that either short of hell freezing over.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

the problem with these polls, is the people who have also given up on the expansion don't come here.

so you get an echo chamber of die hards posting here and on the forums, while many people have simply moved on. the only thing Blizzard is really paying attention too now is subscription and player hours. and they know its bad.

BfA should go on for as long as it needs to to ensure the next expansion isn't garbage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    I'll believe that when I see it. Because the thing is, this time the community is pretty divided on the state of BfA where as compared to wod it was unanimously agreed that the expansion sucked.
    WoD was more positively received in the first few months, then interest dropped off a cliff about this time. garrisons killed the economy and were boring non-content, and pve content was slow in coming out. the leveling experience in WoD was better than BFA overall, but proto world-quests weren't enough to sustain interest.

BFA has had a rockier start, patch 8.1 is literally a game saving patch at this point.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by probert View Post
    the problem with these polls, is the people who have also given up on the expansion don't come here.

so you get an echo chamber of die hards posting here and on the forums, while many people have simply moved on. the only thing Blizzard is really paying attention too now is subscription and player hours. and they know its bad.
    Are you sure? I'm pretty sure the vast majority of people who post on here hate BFA. Just we're all veterans, we've seen the pie in the sky predictions of yearly expansions before.

It lets you down every damn time.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Is there a specific place on the internetz where these people gather and whip each other into a frenzy like this? Because we need to bomb that place from the orbit - it's the only way to be sure. I mean, dunno what happened to him but youtuber Preach's content changed to daylong whining as well.

BfA is a very good expansion, haters gon' hate.

Bwonsamdi is better than the entirety of WoD.

8.3 at least
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

It will live just as any patch before.

Having a blast in BFA hope it continues for as long as possible

I don't believe Azerite requires too much work for an expansion patch to be overhauled satisfactorily.

IMO, just change the necklace unlocking new strength levels for the Azerite pieces, instead of unlocking the pieces themselves. When you obtain a new armor piece, all 3 or 4 traits are unlocked right away. Leveling your HoA necklace will only increase the power of those traits. That and general balancing of traits, injecting a few new ones and we'll have a decent system people won't hate. Then you can just up the drop rate of Azerite armor from M+. Done.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    I think that BFA should end in 8.2 and that the devs should really sit down and work through all the systemic issues with BFA instead of attempting to bandaid fix this expansion.

1. Azerite cannot be salvaged at this point
    The system is fundamentally broken at its core which the devs themselves have acknowledged. Lore has mentioned that the Azerite issues are something that we "simply have to accept as a downside". We will need a new expansion with a new progression system to address these issues.

2. Lukewarm reception of Islands and Warfronts
    The sooner the expansion is over, the sooner the devs can stop wasting development resources to keep these systems going.

3. Classes cannot be fixed this expansion
    Azerite and ability prunint have crippled the base power of every class, and while these systems are in place, classes will continue to be hamstrung. Classes cannot be fixed until Azerite is removed, which won't happen until a new expansion.

4. It feels like we haven't left the Legion expansion
    BFA seems like a major content patch of Legion with a few extra zones and dungeons. We need a truly fresh start with a fresh story and systems to feel like we've started a new expansion. 8.2 could introduce Azshara/N'zoth to lead into the big old gods expansion which is the real story as opposed to the filler Horde/Alliance schoolyard brawl.

Given BFA's record week 1 sales, it is clear that people are still very keen on WoW, as long as they are provided a quality product (which BFA has not delivered). So I think that BFA should be wrapped up as soon as possible so the next expansion has a chance at being a quality expansion. Here is a arojected timeline:
    8.0 - 6 months
    8.1 - 6 months
    8.2 - 12 months
    9.0 launch - August 2020 with Classic launch 6 months after 8.2 launch.

What do you think?
    I think it's very blind to believe nothing can be salvaged.

It's very possible to add interresting traits to azerite armor and change how we get them. This would directly also help the class design issues (not solve everything, but just help a bit). Island expeditions can be easily improved by adding stuff to do in them other than just killing shit mindlessly. The sooner we accept hat warfronts are just a catch up mechanic for alts, the better we will feel about them.

Other than that, Uldir is a fine raid and I want to see what they come up with in the next raids. Dungeons are pretty good in general, harder than they were in Legion which is good because this game needs to teach bad players that it's not okay to tolerate mediocrity. I love seeing people shamequit after fucking up several times in a row, this game needs it.

BfA doesn't feel like a Legion patch at all, no idea what you say that. You ask for a new story and system, we got exactly that, stop having double standard and being close minded and manipulated by cry babies over the internet. There's factually nothing about BfA that makes it feel like a Legion patch.

Also warmode needs real help.

Sorry but this is a stupid poll question should BFA end at 8.2? Well then what? Expansions Take 2 years for each release so do you just want 18 months of nothing until the new expansion I've never seen blizzard Rush another expansion out quickly it's always been around the two-year Mark between expansions it's never been 12 months between expansions

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Oh, how I enjoy these threads.
    Literally every xpac has had the same types of things.
    "It's awful, what were they thinking?" and the like.
    I remember how Wrath got blasted into oblivion because of vehicles getting tons of hatred (Heroic Oculus, anyone?) and DKs being broke af, not to mention Trilol of the Crusadlol and "omg naxx rehash lame", and now today, people pine for those days like nobody's business.

The thing is, when was the last time a brand new feature was implemented and perfect from the jump, requiring no iterations to refine it?
    Warfronts and Expeditions are new, they are added to all of the existing stuff that we had in Legion and still have today.
    They will rework them, refine them, but it takes time to get new systems like these up and running then to collect data from more than just the tryhards in beta.
    Same with Expeditions.
    There's no point in giving up on them until Blizz says "you know what, we're done here" because there's plenty of potential and room to grow.
    Should Blizz abandon them, then come on back and tell everyone how you knew they would and how awful they are.
    Hell, I'll probably agree with you then, but I don't think it's white-flag-waiving time 2 months in.

Azerite is a fairly easy fix to make more tolerable and I do believe they will attack the primary issues (timegating of additional traits that, in the long run, are very minor, mind you) and add more flavor to the items.
    Again, it just takes time.

Maybe make this poll once 8.2 is out and we see what they have in store, not only from a system functionality perspective, but also a story perspective, and if everything is still "shit", then all who say "yes, end it" should just cancel sub (if they haven't already) and move on.
    Let the people who still have fun with their chosen entertainment do so without the belly-aching of the entitled believing that the game "lost its way" or "is a shadow of its former self" because it doesn't meet their personal requirements.

TL;DR: times, they are a-changin'. Get over it.

Deleted
    1. No it's not. Reduce the number of traits to 3 per spec. Problem solved. Easier to target bonuses than ever before.

2. Speak for yourself. I like islands in moderation, just the nature of the rewards makes them very optional.
    I like Warfronts despite all the hating. I'm sure they can be made better. Also, in moderation. I actually love the rares and quests part. The scenario is a bit meh. Like the easy AP bonus from contributions too.

3. Classes will never be fixed the way you want. The proof is the reaction on this expansion where they aimed to change the least, you people yelled the most. The classes were ruined in Legion. You didn't peep about it then, now deal with it. That boat has long sailed as you were too busy being distracted by shiny new animations.

4. To you. It feels exactly like WoW 8.0. Were you expecting WoW2?

So, definitly, BfA should be here for the long haul. Don't like it? Leave and stop acting entitled.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2018-10-03 at 03:40 PM.